• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NCAA Tournament

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My expectations for the Tourney are make the sweet sixteen. That will be a struggle, but anything after that is gravy. These Blue Devils are capable. Let's Go Duke!

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's your outlook on tournament now that bracket is out? @douggie @redseat

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's your outlook on tournament now that bracket is out? @douggie @redseat

A #4 seeding for Duke is a fair at-large bid. This Duke team is capable and scrappy. I'm confident in that they will do their best. A Sweet Sixteen is reachable. Can they make it deep into the tournament? Maybe. But they need to stay out of foul trouble, rebound better, and of course shoot the ball well. They are the only team in the field that has beaten two #1 seeds.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A #4 seeding for Duke is a fair at-large bid. This Duke team is capable and scrappy. I'm confident in that they will do their best. A Sweet Sixteen is reachable. Can they make it deep into the tournament? Maybe. But they need to stay out of foul trouble, rebound better, and of course shoot the ball well. They are the only team in the field that has beaten two #1 seeds.

Sounds a lot what I was thinking too. Will be tough with the severe lack of depth. Definitely have to stay out of foul trouble. With Duke's 3 point shooting they can beat anyone if they get hot but in trouble if aren't.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds a lot what I was thinking too. Will be tough with the severe lack of depth. Definitely have to stay out of foul trouble. With Duke's 3 point shooting they can beat anyone if they get hot but in trouble if aren't.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Took the words out of my mouth! Duke needs to be smart with the ball, not turn it over, actually rebound and make their shots.

To me it comes down to the typical cliche.... "Male your FTs!" If this chart Free-Throw Percentage | DI Men's Basketball Statistics - NCAA.com is correct then Duke isn't even on the chart as a team

Anything can happen that has been proven in this tournament but honestly I am not so sure they will get passed the Sweet 16. Right now Duke is a tired team imo and it has shown the last few games. lack of depth was bound to rear it's ugly head and it appears to be doing just that.