• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Dodgers Trade Rumors

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, nothing. It's still way early, but this is always a fun subject to discuss. The Dodgers have no shortage of minor league trade pieces and could therefore be buyers in any trade.

What do the Dodgers need? Where can they improve the most?

Here's the full list of upcoming free agents who could possibly be targeted: 2016-17 MLB Free Agents

Dodgers team rankings by fWAR, so far this season:

C - 20th
1B - 16h
2B - 17th
SS - 4th
3B - 18th
LF - 26th
CF - 11th
RF - 13th
Rotation - 3rd
Bullpen - 9th

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Safe to say Trayce Thompson needs to be in the lineup as often as possible. It would certainly help if some of the vets would wake up their bats; Kendrick, Grandal, Turner and Puig are scuffling.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An elite relief or starting pitcher would help, other than that I'm not too sure. Like I said in another thread, unless you're ready to get rid of guys like Gonzo, Turner and Puig then I think we have to ride it out offensively and see if they pull it together.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough spot to be in, because the team really most needs another bat, but their isn't really any open positions that can be replaced. I mean I don't see them giving up on Turner or Grandal or Puig in the next month, so what can we do other than #HopeLikeHell that they turn it around. Ethier will help a little but who knows how much.

The bullpen isn't bad, but sure we could use another high leverage reliever.

And depending how this Alex Wood injury shakes out (god why), we might need another mid rotation arm. (not counting on much from Ryu, McCarthy, Anderson this year)

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCarthy is basically just starting his preseason. Ryu had his rehab stopped with a sore arm, haven't heard anything more?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you make of all the Puig trade talk, @Villain ? Probably won't happen since we're already hurting for outfielders but I'd do Chris Archer and Kiermaier for Puig in about half a second.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you make of all the Puig trade talk, @Villain ? Probably won't happen since we're already hurting for outfielders but I'd do Chris Archer and Kiermaier for Puig in about half a second.

Dodgers would have to include a prospect arm for sure. Why Kiermaier? He seems pretty mediocre to this point, wouldn't likely play over the OFs the Dodgers already have.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers would have to include a prospect arm for sure. Why Kiermaier? He seems pretty mediocre to this point, wouldn't likely play over the OFs the Dodgers already have.

Well, firstly I said the Dodgers probably wouldn't trade Puig and the Rays certainly wouldn't do that deal. It's basically Puig for Archer and then the best defensive CF in the league to replace Puig in the outfield. What's there to complain about with that deal?

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puig probably isn't going to get traded. And yeah, any sane person would make that trade for the Dodgers, but the Rays would hang up as soon as you said Chris Archer aaaannnddd

Trade scenarios are fun speculation but rarely involve big name MLB player for big name MLB player.

Also, the bad thing about replacing a Puig hole with Kiermaier is that the Dodgers need offense. If you're fine with a defensive outfielder, just keep Puig and hope he starts hitting again. Puig is fine on defense, we're just waiting for his bat to wake up.

Chris Archer does make sense for the Dodgers: Chris Archer’s Obvious Fit With the Dodgers | FanGraphs Baseball

And from last season Dave Cameron suggested Chris Archer and Jake McGee (now with Colorado) for Austin Barnes, Corey Seager, Frakie Montas, and Zach Lee: Proposing a Dodgers Trade for Chris Archer | FanGraphs Baseball

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Dodgers Front Office has never been predictable so I have no idea what to expect from them. The need that worries me the most is offense, and all the rumors (which have been wrong for years) are pointing to the Dodgers being willing to trade top prospects for ace pitching. The OF also looks like the best place to upgrade.

I look at the White Sox as a team that could be in sell-mode. I see Chris Sale and Jose Quintana. Rich Hill and Sonny Gray from the Athletics. Everyone else keeps saying Jose Fernandez from the Marlins and of course Chris Archer from the Rays.

The Dodgers have what it takes to get any one of those guys, but it's gonna be expensive. Grant Holmes, Jose de Leon, Alex Verdugo, Cody Bellinger... These are all going to be on the asking table. Probably even Julio Urias if you're asking for Chris Sale.

For the outfield, will the Rockies trade a star in-division? Carlos Gonzalez would be my first choice. He'd be under control for next season, too. Jay Bruce is the obvious name that everyone points to. Ryan Braun (yeah, I know, we hate him) could probably be had. Nelson Cruz would be an outside-of-the-box name that could be a fit.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch:

It would take Puig + to get either of those guys from TB. But both for just him???

edit:
OK, I over stated on Puig + for Kiermeir...

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It would take Puig + to get either of those guys from TB. But both for just him???

edit:

It was just a dream trade scenario, didn't think it'd be taken seriously. :noidea:

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

edit:
It would never work that way anyways. If it did, it'd be more like Archer and Kiermaier for prospects, and Puig to a different team for different prospects. Trades almost never work out to be star-for-star. Just doesn't seem to happen very often.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would never work that way anyways. If it did, it'd be more like Archer and Kiermaier for prospects, and Puig to a different team for different prospects. Trades almost never work out to be star-for-star. Just doesn't seem to happen very often.
These trades happen occationally, but they are few and far between.

Mitchell + for Davis + in the late 80s

Alomar for McGriff in the 90s

Wasnt there a decent sized star 4 star trade just a few years back??