• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 coaching carousel

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, SU and Louisvile only really left after Notre Dame failed to join. It's their fault. If Notre Dame stayed we'd still have the big east with Uconn, ND, Louisville, Cuse etc.

Yeah....I hated seeing SU leave the BE. But I'm also a football fan and the writing was on the wall. The all bball schools were not going to vote anything football related so I accepted what had to happen. And am very happy SU got into the ACC. WV having to go to the B12 has got to suck for them.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah....I hated seeing SU leave the BE. But I'm also a football fan and the writing was on the wall. The all bball schools were not going to vote anything football related so I accepted what had to happen. And am very happy SU got into the ACC. WV having to go to the B12 has got to suck for them.

I'd give my left nut for UConn to get into the B12.

They're already traveling to Houston, Dallas, Tulsa and New Orleans. Plus Tampa (which isn't exactly SOUTH to begin with...but that's a separate issue).

Why not go to Austin, Ames, and Norman?

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give my left nut for UConn to get into the B12.

They're already traveling to Houston, Dallas, Tulsa and New Orleans. Plus Tampa (which isn't exactly SOUTH to begin with...but that's a separate issue).

Why not go to Austin, Ames, and Norman?

Ahhh....a huskies fan. Uconn has been one of my favorite schools. Loved the games between Boeheim and Calhoun....and Oliver is a great coach.

Your boys got shafted the worst of them all. The AAC is ok...but you are correct...there is way too much traveling and I'm not impressed with the teams that got in.

I keep wondering if we'll ever get to the super conferences. UConn would be first on a list to go to a good conference. IMO anyways.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhh....a huskies fan. Uconn has been one of my favorite schools. Loved the games between Boeheim and Calhoun....and Oliver is a great coach.

Your boys got shafted the worst of them all. The AAC is ok...but you are correct...there is way too much traveling and I'm not impressed with the teams that got in.

I keep wondering if we'll ever get to the super conferences. UConn would be first on a list to go to a good conference. IMO anyways.

I'm not sure who else. They had TCU and Boise St until the Big12 offered TCU, and TCU reneged on their agreement.

When they left, Boise pulled out of joining the BE as well.

They also are adding Navy IIRC.

They're getting the best they can. But after these super conference moves....there isn't much out there left for them.

Getting the Houstons, SMUs and central florida's of the world are your best shot at finding the next TCU/Boise.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure Pitt fans are happier about this than TCU fans.
Don't know why.. Should Pitt fans really expect much more than what Dixon gave them? I mean seriously...

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know why.. Should Pitt fans really expect much more than what Dixon gave them? I mean seriously...

The guy is a great coach IMO. But I hear it all the time with Boeheim. I understand the dude only has one NC. But for real....who wants to come to Syracuse when there's all those warm climate by the beach and bikini schools everywhere else?

Same with Pitt. Dixon did great things there.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitt to TCU was a no brained for Dixon. Pitt in the ACC is a much more difficult job than Pitt in the old Big East. Pitt lived off those northeast recruits who would be able to play in the northeast and the garden in the conference tournament. Now that allure is completely gone.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Huh? Where did Dixon take them? He choked and underachieved consistently.

Last edited:

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 328-123 record, 2 conference titles in a strong conference, 4 sweet 16's and an elite 8.

The fact that one elite 8 is the furthest he ever got with all those nice teams he had says it all. I wonder how many times his teams lost in the tournament as a favorite.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way seton hall wins big east tourney this year if that league held together....nuff said

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that one elite 8 is the furthest he ever got with all those nice teams he had says it all.
It says Pitt really isn't a top tier basketball school and perhaps their fan base should lower their expectations. Also the conferences they've been in have been top notch, the old big east was a gauntlet and the ACC is always one of the toughest if not the toughest year after year. He was 200 games over .500 at a school that was second fiddle to the other powerhouses in its own league(s).

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It says Pitt really isn't a top tier basketball school and perhaps their fan base should lower their expectations. Also the conferences they've been in have been top notch, the old big east was a gauntlet and the ACC is always one of the toughest if not the toughest year after year. He was 200 games over .500 at a school that was second fiddle to the other powerhouses in its own league(s).

That's not what it says. It says he had teams, who were not second fiddle, that dominated the Big East and then choked when it mattered. That's on the coach. The ACC has nothing to do with his body of work. They've been there for two years.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not what it says. It says he had teams, who were not second fiddle, that dominated the Big East and then choked when it mattered. That's on the coach. The ACC has nothing to do with his body of work. They've been there for two years.
They've been in the ACC for three years. Why should the last three years not count?

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Mick Cronin is all but gone to UNLV. Odd situation. He's a Cincinnati guy. Grew up here. Went to school here. Tutored under Huggins. There's gotta be more to this story.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cronin is staying

Hopefully, the administration will get its collective heads out of their asses and start supporting this program. The arena is a joke, even by High School Standards, and the recruiting budget and other facilities/issues that other top tier programs don't have to worry about need to be addressed.

I'm not always a big fan of some of his in game decisions and such, but the guy has done a tremendous job from taking over with 1 scholarship athlete, a transfer, a walk-on football player, to rebuilding the team to a NCAA tournament team at a time when the Big East was sending a record number of teams to the NCAA's.

Dropping to the American hurts, but you can still get higher quality players when you have shiny facilities and amenities to attract them to the program. Hopefully, the administration sees this and will quit dicking around.