• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Breakout Players

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we will need a bunch of them, at least we got Corey Brown back for some experience in that talented WR core, he will definitely have to be that leader and could see big things from him. Here are some guys that could have big years after injuries, redshirts, or just no playing time that will most likely be playing a lot this year:

Offense

RB - Mike Weber - seems like people are saying this is the next Ohio St great running back. He has been compared to Carlos Hyde.

Is Mike Weber Destined to Be OSU's Next Great RB?

WR - Noah Brown - at 6'2" 225 he will be the big target Ohio St needs on offense, doesn't have the speed as some other guys but a possession WR and big target.

The thing is both these guys are coming off season long injuries and could have played last year if it wasn't for the injuries, Weber would of course been the backup to Zeke.

Defense

CB - Gareon Conley - He will have to be the leader of this young secondary. He became very good 2nd corner but this his breakout year and time for him to be the lockdown corner Ohio St needs.

The entire defensive line - this will be a young defensive line, the middle could be the weakness but no doubt they have the talent. They have some experience with Hubbard and Lewis playing this year. With Hubbard, Lewis, Hill, and young Bosa this could be a very good d-line in time. The key is the depth and they have plenty of talent behind these guys but again it will come in time.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping Marcus Baugh has a bigger year. He has been invisible it seems like. I agree with Conley. I expect big things from him. Elflein should be the main man anchoring the OL, and want Matt Burrell to have a big impact for the "Slobs."

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if he would necessarily be considered breakout but with Jalin Marshall and Braxton gone, I would love to see Dontre Wilson live up to his potential. He has shown flashes, would be great to see it come together

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if he would necessarily be considered breakout but with Jalin Marshall and Braxton gone, I would love to see Dontre Wilson live up to his potential. He has shown flashes, would be great to see it come together
Yeah, the potential is definitely there, his injury set him back on the depth charts. Hopefully the kid makes a big comeback. This is the time we need him most.