• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 8.5 wins, do you think over or under?

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have a hickup against maybe Indian. They have a high powdered passing game could put up points against our secondary.

That was true last year with Sudfeld at QB, but he is gone so I don't think they have a replacement for him with same up side.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Nebraska wasn't much better but I see your point.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take the under. I don't believe Tommy can mold his game for what we ask him to do. IMO - he goes by feel more than following a systematical approach to each snap. He needs to be more of a robot than playmaker, and I don't think he can turn that part of his game off like that. He plays each snap like he won't get the football back, which is simultaneously what you love and hate about his game. He needs to stay in the pocket and deliver the ball on time, check down or throw it away. Tuck the ball and run is last option, no extending the play while being chased behind the LOS. The mental part of his game is really holding him back, which in turn limits this team's chances to win games consistently.

I think we win 8 games with a healthy TAjr all year. If TAjr were to get hurt, we may not win any of those games he misses, unless POB can step up and deliver as a RS Freshman. I like the direction we are heading, but I feel our potential for improvement is capped by the play of our QB(s). Along with that, our coaches can't have a repeat of the late game brainfarts that plagued us last year. I put the losses against BYU and Illinois solely on the coaching staffs inability to manage the clock when leading.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
POB will be a true freshman, not a redshirt freshman.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska

I expect the 8.5 is a good over/under for money flow.

There are 4 losses somewhere among Oregon, @Northwestern, @Wisconsin, @ Ohio St, @Iowa, and a proverbial unexpected loss among the other 7 that everyone counts as 'automatic wins'.

Nebraska plays 9 conference games this year. If that extra conference game could have been filled with a cupcake like previous seasons I'd probably take the over.

The upperclassmen are bopleeny's flatfooted mid-majors or low end P5 talent. The underclassmen are green.
They are not ready for prime-time up front (on either side of the ball), at QB, or at LB.

Given the materials Riley has to work with, I'd personally see 8 wins as a success if the 4 losses are close. Husker fans need to be patient for another year. IMO

Well they won the games they should have + 1. I don't think we can count Oregon as that + 1 though as that early win was deceiving at the time. I'm going with They got to 9 wins because they didn't have the standard Bopleeny OH FUCK game.

5 wins were over bowl eligible opponents.
4 wins over non-bowl eligible opponents. Margins over Fresno St, Wyoming, and Illinois were like they should have been. The Oregon 35-32 win at home, ended up being an embarrassment with the proverbial 'wins a win'.

No losses to non bowl eligible opponents.

8.5 was a good number.