• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 8.5 wins, do you think over or under?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't a Bop team anymore. Gotta keep that in mind.

Last season we were smart QB decision making away from being a 10 win team, and that is no exaggeration.

I really believe Tommy is gonna be different this season with it being his final go at it.

It's majority bopleeny's players tryin' to execute things that aren't their strengths. Those upperclassmen O-linemen weren't recruited for their pass blocking skills. Tommy was not recruited for his passing skills or his decision making on pass plays.

Last season's schedule was easier than this season's. I agree they'll be a bit sharper executing. However, that would be 2 or 3 wins sharper. (7-5) or (8-4).

Add in a bowl game against what will likely be against a mid-tier team, and I can see reaching the 9 win mark.

This over/under is for regular season though.

Last edited:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like we needed a lot of good decision making either. Just 1 bad play in most of those losses.

1 damn play.

There were actually multiple bad plays that kept games close that never should have been. Bad decision making not only by Tommy, but by the staff as well.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope they simplify the passing options but I just don't see it with westerkamp and Tommy being seniors I think they want a thousand yard wide receiver and westerkamp to help boost the wide receiver recruiting also I really hope they let Tommy run more I think it's going to be key to the offense a mobile quarterback it's just he can't do that stupid spin out move and then roll and try to throw across the field Tommy has to play very smart each and every play

I think they need to suck it up and execute the offense they intend to use in 2017. The offense they recruited for last season, and the offense they are currently recruiting for. That is drop back pocket pass-pro.

How are the current WR/QB recruits going to feel if they watch Nebraska come out and run a zone-read every week?

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true. But I want wins by any means necessary. TA can drop back and all but if its not there then take off.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true. But I want wins by any means necessary. TA can drop back and all but if its not there then take off.

Judging by him running for his life last season, that would be the majority of the time. lulz

In Tommy's defense, it's hard to check down on progressions when he's got 3 and 4 bearing down on him within 2 seconds. He was constantly rolling out of pocket to avoid sacks. His mistake was trying to force things instead of taking off for a few yards or maybe even more.

The question is was it Tommy himself trying too hard to execute the called play, or Riley/Langsdorf telling him to execute the called play as opposed to taking off for a few yards?

That there was no real change until the bowl game, I lean toward the latter.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See I would like to see him check down to a FB or a TE 5 yards over the middle. Then to spin around and run around for a interception or a incompletion. Especially on a 3rd down when the D almost has us off the field. A check down for a first down is a real kick to the dick for defenses

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is was it Tommy himself trying too hard to execute the called play, or Riley/Langsdorf telling him to execute the called play as opposed to taking off for a few yards?
I do think they told him to not run because they didn't want him getting hit. He was dinged up for a lot of last season, which is a big part of why he didn't run very much. That being said, they certainly did not want him to execute the called play if it wasn't there...they'd rather him throw the ball away. Unfortunately that is something he's not very good at. If there was ever an offense that could thrive with a "game manager" under center, this is it. The requirements for that are good decision making and consistency, two things that Tommy is not very good at.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think they told him to not run because they didn't want him getting hit. He was dinged up for a lot of last season, which is a big part of why he didn't run very much. That being said, they certainly did not want him to execute the called play if it wasn't there...they'd rather him throw the ball away. Unfortunately that is something he's not very good at. If there was ever an offense that could thrive with a "game manager" under center, this is it. The requirements for that are good decision making and consistency, two things that Tommy is not very good at.

Hence Tommy being one of the components of me taking the Underrrrrrs

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do we get half a win? Can we get a 69th of a win? You know what I'm talking about.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On paper, schedule looks like a 9-10 win season. With coaches and players that are in place, looks like a 7-8 win season. I take the under.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On paper, schedule looks like a 9-10 win season. With coaches and players that are in place, looks like a 7-8 win season. I take the under.

Psa, you, me, and RA seem to be in agreement. Only you can decide if that is a good thing or bad thing.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Psa, you, me, and RA seem to be in agreement. Only you can decide if that is a good thing or bad thing.

I hear you, I hope for the best (9-10) result, but think 8 is the tops. I see a 1-3 or best case 2-2 against OU, OSU Whisky and NW. Even if they go 2-2 against those 4, then you have Iowa and then a possible Tommy and/or Riley brain fart game. If they get 9 wins, I would classify as a successful season, 10 a highly successful one, but think 8 is on target

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly guys this staff has many years of experience. I know they can adjust and make improvements from last season. By their own admission they put tommy in bad situations. I think they simplify the majority of the playbook. But then have wrinkles for big gains with low risk plays. Also a healthy DPE is theost dangerous man on the field. What he brings in the kick and punt game to set us up to score is worth its weight in gold. I know how crazy I might seem but I don't see us losing a game against teams we in the past should lose to OSU. I think we have a hickup against maybe Indian. They have a high powdered passing game could put up points against our secondary.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Wyoming. Bohl gets those kids fired up to play