• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-2017 EPL Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Man U is now in the champions league as they won Europa league, does it means the EPL get 5 teams instead of 4

Gopherfan84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Man U is now in the champions league as they won Europa league, does it means the EPL get 5 teams instead of 4

I looked this up myself the other day. Yes, they get 5 teams in the Champions League next season. The maximum number of teams that any nation can get is 5. Where Liverpool could have gotten screwed is if Leicester City had managed to win the Champions League this season, because that would have meant England would have been at 6 teams and Liverpool as the 4th place finisher in the EPL would have been bumped down to Europa to get England back down to the limit.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked this up myself the other day. Yes, they get 5 teams in the Champions League next season. The maximum number of teams that any nation can get is 5. Where Liverpool could have gotten screwed is if Leicester City had managed to win the Champions League this season, because that would have meant England would have been at 6 teams and Liverpool as the 4th place finisher in the EPL would have been bumped down to Europa to get England back down to the limit.

That's sweet. Now let's see if we can get an EPL team in the semi finals of UCL next year. When is the last time that happened? I'm guessing the year when Barca destroyed Man U in the finals?