• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9bcf8c90f82a28cd1c9114341afc1679.jpg
img_8176-1.jpeg
4a948331de231f5773d002a0bbd54c89.jpg

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't been this hungover since middle school
i remember my last year of college leaving daytona- and i was throwing up on palm trees in front of the holida inn so hard my nose started to bleed- and i just keep throwing up yellow bile and bleeding all over the place before getting in the van for a 16 hour car ride back to ohio--- after having drank about a handle of seagrams the night before. def. one of my worst hangovers.....

Reactions: TJL

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Marc Stein @ ESPN LeBron James had 10 triple doubles in he previous 5 years to this season (that sounds low- but okay)

this year he has 10....

David Griffin has done a fabulous job putting talent around LeBron that has allowed him to use his full repertoire of just absolutely devastating skills.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why have you not set the terms for your proposed bet that I accepted?
I'm more and more confident that its going 6+ if it happens.
so - what term are you comfortable with....

just for the sake of clarity- i dont think a potential Heat/Cavs series would go past 5 games. You do think it will go past 5 games. IF the series goes 6 games or longer you win. If it goes 5 or shorter I win- (unless the heat win in 4 or 5 games of course- then you win, lol)

i dunno- 2 week avatar bet? any SportsHoopla bookie cash? any suggestions? if the Heat have any injuries to any of their major players between now and then and those guys dont play in the series- you can void it.

I wouldnt hold you to a bet if Dragic broke his leg tomorrow obviously.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That bum Hassan Whiteside

shouldnt they just rename the Eastern Conference player of the week award the "LeBron James Player of the Week award" at this point? :noidea:

actually scratch that--- the ECPOt Month award should be named after LeBron- little more apropos

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tristan TKO'D.
Apparently should have rested yesterday because players who rest are immune from injury.
I mean- you realize there is science and data backing up the resting of players right? Its not like this is just a random phenomonon. The smart teams that employ statistical analysis are def. more on the cutting edge of it as well.

and you are correct at least with one thing though- resting players does not make them immune to injury- LeBron or KI or Love could come out tomorrow and get hurt- the rest just substantially reduces the likelihood of injury due to overuse and fatigue.

Like when Kobe ripped up his achilees which effectively ended his career as an elite player- he was red-lining. He had played totally and completely INSANE minute totals that were just outrageous. Science tells us that when players are fatigued there chance of injury goes up astronomically.

The Cavs as an organization have a duty to do everything they can to try and win a championship. Thats their goal. Thats what they are working towards. IF the league wants to try and realign what the goals should be so that guys do not sit out- then its on the league to do so.

and in a way- if you are the Clippers and fighting for a playoff spot- arent you happy when you see LeBron sitting out? If you are a Clippers fan- dont you want your team to have its best chance to win?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I care or anything but than Pop and the Spurs are cowards, bc they have done it for years and on nationally televised games as well.

Pop was resting old guys like Timmy and Manu. Not guys in their 20's and early 30's. Nice try. But fail.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't understand why they rested on a Saturday night prime time game. So were they trying to be fresh to play the Lakers?? Mind boggling.

Makes zero sense. If you are going to rest them, you either rest them both games or the game against the bad team that is only televised on that teams channel. Not against a playoff team in a nationally televised game.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't understand why anyone has an issue w/ LeBron sitting out games during the regular season but it's okay if other superstars do the same thing.

So, you can't read then? What other superstars that aren't old guys are resting during nationally televised games vs. playoff teams?

What other superstars, while perfectly healthy, are on the bench drinking coffee, laughing and joking around while their teammates are getting beat by 30?

How many games has Westbrook rested this year? Or Harden?

It's really not that hard to figure out.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you can't read then? What other superstars that aren't old guys are resting during nationally televised games vs. playoff teams?

What other superstars, while perfectly healthy, are on the bench drinking coffee, laughing and joking around while their teammates are getting beat by 30?

How many games has Westbrook rested this year? Or Harden?

It's really not that hard to figure out.
when Harden and Westbrook have played until June for 6 straight seasons maybe they will have earned that right.

I just love the hypocrisy of the league. lol. LeBron is their meal ticket in the playoffs every spring- and somehow him resting 5 games so far is going to hurt them?

ya know what actually would hurt them? If LeBron suffered a serious injury because of fatigue and there playoff viewership tanked. Seemsa little more important to me then a Saturday night game vs. the Clips when just about every basketball fan was watching the Tourney anyway.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Griffin has done a fabulous job putting talent around LeBron that has allowed him to use his full repertoire of just absolutely devastating skills.

Ehm... talent?

What is this talented teams record without lebron again?

Status
Not open for further replies.