• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 US Open

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fed had first serve percentage in the fifties. He had a much higher number when he beat Novka at Cincy. Fed plays his high percentage serves and he wins in three sets against Novak here.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a big fan of best of 5. Turns tennis into a track and field event. Would prefer the player that hits the ball the best to win instead of the guy who can run a marathon. If I want to play or watch a track event then I will watch that. I do not need tennis to become that. When I play and watch tennis, I dont want to see get through or see 3/4 of it only to have 1 person retire from cramps, injuries, etc...

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont want to see get through or see 3/4 of it only to have 1 person retire from cramps, injuries, etc...
That's a loss of conditioning issue.

I'm not in favor of catering to the 5% who don't train properly and don't take care of their bodies before the biggest matches at the biggest events. That would be a slap in the face to the majority who do.

If anything, I'd like to see all breaks eliminated from both sides outside of breaks for extreme heat, and women go to best of 5 like the men have done for the past century.

It's not a huge deal to me, though. If men went to best of 3 at majors I wouldn't complain.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coulda, woulda, shoulda.

He didn't.

Nole forced Fed to exhaust himself just to win a single set. It's a fact that Federer can't keep up that level of play for more than a few sets, and he proves it over and over again, hence 1 major title in 5 years.

It's not magic or luck that has given his opponent last night 9 majors in the same time span.

If Fed is still happy playing, then good for him. I think he could still win Wimbledon if he gets an amazing draw. I'd love to see him win one or two more.

I would be happy if he won another major.

But I think it would be even cooler if he could do it while beating Djokovic, or Nadal @ the FO (partly symbolic), rather than having a fortunate draw.

He's had a few favorable draws lately, but still lost. But it would just be more fun if he could get 1-2 more while beating a top player in his prime.

These losses to Djokovic, and Wawrinka @ at the FO, as well as to Seppi earlier this year, reinforce how hard it is.