• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs - Round 1 - Hawks vs Preds

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, guess that call was wrong. Crow with more softies, left to hang out and take the punishment from the crowd after giving up 6. Yes, defense was bad again, but the ones that got past him he usually saves in his sleep. Steeger with stupid penalties, instigating every chance, out of control. Timonen glued to the ice, more Rosie mishandles.

What a beautiful fucking goal by Sharpie though. Holy shit. Really surprised Q did nothing to shake up the lines. Teuvo was out with Kane one shift. Never used the Toews Kane card, or getting Sharpie up on that line with Toews. Maybe he just accepted enough by gaining the split.

Pretty sure we better see Runblad (how bad is it when we want Runblad) and if Vermette doesnt take a spot tomorrow something is seriously wrong. Not to forget, if Darling doesnt start something is really seriously wrong.

Even Babcock knows when to sit his 6 million dollar man.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping to catch an explanation of Keith's "tackle" in overtime.

But no news outlets, or even the NHL Network said anything about the "no call" which should have at least given the Preds a PP, if not a penalty shot? I wonder if the refs' interpretation was that the puck-carrier lost control of the puck before Keith appeared to tackle him to the ice?
I really didnt see a tackle, I thought the pred expected to go down, but keith didnt get a good enough grip on his pants so it might have looked more like embellishment from the refs view.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets see if there are more changes.

The only guy that looked like he had some jump was Sharp. Kane saved himself from my wrath only because he scored - Kaner really needs to stop the no-look-behind-the-back passes to no one. Hossa, Toews and Saad need to step it up.

Not sure I agree with wholesale personnel changes. This is the playoffs. Can't afford to experiment at this point. That said, I wouldn't mind seeing Richards as a healthy scratch. Any points that he has gotten has to be attributed to his linemates, and not because of his effort. Bring Vermette in.

If there's a silver lining, maybe it was good that the whole team (except Sharp) had the clunker game all on the same day. And who knows, maybe the Preds chasing Crow to the bench backfires on them the way that Darling has been playing.

One Goal? How about playing all 60 minutes.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonite it was Hossa with the step. I dont think Kane was even noticeable until the third period. I guess the plan was for the forwards to be responsible defensively. Still waiting to see Kane getting put on a line with the guy who's stick is finding the puck. Maybe he doesnt think he has all his wind back yet. Darling two no chancers got thru, so far let in 2 out of 79 shots. Can you see him back on the bench?

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darling two no chancers got thru, so far let in 2 out of 79 shots. Can you see him back on the bench?

You could be right about Kane.
And I agree Hossa had a lot of jump. But I also credit Toews and Saad too (which were 3 guys I criticized in game 2). The whole team improved. Passing. Composure.

I'd still like to see better line changes. That's been a problem since before the playoffs started. (The guys coming off the ice need to hustle to the bench faster.)

So far the series MVP is Sharp and/or Darling.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darling deserving-ly getting the call again tonight. Its time to keep on the hot goalie. Feel the game is gonna get alot more physical tonight. If Versteeg and Shaw are still in the lineup I sure hope they start to show some control.

Really wish we had some big hitting d men to pay back what Kane and Toews are gonna be taking tonight.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another classic. Finally get some net presence and it nets a blue line goal. Some of those stops by Rinne were incredible, some just hit him. Thanks for that giveaway dunc kept me up til 1:16.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Darling the next Niemi? Can the Hawks REALLY go the distance with him?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slow down a little. The Blackhawks aren't even out of the first round yet. Darling has looked great, but it's only 3 games so far.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Fudge. Kind of taking the cautious approach for now. Yes Darling has looked great. But Preds are without Shea Weber and Mike Fisher and still are making the Hawks work hard. At times the Preds are playing better than the Hawks. I'd like to see more dominance by the other lines that aren't Toews-Saad-Hossa.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never thought this team was destined to have a long term goaltender. Still dont.

Darling is actually the next Crawford, the better goalie that sat on the bench watching.

Really liked Toews comments. Said they need to play the best game of this series to win tonight. He will have this team ready. I'd still like to see some more speed on the back end and think thats more of why they have not played their best game yet.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was actually trying to suggest the opposite, but clearly did it poorly. I agree that it's way too early to anoint Darling as the savior, and was really questioning the Hawks chances now that a goalie controversy is emerging.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, the door is open to get Crow back in net. I will go back to liking Darling in relief more than I like Crow in relief, but best case, someone wins this series tomorrow and there is just relief for the team and the fans.

Sounded like Q didnt blame Darling for any of those three goals. Keith did what he thought he needed to do with Darling that far right, but the open side, the unmolested turnaround shot, and that first goal on a won faceoff with poor coverage showed a terrible defensive night.

Sweet dish by Kane to Versteeg who didnt miss the open side, but the hawks were beat badly. I think the final hit total was 36-16, and it definitely was not because the hawks possessed the puck.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Q sticking with Darling on Saturday. Blame the defensive coverage, does it really make a difference if its Runblad, Cumiskey, Rosie or Timo that plays poorly and ends up sitting most of the game? Maybe Runblad or Cumiskey will play better.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now that a goalie controversy is emerging.

I don't think there's a controversy. Yet. Gotta play the hotter hand - and it wasn't Crow.

Thought the Hawks played real good in game 5 through the first 2 periods. Then the bottom fell out. Sure hope the Hawks close this series out at home on Saturday.

And you can only blame the defense (and the goalie) for so many goals. The wingers need to play their point-men, and the centers need to get back deep and help the D. Not that the defense is devoid of scrutiny, but there are lapses in coverage that fall squarely on the wingers.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To quote Toews, "that's not the way you draw it up" referring to coming back from a 2-goal deficit, but the Hawks take the series on a real tough opponent. Preds gave them fits and chased both Darling & Crow from the net in the series.

My series MVP - Patrick Sharp.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure seemed like Q made the switch more to spark the team and wake them up than blame darling again. Maybe that third goal, but the other two were no chancers. Dont know what Keith and Hammer were thinking, Hammer skating bacwards to the corner of the net when nobody was on the right side and he took himself out of the play.

Pretty ugly series. Still stuck with Timo, seems whenever they get traffic to the net it ends up with a goal. Two hawks were skating by the net when Keith scored the game winner. Its usually such a quick shot into the catching glove.

Its gonna get tougher. Really didnt like Crows entry into the game, he was bobbling alot of pucks, first shot got past him to the post, I think he was lucky the D clamped down and only gave up 13 shots against him. It wasnt the old crow, maybe game 1 he will get back.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure seemed like Q made the switch more to spark the team and wake them up than blame darling again. Maybe that third goal, but the other two were no chancers. Dont know what Keith and Hammer were thinking, Hammer skating bacwards to the corner of the net when nobody was on the right side and he took himself out of the play.

Pretty ugly series. Still stuck with Timo, seems whenever they get traffic to the net it ends up with a goal. Two hawks were skating by the net when Keith scored the game winner. Its usually such a quick shot into the catching glove.

Its gonna get tougher. Really didnt like Crows entry into the game, he was bobbling alot of pucks, first shot got past him to the post, I think he was lucky the D clamped down and only gave up 13 shots against him. It wasnt the old crow, maybe game 1 he will get back.
I wasn't so surprised he struggled a little bit initially. Combining the psychological impact of getting replaced for the last couple of games with coming in cold, I'd expect him to come in shaky. It is far less likely to see a goalie come off the bench and play like Darling when Crawford got pulled initially than it is for someone to come in and struggle. That said, now he's taken a few shots and will hopefully be in better shape to start the next series.