• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Recruiting Class

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cameron Ordway - Yahoo! Sports

"I was kind of expecting it soon but I wasn't expecting it today," Ordway said of the Tennessee offer. "But, Alabama is close to offering and I'm going down there tomorrow and I know Tennessee wanted to offer before then so they did. It didn't really shock me but it was big."

"It means a lot," Ordway said. "It felt like at first everybody else in Tennessee that can play was getting offered instead of me so I was thinking maybe they just aren't looking for someone my type but then they offered and its a big step and I really enjoyed today. It made my day a whole lot better."

"It's the coaching staff, the fan base and the team that they are bringing in and how they are rebuilding," said Ordway when asked what he liked about Tennessee. "It's how they get excited about everything and they are just live about everything. The way I know they are good coaches is because they recruit well."
-VQ

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to coach Jones, we'all sign around 18-22 kids this class. Sounds about right considering the large class we just signed.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jovon Robinson - Yahoo! Sports

Here's a familiar name for those of you who have been following recruiting for the past couple of years: Jovon Robinson, a native of Memphis, Tenn., now is a five-star prospect at Georgia Military College in Milledgeville, Ga., and his coach says Tennessee is among the schools currently in the running for him.

Originally signed with Auburn but went JUCO.

Want.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carl Tucker Jr. - Yahoo! Sports

“Tennessee and North Carolina are my two favorites,” Tucker said. “As of right now, I’d say Tennessee is the leader, but I want to see more of the campuses at both schools [before deciding].”

“It’s a football school,” Tucker said of Tennessee. “Regardless of who they play, it’s a loud game. I had this one conversation with Coach [Mark] Elder and we talked for a good 20 minutes about everything so I have more of an idea about their school. I have to do that with Coach [Gunter] Brewer - that way we can have that same conversation. I feel like I’m real close with Coach [Butch] Jones and Coach Elder. When I go there, I feel like they want me, because everybody there knows my name.”

-Scout

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke Shelley - Yahoo! Sports

Finally, some have asked why Tennessee decided the timing wasn't right to take Duke Shelley earlier this week and it seems the reason is Tennessee is still evaluating other corners and Shelley has very limited size and Tennessee is in good shape with other top defensive back prospects.

The Vols lead for Amadi, they are in very good shape for guys like Stephen Griffin, Garrett Taylor and the add the connection with Abernathy and that doesn't hurt you at all.

They also continue to battle for Rico McGraw

Then, there's also the possibility Cameron Ordway could receive an offer.

While there are certainly no sure things, Tennessee is after numerous prospects right now in the defensive backfield and they all seem to have the similar trait of being bigger guys.
- VQ

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Weber - Yahoo! Sports

"It was good to see the campus again and the environment," Weber said. "I got to meet a lot of new players and stuff. I got to have a chance to have a lot of fun with my current teammates and recruits from other teams. I got to experience a lot.

"Actually today made me feel like I was at home even thought I'm actually 8 hours a way. Coming in this time, I felt like I knew where everything was at and I got along with a lot of people. And I got to see a lot of people that I knew already. Even though it was only my second time here, I felt like I have been here a lot of times."

"They have a good downhill running scheme like what I am in right now," the 5-10, 206 pound back said. "It's a good fit for me. I'm already used to the offense. There's a lot of things that I need to work on and I feel like Tennessee could really help me.

"Coach G (Gillespie) is really aggressive with me and I like that when it comes to recruiting. It shows me that I would have a good opportunity here if I come. I call him a lot just to kick it with him. Sometimes it's not even about football. Sometimes it's about what I got on my last exam. He's a really cool guy. I really think if I were to come here then he would be a major part of my success."

- VQ

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ricky DeBerry - Yahoo! Sports

"Tennessee is definitely a good program with coach (Butch) Jones and his staff. You can definitely see in the future that they are going to be doing great things, especially with the class they had this year," DeBerry said. "Me and coach Jones have a good relationship, along with the defensive coordinator and coach (Zach) Azzanni. I have a good relationship with those guys.

"Tennessee has some of the best facilities out there so you can tell they are starting to heat things up with recruiting and they are getting a lot of top recruits and they should be back on top shortly."

"Definitely a great football program and a place that has a lot of tradition and that has a winning tradition and that has sent a lot of players to the NFL," DeBerry explained. "I want a great coaching staff and it's got to be a place I can see myself living at for four years.

"I want a place that I can obtain a good degree in whatever major I choose and a place where my family is comfortable in me being at. Those are really the main factors."

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Ricky DeBerry ‏@TheFranchize__ 2m
Visiting Tennessee next week #brickbybrick #Vols"

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raymond Jones - Yahoo! Sports

"They said they liked how I played and that they hadn't seen a guy like me in high school in a long time, especially from the East Coast and especially from Delaware since it's such a small state," Jones explained. "He said, 'Seeing you play on film, you're a great athlete and we want to get you down here to Tennessee for a camp.'"

"They see me as an outside linebacker or a defensive back," Jones said. "Someone filling in the holes and stuff like that." "It's pretty much brand new to me, but I can do some research on them," Jones said. "I know Peyton Manning went there. But, that's about it."

"He told me to come down this summer for the one day camp and if I can come down before so they can see me and show me around campus while school is still going and they can get to know me more," Jones said.

"I was surprised by the offer. I have cousins who have had offers and stuff so it was putting pressure on me and I was waiting and waiting but I was all smiles when it happened," Jones said. "And, that it's the SEC, that's pretty big."
-VQ

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-star LB Roquan Smith - Yahoo! Sports

"Just talked to Roquan Smith who likes his Tennessee visit and enjoyed getting to see practice and liked the tempo this morning.

His 2016 teammate Malik Walker has a Tennessee offer, as well as Georgia Tech and UCLA as well, and said the Vols are the early leader there.

Both said they will likely be back this summer. Smith said he should be coming out with a top five or six soon."
-Fortenberry

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From left to right: Russell Ude, Sterling Johnson and Andrew Butcher.

QdU7U4Gl.jpg

Russell Ude - Yahoo! Sports
Sterling Johnson - Yahoo! Sports
Andrew Butcher - Yahoo! Sports

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updated list of commits:

4-star OL, Jack Jones
4-star WR, Preston Williams
4-star LB, Cecil Cherry
4-star DE, Andrew Butcher
3-star DE, Dylan Jackson
3-star OL, Zach Stewert
3-star ATH, Jaylon Woods
2-star OL, Riley Lovingood

8 total commits.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-star DT: Sterling Johnson - Yahoo! Sports

"I liked it here a lot," Johnson said. "I really didn't know what to expect but it's definitely a a place I'll be coming back to and I'm definitely considering them. I liked it." "They told me they really like me as a player and they think I can help them get thinks back to the way they should be at Tennessee," Johnson said.

"It was really nice. I'm usually able to tell if people are legitimately about what they say, even if it's not in recruiting, just life in general, and I really, truly feel like he is," Johnson said of the head coach. "The people are here are amazing," Johnson explained. "I'm not really sure on a top five, but I know if I had a top five today Tennessee would be in it."

"It's been really busy, but at the same time it's a blessing to have all of these opportunities to do something you love and get a free education while you're at it," Johnson said. "I look for the atmosphere, the people that are in it, the overall feel of the college town and the academics and the football aspect of things," Johnson said.
-VQ

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-star LB: Roquan Smith - Yahoo! Sports

"I enjoyed it. It's a pretty great place. I like what Butch and the coaching staff have to offer," Smith said. "I checked out practice and practice was very nice. I liked how they got out there and competed and it was a great day."

"I like how the coaches were on a microphone so everyone could hear them and they competed and sprinted on and off the field and got a great attitude about the game and that will give them a chance. I like that," Smith said.

"Probably just meeting with coach Jones and just how much he wants to have me and my friend, Malik Walker, up here at Rocky Top," Smith said on what he liked the most. "I'm really considering them. I should come out with a top five or six pretty soon."

"It's a pretty good visit. I'm going to make sure I consider Tennessee a lot when I make my top five or six. It's too early to say (who will be in the top group), but I'm really strong with Tennessee right now," Smith added.
-VQ

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-star RB: Bryce Love - Yahoo! Sports

"It was good. I really like the campus. It's a beautiful place. The opportunity to come here is really special," Love said. "It was surprising, but definitely a good surprise."

"I knew coach Jones had done a lot to the program and I knew the campus was real nice and a lot of players came back but I didn't expect to be like this with all the changes coach Jones has done, the people on the this staff like coach Gillespie, it's just real amazing here," Love explained.

"The family aspect is really strong. It's a real beautiful place down here," Love said. "A lot of people down here, you ask the players, they talk really good about the program as well. So, just the family aspect so far."

"Definitely a 1-2 punch. They talked a lot about Jalen Hurd and he's a really good running back but I could add speed to it and getting into open space and cutting and things like that," Love said. "I like how they open up the offense a a lot, it's not just between the tackles, they let you get out in the passing game as well."
-VQ