• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Pirates

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strained flexor tendon for AJ. Should be out about a month.

That's good news, I think. He'll be back and rested for the end of the season and the playoffs, and that's when we'll need him most.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Good news and keeps them from trading for pitching post waivers, probably would really overpay now.

Now on a side note I wonder if they will give Glasnow a random MLB start in September, if he looks good in AAA?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Good news and keeps them from trading for pitching post waivers, probably would really overpay now.

Now on a side note I wonder if they will give Glasnow a random MLB start in September, if he looks good in AAA?

I doubt it, and I think it would be better if they didn't, honestly. He's almost there, but he's still got to master that changeup and cut back a little bit more on that one inning per start he seems to have a little difficulty locating his pitches. I fear if they call him up this year, before he's locked those things down, he'll overthrow and get into some bad habits if things go south.

When Glasnow gets called up, I think it'll be for good.

stillmatic32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Cubs team is a tough matchup for the Bucs. They have the right kind of pitchers to shut down the lineup and Rizzo absolutely creams the ball vs. the Pirates pitching. Tonight looks like a tough matchup as well. Hopefully Locke can drum up one of those 7 scoreless innings outings.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haren's been lucky this year. He's pitched like crap and somehow hasn't been scored on. Hopefully tonight, his luck catches up with him.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happ and Locke should never start right after each other.

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This series with the Dodgers could be a preview of the NL wild-card game. The current state of the Dodgers bullpen by no means insures that they'll continue to lead the division. That whole bullpen with the exception of Jensen is as shaky as an old mini-bike. The Starting five better eat a lot of innings and keep that bullpen in the bullpen until the 9th. Mattingly might have to do his Tommy Lasorda impression and go with his gut feelings about leaving in the starters and not go so much by the "book".

I'm looking forward to some good baseball this weekend!

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a good game to watch from a hitters standpoint but it is a bit concerning as a Pirate fan that Cole's last two starts weren't great. Especially without Burnett and the having to rely on Locke and Happ in the rotation.

Their offense if/when Harrison returns will only get better. Knowing then you won't have to rely on Morse, Alvarez, Ishikawa and Rodriguez as much.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another nice comeback so far after a poor start tonight.

McCutchen's HR was unreal to be able to hit that pitch that far.

stillmatic32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a fun team. I was hoping they could claw their way back into it. Instead they annihilated them.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lineup has no holes right now. It's incredible. And when Harrison and Mercer are back, they'll have the luxury of just riding the hot hand where applicable. Whether righty or lefty, every hitter seems to be dangerous now, especially since the acquisition of Morse.

And they're about to have the best bench in the Majors to boot.

stillmatic32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These series at Busch are so disheartening. All 4 of their runs came from 2 horrible defensive plays.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope we can get a home wildcard game, because we aren't catching this team. And the Cubs may catch us.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards are on pace to win 105, and the Pirates are on pace to win 95, what can you do at that point?

Also, the Cards are a bad matchup because the Pirates don't have very good left handed hitters, and Cards rotation is all good right handed starters. I know everyone is worried about facing a tough lefty in one game playoff, but I honestly have no idea why people feel that way.

They are a team that isn't built to beat tough right handed pitchers, they have plenty of good right handed batters to go up against good left handed pitchers.

Also, the defense is a problem, particularly Walker and Pedro.

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All 4 of their runs came from 2 horrible defensive plays.

Yes indeed!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously if (and I know IF) we eliminate the errors we can beat the Cardinals. pedro had errors which kept the cardinals rally going. These errors are a bad omen. And we continue to leave to many runners in scoring positions.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards are on pace to win 105, and the Pirates are on pace to win 95, what can you do at that point?

Also, the Cards are a bad matchup because the Pirates don't have very good left handed hitters, and Cards rotation is all good right handed starters. I know everyone is worried about facing a tough lefty in one game playoff, but I honestly have no idea why people feel that way.

They are a team that isn't built to beat tough right handed pitchers, they have plenty of good right handed batters to go up against good left handed pitchers.

Also, the defense is a problem, particularly Walker and Pedro.

I honestly think our best shot will be next season. Hanson/Harrison will be a huge upgrade defensively over Walker, and a healthy Mercer allows Kang to play third, where he is stellar defensively. Morse should be given a chance to hold down the first base role (or Byung-ho Park if we can sign him), which will be a big defensive upgrade over Pedro and perhaps an offensive upgrade, then Bell will arrive, who should really bolster the lineup, especially against righties.

Most of the core will be back, basically, with hopefully the current version of Polanco for a full season, upgrades to defense and baserunning at limited cost to hitting, and we'll also probably add Taillon and Glasnow, which should make our rotation better than this year's.

Of course, this team could get hot in the playoffs and win a World Series, but if we're talking about winning the division, I think that window opens in earnest next season.

ramburgh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This team has the line-up, bench and bullpen to be a serious contender. However, the SP will hold them back this year unless a move is made (not likely).

Add Glasnow, Kingham and Taillon into the mix with Cole and Liriano and the team becomes interesting. The problem is, I don't think you can add three rookies into the rotation throughout the season next year (especially if you are a contending team).

Hopefully, they do not bring Locke back as he is arbitration eligible next year. Morton has another year so he will be in the mix next year. It might not be a bad idea to put Morton on waivers to see if anyone will bite and free up his salary for next year.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think our best shot will be next season. Hanson/Harrison will be a huge upgrade defensively over Walker, and a healthy Mercer allows Kang to play third, where he is stellar defensively. Morse should be given a chance to hold down the first base role (or Byung-ho Park if we can sign him), which will be a big defensive upgrade over Pedro and perhaps an offensive upgrade, then Bell will arrive, who should really bolster the lineup, especially against righties.

Most of the core will be back, basically, with hopefully the current version of Polanco for a full season, upgrades to defense and baserunning at limited cost to hitting, and we'll also probably add Taillon and Glasnow, which should make our rotation better than this year's.

Of course, this team could get hot in the playoffs and win a World Series, but if we're talking about winning the division, I think that window opens in earnest next season.

We'll see what happens when AJ, Harrison, and Mercer get back. The defense should improve, and Hurdle will be able to play matchups much better, and will have a very solid bench to fall back on every night.

The Cards aren't infallible, their pitching staff is elite, but the lineup/bench is average, with a big regression candidate, Grichuk sitting right in the middle of it.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey anyone, what ever happened to a pitcher Bucs had, McDonald I think is his name?