• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Miami Open Thread

Fiero425

JayCium
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was an amazing match, especially for the first two sets. Totally even! But in the hot and humid Key Biscayne, Djokovic had just a little more stamina. Murray fought so hard, and just got gassed at the end. Very memorable final. I have not seen such a great match in a while.

This will continue to happen if Murray insists on playing this style of counter-punching! I understand how he feels; a great sense of accomplishment and flair when you take on a strong player's best and he still comes out on top, but at what cost? He can't get away with this against the "Big 3;" Federer, Nadal, and of course Djokovic! His tongue was hanging out of his mouth early on and sneaked out a set when Nole has his usual "walkabout!" The 0-6 final set proved "resistance is futile!"

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW the finals this year is on ESPN2

It used to be on CBS but it seems like tennis is no longer on CBS anymore as ESPN takes over exclusive coverage of the US Open this year.

I actually used to like CBS. If I had to choose between CBS or NBC doing one of the majors I would choose CBS everytime....sucks that the French Open is still on NBC.

BTW ESPN is absolutely taking over the tennis world.

A few years ago they only had exclusive coverage to the Aussie Open.....now they have exclusive coverage to every GS except the French....and on top of that they now broadcast the SF & Finals for both men & women at IW & Miami

Agree with every word in this post.

CBS >>>> NBC.

I do like ESPN's coverage though. They provide streaming options, and many hours of live coverage. SUch as the SF and Finals of IW and Miami that you mentioned.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennis Channel does a good job also.

NBC tape delay garbage pisses me off. I still remember when Roddick met Fed in their last WImbledon finals that I had to watch the Roddick/Murray SF on tape delay already knowing that Roddick had won

DUDE! I have the same problem with NBC's garbage tape delay.

And yes, I remember they aired the 2nd match first, and told who won the first match. I forgot whether it was a FO SF, or Wimbledon SF back then, but yes, one of those years when NBC did coverage, they ruined the other SF for me. It could have been that Roddick-Murray and FED - Haas SF day too.

Luckily, ESPN now has Wimbledon. And for the FO, I record the Tennis Channel re-air, and they show 7-9 hours tape delayed on that Friday afternoon for the SFs, and they show it in the proper order.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering you hate the French, you don't really need tennis channel unless you watch the smaller tournaments and Davis Cup.

Agree. If you hate the French, and don't care about the smaller tourneys, ESPN will be good enough. They'll have the the Majors, and the Finals of most Masters 1000s.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in the SF, Isner struggled on his first two service games, being pushed to deuce, before winning them.

That's unusual, because usually Isner has quick service games against most opponents.

They went to a tiebreaker, and Djokovic won that 7-3.

The 2nd set was a rout.

Just didn't seem like Isner was at his best today, combined with Djokovic's defense at making Isner struggle on his service games.

Also, even though I've known this stat before, it finally hit me. Isner wins 6% of his return games. Isn't that like one every 2-3 matches? It's difficult to win even a set when you win a return game less than once per match.

Still, I like Isner, he's worked hard to become a top player, with both strengths and limitations. He has a positive attitude. He enjoys playing. And he's even trying a new coach, Justin Gimelstob, who is very analytical, unlike Isner.

Djokoivc-Murray Finals:

First set went to Djokovic in a tiebreaker. Their first sets between them usually take an hour, lol.

Murray won the 2nd set with a late break.

Djokovic won the 3rd set in a rout, 6-0.

Djokovic wins his 5th Miami Open. He not only wins his 5th Miami, but he does the difficult Indian Wells and Miami Masters 1000 double, winning titles on both. Not only that, but he did the double 2 years in a row, in 2014, 2015.