• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Miami Open Thread

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serena's fine. She was way off yesterday, and still pulled through it. Good to see.

Anyway, great to see John Isner beat Nishikori. I would never have predicted that. Best 3 set match I've ever seen Isner play.

Serena's match yesterday was the first I've managed to see is week, work sucks and that's a fact.

I think she's awfully hard on herself. Hard to be on all the time. Just win baby.

And she did.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to watch the Djokovic-Isner SF, and the Men's Final, sometime on Sunday.

I'm off until then.

Hope we have great matches.

Thanks for the threads, everyone.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it possible Isner play as good as he did yesterday?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very tight service game right now for John after being up 40-0

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
isner's forehand is wild tonight

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nole must be at least a little bit tired, but really didn't have much trouble with Isner.

Congrats to the big man for a great couple of weeks after that disastrous Davis Cup match.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most important thing for Murray is to, at least, play Novak tougher than he did last time out in Indian Wells. That match was horrific. Nothing he hit seemed to have any real purpose and he pretty much seemed to wave the white flag early into the contest. Andy played like someone who had never even seen his opponent play, much less someone who had square off against him 20+ times. Granted, beating Djokovic these days is a tough ask but hopefully he can at least make the Serb work to win it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW the finals this year is on ESPN2

It used to be on CBS but it seems like tennis is no longer on CBS anymore as ESPN takes over exclusive coverage of the US Open this year.

I actually used to like CBS. If I had to choose between CBS or NBC doing one of the majors I would choose CBS everytime....sucks that the French Open is still on NBC.

BTW ESPN is absolutely taking over the tennis world.

A few years ago they only had exclusive coverage to the Aussie Open.....now they have exclusive coverage to every GS except the French....and on top of that they now broadcast the SF & Finals for both men & women at IW & Miami

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i loathe all regular network coverage of tennis. that was the dark ages of tennis for fans, and we're pretty much categorically ecstatic that ESPN has taken over so much.

the only network that has ever done better than ESPN with tennis coverage, partcularly majors, is USA back when they covered the US Open.

if you want to see all of the shittiest matches imaginable, let nbc/cbs producers pick for 8 hours of coverage (if we're lucky) in the first week and a half of majors.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennis Channel does a good job also.

NBC tape delay garbage pisses me off. I still remember when Roddick met Fed in their last WImbledon finals that I had to watch the Roddick/Murray SF on tape delay already knowing that Roddick had won

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
suarez navarro will fight to the bitter end, but if serena plays halfways decent it should be over pretty quick.

the spaniard can take advantage of any drop, though.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NBC tape delay garbage pisses me off. I still remember when Roddick met Fed in their last WImbledon finals that I had to watch the Roddick/Murray SF on tape delay already knowing that Roddick had won
they do that all the time. it's awful.

for those of us on the west coast, it's even worse. all semis and finals at wimbledon used to be on a 3 hour delay for us. they finally started airing finals simultaneously for both coasts about a decade ago, and then finally started airing semis simultaneously for both coast just a few years ago.

if national networks still had control of the majors, we'd be lucky to get 4 hours of coverage per day for the first through 4th rounds, and they'd be the shittiest matches 90% of the time. thank goodness for espn and tennis channel.

like i said, USA network had the best coverage ever back when they had the US Open rights. I liked the commentators most of the time, and it was literally all day coverage from the beginning to the end of the tournament....except for semis and finals, which the national networks would butcher.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serena doesn't need to game plan for anyone, they ALL need to game plan for her. Simply the best.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most important thing for Murray is to, at least, play Novak tougher than he did last time out in Indian Wells. That match was horrific. Nothing he hit seemed to have any real purpose and he pretty much seemed to wave the white flag early into the contest. Andy played like someone who had never even seen his opponent play, much less someone who had square off against him 20+ times. Granted, beating Djokovic these days is a tough ask but hopefully he can at least make the Serb work to win it.

Murray has a chance if he hits angles instead of playing it safe. Noone is beating Nole playing the ball down the middle every shot. Murray is finally back to going for his second serve so that should help. Isner tried at least but he was just not accurate at all. At least he had a decent strategy, he just did not execute at all.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ESPN does pretty well. I gave up the Tennis channel. It is too expensive with the provider I have now. I have also become somewhat of a tennis snob the last couple years in that I only want to watch good tennis at the real big tournies. There was a time when I could watch anyone or anything tennis.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN does pretty well. I gave up the Tennis channel. It is too expensive with the provider I have now. I have also become somewhat of a tennis snob the last couple years in that I only want to watch good tennis at the real big tournies. There was a time when I could watch anyone or anything tennis.

Considering you hate the French, you don't really need tennis channel unless you watch the smaller tournaments and Davis Cup.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray breaks Novak at love.

Up 4-3 now