• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Devils Draft Thread

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah strange move but if he's best player available it's not terrible. Seeing what's been given up for goaltending it's not a bad bargaining chip to have for the future. I'd be more upset with it if we didn't already trade for Palmeri.

I like the rest of the picks, went skilled forward in 3rd and D in four. Pretty pleased with the moves. Now go offer sheet someone.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Quickness, speed, fast, more speed.

Oh wow goodbye DeBo strategy!!!

The team is finally going to catch up to the current trends.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah I agree with everything said.

You can tell with the second pick the guy was taken right before them and caught them off guard (really no excuse for that) So they traded back. I was a little ticked at the pick but reading the reviews of him he is big which I like in a goalie and athletic even better they also didn't reach for him also one of the top goalie prospects in the draft can't complain too much. Does this mean kinkaid if he plays a bit more will be shipped for two seconds in a couple years?

Really like the Bret kid in the third round. Obviously I don't know much of him but the stat line and he's a center you really hope he can translate to a sleeper or third liner.

Your def right and can see a change in thinking no grinders enforcers each pick I read has speed and great skating. Even our monster zacha is a great skater. My only concern is I wish he had more time in North America

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Brittney Spears guy is ok. Tedenby was a similar but more talented player who's offense disappeared when he tried to adapt his game to the NHL. He's good but i'm not expecting anything amazing.

I'm more interested to see what becomes of Col(t)in White. He seems to be similar to the Severson and Scarlett picks where you have a talented guy that played in a role that didn't highlight his strengths. Scarlett worked hard and is now on the verge of becoming an NHL player while being a 6th rounder. Severson blew everyone away his post draft year. I hope White will do the same when switched from a defensive low-pairing role to a top pair offensive role. His skating is excellent and he says his passing skills are his other strong suit.

Our last 3 drafts had 5 picks, 6 picks, and 5 picks total so there may be opportunities to bring in undrafted free agents with the extra contract spots we'll have available within a year or 2.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy on D is more depth, I think he'll be solid. Makes it easier to stomach if/when we move guys.

The guy we took in the third I've seen predicted that his skill should translate well to the NHL. He's not nearly as tiny as Tedenby. If he puts on 10 pounds or so he'll be fine. 5'11" 195-200 can cut it.

As for the goalie, if he's still here when Cory's contract is up he'll only be 25. If he was the best guy on the board then why not take him? As stated, I count Palmeri as our 2nd round pick so this pick was a bit of a luxury pick.

All in all I like our moves, I like the direction we're heading. We now have 6 young guys offensively that I feel will be competent NHL players (Palmeri, Zacha, Britney Spears, Quennville, Boucher, Matteau). We have goaltending depth now that we didn't have and we padded our D even more. More speed and skill, lots to like.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The odds are against a lot of these guys making it. I'm just glad there were no grinders slugs or role players taken.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy on D is more depth, I think he'll be solid. Makes it easier to stomach if/when we move guys.

The guy we took in the third I've seen predicted that his skill should translate well to the NHL. He's not nearly as tiny as Tedenby. If he puts on 10 pounds or so he'll be fine. 5'11" 195-200 can cut it.

As for the goalie, if he's still here when Cory's contract is up he'll only be 25. If he was the best guy on the board then why not take him? As stated, I count Palmeri as our 2nd round pick so this pick was a bit of a luxury pick.

All in all I like our moves, I like the direction we're heading. We now have 6 young guys offensively that I feel will be competent NHL players (Palmeri, Zacha, Britney Spears, Quennville, Boucher, Matteau). We have goaltending depth now that we didn't have and we padded our D even more. More speed and skill, lots to like.

It's funny, I said the same exact thing about Palmeri to someone yesterday

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than the goalie in the 2nd(unless something is going to happen trade wise), I feel good about coming out of this draft....

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I feel good about the draft as well.

I'm actually excited about the Goalie. He'll be the best goalie prospect to come in over the past 10 years. I'd have preferred Provorov over Zacha but Zacha was my 2nd choice. I also am not that big on the Britney Spears pick but hopefully he can prove me wrong. The other guys - White and Seney seem like excellent choices from their draft position.

The scouts have done really well the past few years with the picks we've had. I was looking back at the 2011 draft and we have Larsson(4th) playing top pair minutes, Boucher(99th) and Scarlett(159th) seem ready for the NHL, and Coleman(75th) is progressing well. 3-4 possible NHLers in a draft where we only had 1 pick in the top 60 is amazing.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel good about the draft as well.

I'm actually excited about the Goalie. He'll be the best goalie prospect to come in over the past 10 years. I'd have preferred Provorov over Zacha but Zacha was my 2nd choice. I also am not that big on the Britney Spears pick but hopefully he can prove me wrong. The other guys - White and Seney seem like excellent choices from their draft position.

The scouts have done really well the past few years with the picks we've had. I was looking back at the 2011 draft and we have Larsson(4th) playing top pair minutes, Boucher(99th) and Scarlett(159th) seem ready for the NHL, and Coleman(75th) is progressing well. 3-4 possible NHLers in a draft where we only had 1 pick in the top 60 is amazing.
I for one am excited to see how Zacha works out for us. I really like the clips I've seen of the kid.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's interesting that he thinks that's a big haul to just move up two spots esp if it meant you got hanifan who should be a #1 pick in any other drafts and Toronto wanted all 3 of your seconds for the #4.

Makes me also wonder if the hype on that ponporov kid was legit. The move for the Devils was a no brainer the flyers I think would've taken pronovpov anyway and leaving zacha for the Devils at 8. The canes fuck the Devils again

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the standard 3 year ELC for the max rookie salary, I wonder what the hold up was?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If it took this long for Ray I wonder how this would've went with lou

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If it took this long for Ray I wonder how this would've went with lou

Well since Lou doesn't believe in the individual schedule a and b bonuses. I imagine that this would have been a disaster.