• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 class

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim - in your inner circle, who did you hear wanted to take over the program here that was a Big Name? Who are you blaming for not looking for a BIG NAME - Pastilong or Luck? Big money supporters kind of faded away when RR left and we promoted the special team's coach. Is this your meaning of acceptance of failure? If anything, a BIG NAME HC would have wanted to come to this program when Slaton and White were still a part of it.

You amaze me how you waffle. You admit that we don't have the talent for the Big XII, agree that the facilities need to be improved to attract said talent and then blow a gasket f-ing WVU. Hiring a HC is a crap shoot. You and Poppy may be correct, Dana may not be the man for the position just like Stewart was not the man for the position. By me deciding to see what a few more years brings does not mean that I have accepted failure. I want to see stability and growth. Let's get our feet wet in the Big XII and while we are doing this, see how DH grows (or not grows) into the position. I do not like DH's meltdowns anymore than watching Huggins do the same. What is the difference outside of the sport? One is a seasoned vet at HC, while the other one is attempting to be a HC. When somebody provides you stats, you want to crap all over it because it did not translate to wins this season. While wins are the ultimate yardstick in sports, I am alright with seeing a positive trend in the program that will eventually lead to wins. But in your world, this is accepting failure. Nobody on these boards sees us a being something less than what we can be. We all want to be able to say we won a NC, but you know, sometimes it doesn't work as plan.

So now your being uppity by using the 5 cent version of hate. Impressive.

If I go back in the cycle we are currently in, then after the RR mess, Pastilong made the first big mistake in letting emotion override good sense. We should have done an exhaustive search for a qualified head coach, then, when we had the talent. It would have certainly led to a different path of recruiting success, and, in my opinion, success on the field. I bemoaned that selection then. I did my best to be supportive of what became, the present disaster. And I am staying within the football program for this discussion. Pastilong started this mess, and I have pointed the accusing finger directly at him from day one. He sat on his past laurels and let us sink. I am impressed at some area's of Luck's tenure, for sure, but it just is inescapable for me to believe he mis-read of Holgerson's capability. Someone just answer for me, why, given the greatest move in the history of Mountaineer sports, to a premier conference, would you lay the future of the football program into the hands of someone without the requisite ability to be a head coach? How much did we spend, out of pocket, to exit the Big East? Would not a common investor have searched all possible information to gather the return wanted? Does that not make sense? How far are we to fall before we climb? For me, in my lifetime, I never invested to lose, not even short term, and if that was what happened, I cut my losses and moved on to find success. It worked out very well, because I refused to sacrifice something based on smoke and mirrors. So I guess, that is our biggest difference, your willing to wait and see to win, I am not, because it never ever worked in my life, personally and professionally. I know full well that grates on some of you, and really it does on me too, but some statistical improvement on offense with an overall decline on defense, resulted in a fairly poor result in the most important stat, won/loss record, so honestly, that window of hope is absolutely meaningless. if you remove Sims from this season, I don't see anyone on the current surviving roster of offense worth a plug nickel, and it is a leap of faith to say that the incoming recruits will make any sort of impact next season, history, last season shows us that. We had high hopes for the kids brought in, and for whatever reason, they did not produce. Trickett unfortunately is not a top quarterback, neither is Millard. We are still left wondering about Childress with the early season ending injury. Can he come back? Are we recruiting a whole new offensive line? Because I saw no growth from game one to game 12, there were periods where they seemed to advance, but the were brief moments of hope at best.

I know I'm long winded, but when left to lay on my back all day with tubes, there just isn't much to do. Maybe I should throw the laptop away and keep the television off, I do actually know some medical people who would love to isolate me. I have no grand illussions anymore of being around to see a successful Mountaineer program, so it is probably the better act of valor to give up on WVU. I had thought I would not again in my lifetime be witness to this, but, shit happens.

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that this shit is longer than War & Peace, but you are doing a service by providing a therapy outlet. He will thank you in the end.:lol:

I will have your quote posted in my casket! Thank you.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you really want to blame someone for this mess then blame Stew, if he would have accepted his position at WVU with professionalism and class, Dana would only be in his second year as head coach and the program would not be so anxious to replace him after year two. He would have learned some of the things some people hold against him here, he would have learned the style of fans, media, and day to day operations of WVU just like Luck had wanted.

Either way DH won't be the end of the program even if he goes 0-12 next year just does not work that way.

We can moan and groan as we will, fact is players and coaches need to put the work in this offseason.

FIRE AWAY!!!! Lol

Last edited by a moderator:

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pastilong started this mess, and I have pointed the accusing finger directly at him from day one. He sat on his past laurels and let us sink. I am impressed at some area's of Luck's tenure, for sure, but it just is inescapable for me to believe he mis-read of Holgerson's capability. Someone just answer for me, why, given the greatest move in the history of Mountaineer sports, to a premier conference, would you lay the future of the football program into the hands of someone without the requisite ability to be a head coach?

Are you speaking of the contract extension or the hire? If one wants to point fingers at Luck for making a bad move then it should be not firing Bill Stewart outright and Hiring Holgorsen and HIS staff for the 2010 season. Holgorsen was hired to win the BigEast...and he did that. We can argue and maybe agree that the extension has backfired but Luck obviously thought that he had found the next Leach, Kelly (Chip or Brian), or Spurrier in their youth (only the ol ball coach figured out you had to have defense to win it all btw) , its hard to blame him. Pitt was actually after him before we were, he was one of the hottest names as far as possible hires in the country at the time and he had a record setting performance in the OB after winning a BCS conference in his first year at the helm. The spread/hurry up/ no huddle offense was starting to catch fire all over the place. It seemed we were ahead of the pack and then we lose long time staff members AND their recruiting ties... continued damage from the HCIW fiasco continued.

I have my doubts about Dana as far as being a HC and in some of the play calling as far as finishing/winning games and uses of his talent on offense ( I remember Spurrier doing the same type of things at Florida too fwiw) but I have zero doubt that when he gets a good QB and the line to block he will drive DC's crazy with his offense and I believe he will do it here. My biggest concern with him is that he doesn't emphasize the other "sides of the ball" as a good HC should, at least not yet. Some of that may be the effects of losing the long time position coaches and coordinators, maybe he has made bad DC hires or perhaps good DC;s want no part of this type of offense :noidea: or maybe things change once the staff members get their recruits seasoned?

He is NOT going anywhere until the end of next season at minimum(and prob not then either, too much money for us to eat) so lets see what happens as far as coaches moving on, new hires ect.. AND how development goes with the young guys in our program.

Last edited by a moderator:

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you speaking of the contract extension or the hire? If one wants to point fingers at Luck for making a bad move then it should be not firing Bill Stewart outright and Hiring Holgorsen and HIS staff for the 2010 season. Holgorsen was hired to win the BigEast...and he did that. We can argue and maybe agree that the extension has backfired but Luck obviously thought that he had found the next Leach, Kelly (Chip or Brian), or Spurrier in their youth (only the ol ball coach figured out you had to have defense to win it all btw) , its hard to blame him. Pitt was actually after him before we were, he was one of the hottest names as far as possible hires in the country at the time and he had a record setting performance in the OB after winning a BCS conference in his first year at the helm. The spread/hurry up/ no huddle offense was starting to catch fire all over the place. It seemed we were ahead of the pack and then we lose long time staff members AND their recruiting ties... continued damage from the HCIW fiasco continued.

I have my doubts about Dana as far as being a HC and in some of the play calling as far as finishing/winning games and uses of his talent on offense ( I remember Spurrier doing the same type of things at Florida too fwiw) but I have zero doubt that when he gets a good QB and the line to block he will drive DC's crazy with his offense and I believe he will do it here. My biggest concern with him is that he doesn't emphasize the other "sides of the ball" as a good HC should, at least not yet. Some of that may be the effects of losing the long time position coaches and coordinators, maybe he has made bad DC hires or perhaps good DC;s want no part of this type of offense :noidea: or maybe things change once the staff members get their recruits seasoned?

He is NOT going anywhere until the end of next season at minimum(and prob not then either, too much money for us to eat) so lets see what happens as far as coaches moving on, new hires ect.. AND how development goes with the young guys in our program.

I am not blaming Luck entirely at all. I do believe he was sold a bill of goods that couldn't live up to the high standards Luck was pursuing for this program. Does Holgersson have a talent for great offensive football? I can see that, I have seen it. But I have also watched games at Houston, TT and OSU, where good defense kicked his offense all over the field. He doesn't have a clue about defense, and yes, the, I think unexpected defections of defensive personnel dramatically changed the picture which Luck was attempting to construct. It just saddled us with a very limited head coach. And your right, DC's worth their weight in wins don't want any part of this offense, that is why we ended up with DeForest who knew less about defense than Holgerson. Now DeForest may be a special teams genius, but I'm not real impressed there yet either.

Maybe my rush for better is tinged in my failing health, maybe I just wanted to be a witness to everything I always believe WVU could be. Who knows, but as sure as I lay here right now, I will never be witness to WVU being on top again in my lifetime, and while sad, it won't be any different that what I have endured for 60 years, and nobody gives two shits what old men think anyways.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will have your quote posted in my casket! Thank you.

Jim - I was just joking. The choice of the word "shit" was a poor one as I was not referring to content as these postings are your observations and opinions. You have to admit that you have written a lot based off of 2 posts by BB. Get it out.

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim - I was just joking. The choice of the word "shit" was a poor one as I was not referring to content as these postings are your observations and opinions. You have to admit that you have written a lot based off of 2 posts by BB. Get it out.

I would appreciate it if you would just not respond any further to me. I won't attempt to trash anyone here any further with my opinions. I enjoy the reading mostly, and with my decline, I have become more cranky than the norm. Like I said, nobody gives two shits about old men who have lived this history we are told to respect.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that this shit is longer than War & Peace, but you are doing a service by providing a therapy outlet. He will thank you in the end.:lol:

There is only one person who would refer to my world of idiocy to my face... and, that is my good buddy slaton. Since we go way back, I will give him his due.

Nobody else gets that much leeway. jimmiepens comes to mind...

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is only one person who would refer to my world of idiocy to my face... and, that is my good buddy slaton. Since we go way back, I will give him his due.

I apologize for my offense. Leave me out of your discussions please. I can handle being stupid and old.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I miss Jimmiepens.....:bawling:.:suds:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss little jimmie too. He knew how to give it out... always fun to go back and forth with him.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It amazes me when there is an opposite point of view starting out with 'you must be an idiot' or 'you are an idiot' when it comes to whether you feel DH should get more time over being fired now. We all have had disagreements over WVU. Slaton and I did not agree on discipline of players one year. If you can't agree to disagree on these boards, then you will be consumed by them. I admit, King and Sleepy pissed the hell out of me and I hated when they came on the board. Some (not all) of the things that King said was true, but it was constant homophobic delivery. Now - if you say something, the same guys who are ranting turn 180 degrees when you say something to them.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss Jimmiepens.....:bawling:.:suds:

Could you imagine some of these guys on here if Stewmustgo, Lambert, Goose, and others were posting on here? They wouldn't stand a chance. Wonder where BernieRotten is these days.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR Khalil Lewis committed today, also being recruited by NC ST.

2015 class

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could you imagine some of these guys on here if Stewmustgo, Lambert, Goose, and others were posting on here? They wouldn't stand a chance. Wonder where BernieRotten is these days.

Bernierotten!..ahh..another guy that was amusing at times...am sure he has found another vehicle to spew on!

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if West Virginia were to add both CB Tyrek Cole and RB Alex Anderson from Miramar, the Mountaineers would jump all the way to fourth in the nation, behind only Texas, Alabama and Texas A&M.

Quote from Chris Anderson of 247sports about the 2015 class so far. Loong time between now and signing day 2015 but still...pretty cool, and a good indication about what direction our recruiting is headed.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add another one Alex Anderson 4 star RB to the class.....where from Miramar.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would like for them to talk to Rashawn Shaw....was a Ville commit but has opened things back up since Strong left.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a minute… you guys telling me WVU already has 5 verbals for the… 2015 class? I thought Dana couldn't recruit.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a minute… you guys telling me WVU already has 5 verbals for the… 2015 class? I thought Dana couldn't recruit.

Maybe some old timers can remember but I do not remember a time when WVU had this many commits this early.

Patience is going to pay off gents!