• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 The Washington Redskins Thread

How Far Will the Washington Redskins Go in 2015?

• Lose in the Super Bowl.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lose in the NFCC.

• Lose in the Divisional Round.

• Lose in the Wild Card Round.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump. 4 Days Left.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For gone conclusion that they miss the playoffs.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For gone conclusion that they miss the playoffs.

True, but I compile the votes and name a winner at the end of the season; the more freebies out there, the better for those who vote more.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the most upside down franchises in the league right now. Head Coach probably a good candidate to be fired after this year, doesn't look like there is a long term QB currently on the roster, and they are likely in the running for the #1 pick in the '16 draft.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't see the Skins making the playoffs this year. But I think they will surprise those who espouse the trendy narrative of worst team in the NFL.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't see the Skins making the playoffs this year. But I think they will surprise those who espouse the trendy narrative of worst team in the NFL.
Sure, they may not end up being the worst in the league, but they don't appear to be much better right now. Already really bad last year, and the QB situation doesn't seem to have improved at all. It's more than a trendy narrative.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, they may not end up being the worst in the league, but they don't appear to be much better right now. Already really bad last year, and the QB situation doesn't seem to have improved at all. It's more than a trendy narrative.
Oh, it's trendy to trash all things Redskins. Start with the name, move onto the owner, then hit up Griffin. No need to talk about football with those top 3 click points.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, it's trendy to trash all things Redskins. Start with the name, move onto the owner, then hit up Griffin. No need to talk about football with those top 3 click points.
That's really a different animal though. That sort of trash-talk isn't about analyzing the team, and it's actually not "trendy" because it's always going to be there with the rival fans.

There are plenty of people who aren't interested in that who are thinking the Skins will be really bad.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's really a different animal though. That sort of trash-talk isn't about analyzing the team, and it's actually not "trendy" because it's always going to be there with the rival fans.

There are plenty of people who aren't interested in that who are thinking the Skins will be really bad.
That's not rival trash talk. That's a national narrative. I don't even bother to listen to Redskin analysis at the national level anymore. Only those who actually follow the team have a real sensibility of football reality.

The team has 19 new faces since last year. They have bolstered and improved the Dline and have a young and developing right side of the Oline that will need some time to show improvement - but it will.

They have weapons in their WR corps and a young QB who can deliver the ball without getting sacked. They have a RB who has rushed for over 1000 yards 3 years in a row and a rookie RB who is going to surprise people in Matt Jones.

if STs performs at all, it will be an improvement over historically bad last year.

The team is visibly better on paper than last year. We shall see what they prove on the field.

Given health, the Skins will have more than 4 wins this year.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not rival trash talk. That's a national narrative. I don't even bother to listen to Redskin analysis at the national level anymore. Only those who actually follow the team have a real sensibility of football reality.

The team has 19 new faces since last year. They have bolstered and improved the Dline and have a young and developing right side of the Oline that will need some time to show improvement - but it will.

They have weapons in their WR corps and a young QB who can deliver the ball without getting sacked. They have a RB who has rushed for over 1000 yards 3 years in a row and a rookie RB who is going to surprise people in Matt Jones.

if STs performs at all, it will be an improvement over historically bad last year.

The team is visibly better on paper than last year. We shall see what they prove on the field.

Given health, the Skins will have more than 4 wins this year.
There's both rival trash talk AND folks who are making an educated opinion on where the Redskins stack up this year. Not mutually exclusive, and I don't buy that the only population qualified to form an opinion are those who "follow the team." There's enough out there for fans of other teams to have plenty of facts to inform an opinion.

But let's get down to brass tacks. Are you saying if the Redskins win 5 games you're going to come in here and claim victory about how wrong "everyone" was?

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's both rival trash talk AND folks who are making an educated opinion on where the Redskins stack up this year. Not mutually exclusive, and I don't buy that the only population qualified to form an opinion are those who "follow the team." There's enough out there for fans of other teams to have plenty of facts to inform an opinion.

But let's get down to brass tacks. Are you saying if the Redskins win 5 games you're going to come in here and claim victory about how wrong "everyone" was?

1) I think you misunderstood my words. When I refer to 'those that follow the team', I'm talking about those who are truly analyzing football play.

2) There is no victory with 5 wins. Period.

3) Can't lie, there would be satisfaction in seeing pundits looking silly regarding Skins with the number 1 pick next year.

4) Why do you see the Skins as the worst team in the NFL? You said no long term QB. How does that matter if they get decent/avg QB play this year? You said the team might be looking for a new Head Coach. That would be true for most teams if they ended up with the first pick in the next years draft. Just think these 2 reasons are less about football and more about the dysfunction narrative that is constantly spewed.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4) Why do you see the Skins as the worst team in the NFL? You said no long term QB. How does that matter if they get decent/avg QB play this year? You said the team might be looking for a new Head Coach. That would be true for most teams if they ended up with the first pick in the next years draft. Just think these 2 reasons are less about football and more about the dysfunction narrative that is constantly spewed.
I think this year the Skins are one of the most likely "worst team" picks because of all the turmoil at QB, lack of a proven HC, and I just can't point to many things they've done to immediately improve on a 4-12 2014. If I had to choose between the Skins and the field for the #1 pick, I'll probably take the field, but to me the Skins are as good a pick as any other team out there.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're headed for a top 3 draft pick whether they deserve it or not...

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but I compile the votes and name a winner at the end of the season; the more freebies out there, the better for those who vote more.

Bump. 24 Hours to vote.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a reason this thread is short with answers...:L

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a reason this thread is short with answers...:L

But as far as discussion goes, if you want football to be talked about, short thread. If you want liberal talk about the teams name and logo, long. RGIII abundant. Etc.