• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

.... 2014?

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When there's a movie in the theaters that I'm very interested in, I purposefully shun viewing any trailers or reading any reviews or listening to any interviews beforehand. Like, Frank Costanza, "I like to go in fresh!"

In the same way, for the first time, I have purposefully kept myself in the dark about what's happening in the Longhorn Football program this off-season. I don't know crap. i wanted to let things settle in.

But I'm ready now.

So, give me the 5-point synopsis of what i need to know:

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to come over here and troll this thread saying something like yall like kissing your sisters on the mouth but thought I better not since it's against the rules and all.

Great luck to your football program this year until October.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's an article concerning your subject at burntorangenation.com
Gray and Ash are both cleared for the upcoming preseason camp.
Nobody really knows how the current team is doing under Strong, but there have been few arrests and I haven't heard any complaints from players.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's an article concerning your subject at burntorangenation.com
Gray and Ash are both cleared for the upcoming preseason camp.
Nobody really knows how the current team is doing under Strong, but there have been few arrests and I haven't heard any complaints from players.

I give Ash 3-4 games before he goes full retard and his career is over. Swoopes was throwing INTs to our backups and is not the answer. Jerrod Heard is the real deal. Saw this kid play several times in high school and he has been training with QB guru and cousin (or uncle?) George Whitfield. Forget about red shirting Heard. Let him start from day 1. 6'3, 210 lbs and 4.4 speed.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give Ash 3-4 games before he goes full retard and his career is over. Swoopes was throwing INTs to our backups and is not the answer. Jerrod Heard is the real deal. Saw this kid play several times in high school and he has been training with QB guru and cousin (or uncle?) George Whitfield. Forget about red shirting Heard. Let him start from day 1. 6'3, 210 lbs and 4.4 speed.

So, as I stated in a different thread: Should we just give the ball to Heard from the beginning, have our 3 RBs run run run and just treat this like a rebuilding year? Thoughts?

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, as I stated in a different thread: Should we just give the ball to Heard from the beginning, have our 3 RBs run run run and just treat this like a rebuilding year? Thoughts?

Not going to happen. Watson is going to operate a run-oriented pro-style offense with the most experienced QB on the roster. That's how they will attract the best QBs.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why should it be a rebuilding year? AU went 3-9 the year before Malzahn took over and he took AU to the BCS title game in his 1st year and this program is much more superior than freakin' Auburn. Just saying......

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should it be a rebuilding year? AU went 3-9 the year before Malzahn took over and he took AU to the BCS title game in his 1st year and this program is much more superior than freakin' Auburn. Just saying......

Because the Big 12 is actually good top to bottom and not a hyped up top heavy conference like the SEC???
:noidea:

:yahoo:

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the Big 12 is actually good top to bottom and not a hyped up top heavy conference like the SEC???
:noidea:

:yahoo:

Damn good point. Can't believe MIZZWHO almost won that overhyped conference in their 2nd year.....

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn good point. Can't believe MIZZWHO almost won that overhyped conference in their 2nd year.....

And Aggie comes in and is the runaway #1 offense in a conference known for supposed "tough defense."
:rollseyes::lame:

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good article analyzing Shawn Watson.
The Misunderstood Shawn Watson: Why Charlie Strong Owes Him The Texas Job & A Lesson in Context & QBs - Barking Carnival
The notion that he is married to a single offensive approach doesn’t hold up to scrutiny. He has also been consistently bold in his personnel selections - demonstrating a willingness to seek long-term upside with young, raw quarterbacks even at the expense of seniority, convention and convenience. That’s a major positive - a trait that should be valued in any coach.
I'm feeling much better about the offense.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season comes down to 3 things, imo:

1) Health of Ash - Just stay healthy, please. Paramount.

2) O-line play - They don't even have to be great. Just good.

3) Safety play - Teams will be tempted to go deep on us. Our LB's and D-line should be good enough to contain the run alone. Safeties have to help contain the deep ball.