• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Recruiting News

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am posting this for discussion, and to get some insight from some of you who are more on top of this than I.

Big news it seems with a somewhat surprise commit from 4 star S - John Bonney. From what I read he could play Safety or CB. What do you guys know about him?

Also, it seems that there are basically 4 more big offers still out there - and get this - ALL on the Defensive Side!

1) CB - Tony Brown. Not sure if we have much of a chance, but we are listed as a top favorite. 5 star I think.

2) S - Jamal Adams. Another 4 star, rated higher I think than Bonney. Thoughts?

3) DE - Solomon Thomas. Looks like this kid is a stud, and looks like we may have an outside shot. Think we already signed another 4 star SDE just behind him also.

4) DT - Zaycoven Henderson. Big kid outta Longview. Predictions seem to be saying this one is all but in the bag. Probably a big sign, as we don't have a freshman DT.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am posting this for discussion, and to get some insight from some of you who are more on top of this than I.

Big news it seems with a somewhat surprise commit from 4 star S - John Bonney. From what I read he could play Safety or CB. What do you guys know about him?

Also, it seems that there are basically 4 more big offers still out there - and get this - ALL on the Defensive Side!

1) CB - Tony Brown. Not sure if we have much of a chance, but we are listed as a top favorite. 5 star I think.

2) S - Jamal Adams. Another 4 star, rated higher I think than Bonney. Thoughts?

3) DE - Solomon Thomas. Looks like this kid is a stud, and looks like we may have an outside shot. Think we already signed another 4 star SDE just behind him also.

4) DT - Zaycoven Henderson. Big kid outta Longview. Predictions seem to be saying this one is all but in the bag. Probably a big sign, as we don't have a freshman DT.
-
Tony Brown is gone. Goign to LSU most likely. i would say 5-10% chance he is a horn
Adams looks liek he is going to Florida. His godfather is on the staff. Another low probability. Maybe 15-20..
Solomon THomas is very quiet. Texas seems to be in the lead with Stanford sitting behind.
Zaycoven seems to have Texas in the lead and will make his first trip down to see the KSU game. Very good shot he is a horn.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Tony Brown is gone. Goign to LSU most likely. i would say 5-10% chance he is a horn
Adams looks liek he is going to Florida. His godfather is on the staff. Another low probability. Maybe 15-20..
Solomon THomas is very quiet. Texas seems to be in the lead with Stanford sitting behind.
Zaycoven seems to have Texas in the lead and will make his first trip down to see the KSU game. Very good shot he is a horn.

Thanks Codax. Would be great to fill 3/5.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Codax. Would be great to fill 3/5.
-
Its good color for now. 2 weeks ago Bonny was rumored to be signing with Baylor and Zaycoven was a pipedream. Recruiting is very fluid.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with codaxx about #1 &#2. No opinion about #3. #4 is certainly looking like a Texas lean.
There are articles about Bonney at BurntOrange and BarkingCarnival, you might want to go there for more info.
The 2014 recruiting class is the most uncertain and interesting class Mack has recruited. I'm a '85 grad and have followed recruiting since the mid 90's.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JUCO commit John Thomas(TE) has decommitted. He was not going to graduate from his JUCO in December as expected. It's possible he was not going to be admitted to UT, due to grades.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P Corbin Daly has decommitted saying he wants to go to a school closer to his family.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4* DT Zaycoven Henderson has committed to Texas in a ceremony at his HS.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniel Gresham, who had been an early Texas commit, is currently a solid verbal to Louisville. I'll bet he's a little confused about who he'll sign with in Feb.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I can tell, looks like we only have 3 important offers left out there:

1) Edwin Freeman - 4 star OLB. Between us vs aggie.
2) Lealaimata - 3 star DT. Oregon trying to snatch another one from us.
3) Darrion Johnson - 3 star ATH. Looks like he will be a Horn.

There are also about four/five 3 star recruits, all from Florida, and all with LVille as leading candidate but uncommitted. CB Kendall Randolph and RB Ernest Johnson being highest ones. Any chance Strong flips them to Austin?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4* DT Zaycoven Henderson has committed to Texas in a ceremony at his HS.
-
sounds like he decommitted to Texas Tech. That one hurts. Garnet and LMAO both decommitted also. I though Garnett looking elsewhere was a positive. LMAO, I was nonplussed. Zaycoven hurts. I thought he was the best DT in the state.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
sounds like he decommitted to Texas Tech. That one hurts. Garnet and LMAO both decommitted also. I though Garnett looking elsewhere was a positive. LMAO, I was nonplussed. Zaycoven hurts. I thought he was the best DT in the state.

and he is back. crazy 48 hrs for Zaycoven

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's weird, all this action during the dead period and recruits not waiting to talk with Charlie Strong before making announcements.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge land getting 4* LB Edwin Freeman. It was either us or aggie, and we needed this one. I am assuming he will play LB and not S?

Now Charlie needs to real in those 2 DT recruits who seem to be following him.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Wickline flips OG/DT Alex Anderson from Arizona State to Texas. This is only the 2nd offensive lineman for the 2014 class.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 star player. Good size. Maybe now with the overhaul in the coaching staff, we can actually develop some of these 3 stars with potential into super stars.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprise news but just heard Demetrius Knox (#5 OG in nation) may now be reconsidering Texas. Strong has him visiting at least.

This would be a major land. Thoughts?