• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Husker Pickem's Discussion thread.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Houston State breaks in a new QB.
Sam Houston State ran all over Eastern Washington last year.
Sam Houston State beat Eastern Washington last year.
Eastern Washington threw the ball a lot in last year's game because they could not run the ball.
Attendance was 8,621 in Huntsville Texas.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MaaaN a lot of good games on there thanks again for doing this jed

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's show a little decency to the man who has to do the organizing and counting.

Limit the Pickem's Thread to your picks, and do your yappin' in here.

Thanks.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a good pool of games. The only game I've looked at is Sam Houston @ E. Washington and that was a week ago.

Tom wasted no time getting his feet wet.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should we sticky Jeds weekly pickem's?

I know many have issue with sticky's (myself included), but there is good purpose sometimes when peeps need reminder.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all good. A couple regular comments here or there doesn't cause too many problems.

This is a good spot for comments though.

I already have games picked through week 3. I have gone a little crazy over doing this. Not crazy in a bad way but excited crazy. I have about 30 games written down for the first 3 weeks. Narrowing it down to 20 is hard. Especially the last 2-3. But I won't ever do more than 20.

I may be having too much fun with this. HAHAHAHA

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all good. A couple regular comments here or there doesn't cause too many problems.

This is a good spot for comments though.

I already have games picked through week 3. I have gone a little crazy over doing this. Not crazy in a bad way but excited crazy. I have about 30 games written down for the first 3 weeks. Narrowing it down to 20 is hard. Especially the last 2-3. But I won't ever do more than 20.

I may be having too much fun with this. HAHAHAHA

Yeah, when someone misses a pick (like Tom just did) or there's some kind of question.

I'm exited to go as well.

Every season is different, but I'm going to use the same methodology as last season. It kept me out of trouble for the most part. There was at least one where I was sweating bullets the last games of the day.

Those left coast night games I'd probably rarely stay up and watch if it weren't for pickem's.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I sent Tom a FB message about those pics he missed.

Those San Diego St or Utah St or Fresno St or any of late PAC 12 games are always some of the most exciting games of the night. I love Chuckie Keeton!!! And watching Utah St's D last year was really fun.

Chuckie Keeton is still at Utah St and I still love him but my new man crush this year is Rakeem Cato at Marshall.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I sent Tom a FB message about those pics he missed.

Those San Diego St or Utah St or Fresno St or any of late PAC 12 games are always some of the most exciting games of the night. I love Chuckie Keeton!!! And watching Utah St's D last year was really fun.

Chuckie Keeton is still at Utah St and I still love him but my new man crush this year is Rakeem Cato at Marshall.

If I'm doing poorly and facing the potential of wearing someone's avy for a week, there's no way I can sleep wondering the outcome of a game that won't get over until well after midnight.

Finishing the week second to last is fine. Losing is out of the fucking question. :lol:

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, when someone misses a pick (like Tom just did) or there's some kind of question.

I'm exited to go as well.

Every season is different, but I'm going to use the same methodology as last season. It kept me out of trouble for the most part. There was at least one where I was sweating bullets the last games of the day.

Those left coast night games I'd probably rarely stay up and watch if it weren't for pickem's.

I told Jed that I was just making sure he was paying attention. We don't want someone to run this thing who is lackadaisical and careless..... :whistle:

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't go to sleep until the last game is over. That is really going to make Sundays rough for me now that I am working every Sunday at 6am. Oh well, a sacrifice I happily put on myself.

Speaking of that, as for the results each week I will post them as fast as possible. I will compile them during down time at work (I have plenty of down time on Sundays). I get off at 2pm on Sundays so if they are not posted by then, they will be posted shortly after.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told Jed that I was just making sure he was paying attention. We don't want someone to run this thing who is lackadaisical and careless..... :whistle:

You old bastard, you need new glasses.

Or all those fish you catch are squirting you in the eyes to much to see.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, I haven't gone fishing in a month..... sad, I know.....

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
Nah, I haven't gone fishing in a month..... sad, I know.....

That's profane talk right thar Tom.

In the last 2 wks, I've caught wiper, white bass, walleye, flathead, channel cat. Good eat's right thar :drool: cept I threw the channel cat's back.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's profane talk right thar Tom.

In the last 2 wks, I've caught wiper, white bass, walleye, flathead, channel cat. Good eat's right thar :drool: cept I threw the channel cat's back.

tumblr_m6ywhiK2Ur1r7xum8o1_400.jpg

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My toughest games to pick

Tulane Tulsa I know nothing about these teams. I don't even have an inkling on which way too pick, which is rare. All the other games I had an idea of right in the beginning.

Colorado State Colorado Colorado is just so bad, but CU beat CSU last year

North Dakota State Iowa State NDSU lost Craig Bohl, but Iowa State had a really bad 2013

California Northwestern two good academic schools, although California doesn't care about academics for its athletes. Both are bad. California has tons of talent but never knows how to use it. No Cain Kolter at Northwestern. Losing Venric Mark is no big deal in my opinion, but Kolter was a serious problem for teams.

Wisconsin LSU Got me. Take the hype and the big uglies vs the SEC speed? I live closer to Wisconsin than Louisiana

Utah State Tennessee Mr. Keeton on the checkerboard will be cool. Tennessee can Jekyl and Hyde you

Miami Louisville Is Miami's roster problems too much? Since Bridgewater and Strong left, does Louisville have leadership probems?