• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 game predictions

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does everyone predict our record will be at the end of the season?
DateOpponent Result
Aug. 30at UCF win
Sep. 6Akron win
Sep. 13at Rutgers win
Sep. 20Massachusetts win
Sep. 27Northwestern win
Oct. 11at Michigan lose
Oct. 25Ohio State lose
Nov. 1Maryland win
Nov. 8at Indiana win
Nov. 15Temple win
Nov. 22at Illinois win
Nov. 29Michigan State lose

I predict 9-3 and even would be happy with 8-4.

I agree, but think Michigan is a coin flip, they are not going to be any better than last year and seem to be poorly coached. I'll be happy with 7 wins and up, after this year we'll be back on the big upswing and reloading with bigtime talent. Luckily this year's schedule shapes up nice for our depleted and very young squad. Just gotta keep Hack upright and we'll be OK.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but think Michigan is a coin flip, they are not going to be any better than last year and seem to be poorly coached. I'll be happy with 7 wins and up, after this year we'll be back on the big upswing and reloading with bigtime talent. Luckily this year's schedule shapes up nice for our depleted and very young squad. Just gotta keep Hack upright and we'll be OK.

:agree: keep Hack in one piece, continue to load up on big nasty o-lineman, continue recruiting the USA and lets see how Franklin coaches. 2015 should be 1 hell of year.

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aug. 30 at UCF win
Sep. 6 Akron win
Sep. 13 at Rutgers win - My gut says this will be a competitive with Rutgers wanting to make a statement that they're here to compete.
Sep. 20 Massachusetts win
Sep. 27 Northwestern win
Oct. 11 at Michigan loss - We will be largely untested at this point and it will be Franklin's first major test. That and prime-time crowd in Ann Arbor...
Oct. 25 Ohio State lose - I think this will be very close especially with the bye week and the crowd for prime time.
Nov. 1 Maryland win
Nov. 8 at Indiana win
Nov. 15 Temple win
Nov. 22 at Illinois win
Nov. 29 Michigan State lose

I have to completely agree with Ritz's predictions. This is all assuming that our offensive line can stay healthy. If they don't then this could slide quite a bit, but I can't see it at less than 7-5 even with that.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aug. 30 at UCF win
Sep. 6 Akron win
Sep. 13 at Rutgers win - My gut says this will be a competitive with Rutgers wanting to make a statement that they're here to compete.
Sep. 20 Massachusetts win
Sep. 27 Northwestern win
Oct. 11 at Michigan loss - We will be largely untested at this point and it will be Franklin's first major test. That and prime-time crowd in Ann Arbor...
Oct. 25 Ohio State lose - I think this will be very close especially with the bye week and the crowd for prime time.
Nov. 1 Maryland win
Nov. 8 at Indiana win
Nov. 15 Temple win
Nov. 22 at Illinois win
Nov. 29 Michigan State lose

I have to completely agree with Ritz's predictions. This is all assuming that our offensive line can stay healthy. If they don't then this could slide quite a bit, but I can't see it at less than 7-5 even with that.

I am far more worried about MD game than Butgers, they are a dumpster fire with no QB and a bad defense. Also, Prime time at UM isn't like Prime time in Happy Valley, you ever been to the big hush?? Quietest 100k + people you'll ever find and they are having trouble selling student tickets

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello everyone. I am a mod here on the SportsHoopla and I am new to the Penn State Sub Forum. Back to my alma mater. I attended Penn State between the years 1996 and 2004 working on Ph.D in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology. I was there for all the scandals and such. I still watch an occasional game from Phoenix where I reside. So I'll be on this year from time-to-time. I think they go 8-4 this year.

pabartl787

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many questions about this team to make a hard prediction (new staff, new WRs, depleted O-Line). We can go anywhere from 8-4 to 10-2.....maybe, just maybe 11-1.

Grue

Member's Only Jacket
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 locks for me. I just don't see anything in these team's roster that could worry me in the least.

Akron, UMass, Rutgers, Northwestern, Temple & Illinois

2 losses also locked in. Are upsets possible? I guess but they are significantly ahead in talent now.
Ohio State & Michigan State.

The season will turn on the final 4:
UCF (Ireland) - Last year's BCS team with a first-round QB tore up our poorly coached, young secondary. And they won by 3 in Hackenberg's first game. Tables are turned in this one; PSU has the offensive edge (but not defensive). I'll take PSU in a wide open shootout, 42-34.

Michigan - It took more than a few miracles last year. Revenge is an overrated motivation used by lazy TV analysts. But if Gardner avoids the costly mistakes and Michigan plays with a little more poise in front of the home crowd, they should win this.

Maryland - Maryland has a great set of WRs led by possible All-American Diggs. This game is tougher than expected as Maryland settles in as a mid-level B1G team. However, two weeks off and secondary seasoning against Northwester, Michigan, and Ohio State will have us ready for Maryland. According to plan, PSU becomes bowl eligible - and that's seen as a pretty big deal.

At Indiana - this is the trap game. After a celebratory win against regional rival Maryland, PSU has to go on the road to play an 11:00 Am start in front of an apathetic crowd. Indiana's offense gave the Nits Fits last year. There is more than a reasonable chance the team comes out a little flat on the road.

So, 8-4 for my prediction. Doomsday picks of 6-6 are as unlikely as Chrisitan Hackeberg riding a Unicorn. Anywhere from 7-5 to 9-3 are reasonable.

And they win the Bowl Game. How could they not?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Gesecki is really impressing early on. Word is some NFL scouts were already singling him out during early workouts. Thank god he stuck and didn't go to Columbus

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Braxton may be out for the year.. still lot to come out, but that would make the game substantially more winnable for the white out.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Braxton may be out for the year.. still lot to come out, but that would make the game substantially more winnable for the white out.

yeah, that would be HUGE blow for them. Hate seeing anyone get hurt though. Hope he really isn't hurt bad or out for season.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 locks for me. I just don't see anything in these team's roster that could worry me in the least.

Akron, UMass, Rutgers, Northwestern, Temple & Illinois

2 losses also locked in. Are upsets possible? I guess but they are significantly ahead in talent now.
Ohio State & Michigan State.

The season will turn on the final 4:
UCF (Ireland) - Last year's BCS team with a first-round QB tore up our poorly coached, young secondary. And they won by 3 in Hackenberg's first game. Tables are turned in this one; PSU has the offensive edge (but not defensive). I'll take PSU in a wide open shootout, 42-34.

Michigan - It took more than a few miracles last year. Revenge is an overrated motivation used by lazy TV analysts. But if Gardner avoids the costly mistakes and Michigan plays with a little more poise in front of the home crowd, they should win this.

Maryland - Maryland has a great set of WRs led by possible All-American Diggs. This game is tougher than expected as Maryland settles in as a mid-level B1G team. However, two weeks off and secondary seasoning against Northwester, Michigan, and Ohio State will have us ready for Maryland. According to plan, PSU becomes bowl eligible - and that's seen as a pretty big deal.

At Indiana - this is the trap game. After a celebratory win against regional rival Maryland, PSU has to go on the road to play an 11:00 Am start in front of an apathetic crowd. Indiana's offense gave the Nits Fits last year. There is more than a reasonable chance the team comes out a little flat on the road.

So, 8-4 for my prediction. Doomsday picks of 6-6 are as unlikely as Chrisitan Hackeberg riding a Unicorn. Anywhere from 7-5 to 9-3 are reasonable.

And they win the Bowl Game. How could they not?
UCF was game 3 last season. Pretty much agree with the rest.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hearing VERY good reports on the defense and some of the spots I was very worried about seem like they may be strengths now. Sounds like shoop has them far more organized and they have a much better understanding of hi system, which is apparently similar to Butler's but uses more pressur and lets the CB's press much more

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hearing VERY good reports on the defense and some of the spots I was very worried about seem like they may be strengths now. Sounds like shoop has them far more organized and they have a much better understanding of hi system, which is apparently similar to Butler's but uses more pressur and lets the CB's press much more
Thank God. I'm 49 and his defense was as bad as I've seen. Corners always seemed to be 10 yards off the LOS.