• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 final roster

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding the 7 WRs. My guess is it means Norwood probably isnt 100%, I think once he is healthy you probably see Bates cut. Bates over Walters surprised me. Maybe Schilling/Gilliam over Hauptmann/Winston was a slight surprise. Other then that pretty status quo.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we get to see who gets picked up. I'm hoping that the 49ers don't claim Daniels, I love to see him make the PS.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could have kept Pryor and his 4.3 speed to return punts.

Sounds like your a big Pryor fan. You do realize that your two favorite teams let him leave....right? Maybe that's shows he isn't all that. May be time to unfriend him.:lol:

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walters cut is a real shocker.... Guess ET is doing PR

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas SHOULD NOT be returning punts.

What the hell is Carroll Thinking ????

So I think the bolded above is a statement worth discussing.

It was my initial reaction when I heard that it was a possibility.

The vast majority of hawk fans that I have heard or seen chime in agree.

But is there actually any evidence to support the concern?

I've seen plenty of hits on punt returners that made me go "OH, SHIT, THAT MOTHERFUCKER GOT BLOWN UP!!!", but I can't think of any where the dude that got blown up had any serious injury and I don't think that there is any evidence indicating that punt returners are more prone to injury than any other position.

And while ET hasn't made more than one or two good returns in preseason, we've all seen how good he is with the ball in his hands and space in front of him after a pick, and nothing about his career has indicated that he is "injury-prone"

So I guess the questions is: why shouldn't we want our best player back there returning punts?

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone will snatch him up...Jacksonville?

I think a lot of these guys are going to be scooped up pretty quickly. It will be interesting to see who ends up on the practice squad when the dust settles.

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I think the bolded above is a statement worth discussing.

It was my initial reaction when I heard that it was a possibility.

The vast majority of hawk fans that I have heard or seen chime in agree.

But is there actually any evidence to support the concern?

I've seen plenty of hits on punt returners that made me go "OH, SHIT, THAT MOTHERFUCKER GOT BLOWN UP!!!", but I can't think of any where the dude that got blown up had any serious injury and I don't think that there is any evidence indicating that punt returners are more prone to injury than any other position.

And while ET hasn't made more than one or two good returns in preseason, we've all seen how good he is with the ball in his hands and space in front of him after a pick, and nothing about his career has indicated that he is "injury-prone"

So I guess the questions is: why shouldn't we want our best player back there returning punts?

The team will not play scared, If ET is the best person for the job the team will not be scared to play him there

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walters being included among the final cuts shouldn't be that big a surprise. I think it was widely assumed that his only chance of making the team was on special teams and if he had been able to field all his returns cleanly and put up decent yardage, it could have given Carroll a good excuse to not use ET back there. Unfortunately for Walters, and for the people who aren't thrilled with the idea of Thomas returning punts, Carroll's #1 pet peeve is coughing the ball up. You can't afford those types of mistakes if it's the only real chance you have of making the team.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heres the practice squad thus far

Seattle Seahawks:

Signed to practice squad (officially announced): Jimmy Staten, DT (Staten on Twitter), RaShaun Allen, TE; Demitrius Bronson, RB; B.J. Daniels, QB; Nate Isles, OT; Chris Matthews, WR; Terrance Parks, S; Steven Terrell, S.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heres the practice squad thus far

Seattle Seahawks:

Signed to practice squad (officially announced): Jimmy Staten, DT (Staten on Twitter), RaShaun Allen, TE; Demitrius Bronson, RB; B.J. Daniels, QB; Nate Isles, OT; Chris Matthews, WR; Terrance Parks, S; Steven Terrell, S.

Thanks. I seen so many conflicting reports that I didn't want to post them. Nice to see B.J. Daniels slide thru waivers.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BOOM!!! We got our PR back!!! Considering our defense, he will be earning his pay this year for sure. :suds:

Seahawks sign WR/PR/KR Bryan Walters to active roster, so Earl Thomas may not be returning punts after all

News Tribune - All of you adverse to risk — at least when it comes to Seattle’s All-Pro safety being a standing target for opponents on 40-yard sprints right at him — rejoice!

The Seahawks have signed back wide receiver/punt returner/kick returner Bryan Walters to their active roster three days after releasing him among their final preseason cuts.

Walters is back on the practice field here at the Virginia Mason Athletic Center in Renton right now wearing his familiar No. 19.

The team announced the move about 90 minutes after Pete Carroll was asked during his weekly press conference today here at the Virginia Mason Athletic Center in Renton “Is Earl Thomas returning punts?” the Seahawks’ coach responded with two words.

“Yeah, yeah.”

It wasn’t exactly a convincing or unequivocal response about his All-Pro safety.

Walters returned every punt and kickoff for the Seahawks last week in their exhibition finale at Oakland, and he was fearless to the point of being reckless returning punts and badly bruising ribs in exhibition games last month.

The result for now is what every coach loves: Uncertainty with his opponent over who will play what in the upcoming game. At this point I would be surprised if Thomas returns all of Green Bay’s punts — or even the first one — Thursday night. After all, why sign Walters to the active roster to just stand on the sidelines as the seventh wide receiver?

My guess on why the Seahawks cut Walters and kept the more versatile and thus valuable Bates in the first place (the most surprising move of Seattle’s preseason) , only to sign him onto the active roster three days later: Perhaps the Seahawks feel they can now get Bates through waivers and onto their practice squad more easily than they could have Walters. When Walters couldn’t get a deal anywhere else onto an active roster since Saturday, he signed back with the Seahawks. That’s just a guess. I’ll keep digging into that one.

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BOOM!!! We got our PR back!!! Considering our defense, he will be earning his pay this year for sure. :suds:

Seahawks sign WR/PR/KR Bryan Walters to active roster, so Earl Thomas may not be returning punts after all

News Tribune - All of you adverse to risk — at least when it comes to Seattle’s All-Pro safety being a standing target for opponents on 40-yard sprints right at him — rejoice!

Just because Walters is on the roster does not mean he will be returning punts for us. This quote was in one of Seattle's papers Today

The best player on the Seattle Seahawks' historically great defense is going to moonlight on special teams this season.

Coach Pete Carroll confirmed Monday that All-Pro safety Earl Thomas will indeed be the team's primary punt returner entering the season.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce Irvin announces he will play in the Packers game. :suds: