• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014-15 NBA Season (UofA Style)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night the 2014-15 NBA season started, along with the careers of many new Cats looking to get their first run... along with the many vets still doing their thing. I watched Arron Gordon's debut. He looked good, hit his first 3 shots and played solid defense. I saw that Jason Terry made 2 threes and is only 50 or so away from passing Jason Kidd for 3rd on the list of the all-time made 3s in NBA history.

Also... Jordan Hill plays for the Lakers who played last night too, I just can't be bothered to look up the stats of Laker games.

At this very moment I am watching Solo in a starting role for the Pacers, due to the injury to Paul George. I hate to see a player of that caliber go down... but then again, I love to see a Wildcat alum, particularly a fan-fav like Solo, get his chance. Last year as a rookie he was 11th+ man off the bench, when he wasn't in the D-League. This year he is a starter on opening night. And he just hit his first 3 as I'm typing.

Anyway, I figured I would make a thread for UofA alums in the NBA for this season. For posting things like: "Did you see this Dunk by AG last night?!".. or "Steve Kerr wins 50 games faster than any coach in NBA history!!"... or "I wish that Derrick Williams was playing better...".

Good luck to all of the UofA alums in the league this year, and also to guys like Nick Johnson who is starting out in the D-league and trying to get into a rotation.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love that there are three Wildcat trios on the same teams too.

Kerr-Iggy in Golden State.
Frye-Gordon in Orlando.
Terry-Johnson in Houston.

Pretty cool.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, this is the only way I'll talk about the NBA. Great thread GS.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of those duos, Channing Frye is day-to-day, but made his debut tonight in the starting lineup for the Magic...

... in that same game, AG got his first official NBA-Poster.

AG_Poster_01.jpg

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm allowed to post again?

Anyway doesn't make sense that Nick Johnson didn't make the Rockets especially with how weak there bench is. I like him more than Francisco Garcia...... But players have developed in the d league in recent years.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm allowed to post again?

Anyway doesn't make sense that Nick Johnson didn't make the Rockets especially with how weak there bench is. I like him more than Francisco Garcia...... But players have developed in the d league in recent years.

Wow, look at that. Welcome back. How'd you get banned?

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, look at that. Welcome back. How'd you get banned?

Spamming and whining the mods lmao....... Nvm I see nick Johnson out there on bench he will probly get in games on TNT! I see Harden, Ayres, Jason Terry, Nick Johnson, Kyle Anderson it's a PAC 12 reunion!:suds:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spamming and whining the mods lmao....... Nvm I see nick Johnson out there on bench he will probly get in games on TNT! I see Harden, Ayres, Jason Terry, Nick Johnson, Kyle Anderson it's a PAC 12 reunion!:suds:

I see you've been working on your grammar and punctuation. Welcome back.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AG had his best game of the year tonight against Minnesota. He had some key plays down the stretch and in OT.

Here is his stat line.

and... in the interview after the game he was humble as ever. He is going to be (is) a great player, hard to believe he is still only 19.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he can hit the three with any level of consistency... good luck defending him. My gawd.

Btw- where were those FT's when he played with us?!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the commercial breaks/halftime... (or when it becomes a blowout) everyone should keep an eye on an NBA game that starts at the same time as the UofA homecoming football game against CU:

The 6-0 Houston Rockets take on the 4-0 Golden State Warriors, with a plethora of UofA influences.

UofA alums on the Warrirors: Kerr/Iggy/Luke Walton/Bruce Frazer will be taking on JT and Bunnies.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill has been playing great. Indy is giving him plenty of playing time too so I don't expect him to slow down anytime soon.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game for Solo. 28 pts .

So great to see him getting his chance with the Pacer's injuries. He looks so strong and agile, and you can tell he has worked hard on his conditioning for the last 4+ years. We all remember him as a Freshman/Sophomore, with his baby fat, but by the time he was a senior he was lean and dunking on people... now he has advanced his quickness/burst even more. He looks great, still has the tight handle, but can get to the rim even quicker now.

If he keeps playing like he has the last few games, they will have no choice but to keep him in the rotation, even when they are at full strength.

Solo's Highlights: 28 points, 6 boards, 3 steals

Last edited by a moderator: