• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 St. Louis Cardinals thread

Arch City

Exce11ence in Baseball
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...I've been busy and haven't had the chance to check in here much lately. So it's nice to see positive comments from Dodgers, Cubs, and even Red Sox fans. The trolling on Facebook has been pretty intense and ridiculous, not that I'd ever expect any meaningful dialogue on Facebook outside of family and friends.

I thought this would be an evenly-matched series, and I suppose it still is to an extent. The only trouble is, I thought the Cardinals would rise to the occasion. Yes, they managed to squeak out wins in Games 2 and 3, and I don't want to take anything away from Boston's pitching, but the situational hitting has been nothing short of atrocious throughout the series. I think the Cardinals could set a record for infield pop-ups and grounders. Someone not named Matt Holliday or Carlos Beltran needs to come through no matter how good our pitching is if we have any chance in Boston. David Ortiz has been incredible, but just to show how poorly the Cardinals are hitting, I believe if you subtract Holliday, Beltran, Carpenter, and Molina, he has more hits than the rest of the Cardinals combined!

I don't like the odds at Fenway (especially with silent bats), but I can't give up on the Cardinals just yet. Save for Game 1, these games have been close and intense, so that's all we can hope for in Games 6 and 7!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Carpenter signed an extension for 6yr $52,000,000. Locked up till he is 34 (Matt Holliday's current age)

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im going to the game tonight (Huzzah!) and it looks like Carlos Martinez is going to get the start against the Mets.

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets go Wainwright!

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice series win over the Dodgers, still playing with all the injuries.