• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 season thread

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, another win. 56-7 thumping of Wake. It seemed that the O was clicking on all cylinders, which it should have against a pitiful Wake team, and the D didn't look too bad either. This is probably the worst Grobe team yet. They couldn't get anything going.

I was disappointed in our rushing game. If we are truly a "run first" team, then 166 yds rushing against this Wake team is terrible.
Tajh had a banner day though. He had over 300 yds and 3 TD's. He also rushed for 69 of our 166 yds and added another TD on the ground.

I think Hot Rod got hurt but not sure of the extent of it. DJ howard looked good running the ball though and should have gotten more touches instead of having Tajh run the ball over 15 times. AThat's just nuts against Wake. Why risk getting him hurt?

Anyway, next week should be another creampuff against Syracuse, then BC the following week.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tigers improve to 5-0 after crushing Syracuse Saturday, 49-14. The offense came out on fire and hung 35 pts in the first half. The defense looked OK as usual but gave up a number of big runs, like usual. If we could get these few big let downs taken care of, this D would be solid. They did have 4 sacks and 4 interceptions on the day though, so it's hard to bitch too much. There were a number of strange calls from our coaching staff in this game. After scoring our first TD, we attempted an onside kick. The ball went out of bounds and The Orangemen had excellent field position. Then, with time running out in the first half, we go for it on a 4th and goal instead of kicking a FG.

Overall, it was another win and was done in the manner it should have been: not struggling with or playing down to an inferior team. One more warm up before the FSU game. Next week we have Boston College at home. Game time is 3:30 on abc/espn2.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clean it up. So far Clemson is well, pulling a Clemson

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We squeaked one out Saturday against BC, 24-14 to move to 6-0 on the season. We relied on the defense to pull us out of this one. They held the #1 rusher in the country to 70 yds and 0 TD's. The D also held BC to 286 total yds while recovering one fumble and taking it in for a TD and picking off Rettig once. The D looked good except for 2 plays. One was a 69 yd TD pass and the other was a 38 yd run for a TD. The offense never got on track in this game. Tajh still managed over 300 yds in the air but only had 1 TD toss and that one was to Sammy. Humpries continues to get a lot of balls thrown his way and is consistently getting tough yards after the catch. Hot Rod had 91 yds on 18 carries with 0 TD's. We botched 2 FG attempts and ran a couple of trick plays. AGAIN!! It's frustrating. These failed trick plays could have been legitimate plays that would have gotten us 1st downs. I'm tired of seeing the tricky shit, especially in critical situations. Save that shit for desperation time or something. Otherwise let's just play football CHAD!!. Another thing; the O line looked turrble. They couldn't open any holes for our RB's and there was constant pressure on Tajh. This O line has got to get better. Quickly.

Next week is a big game against FSU. I sure hope we come out looking better than we did against BC or FSU is going to whip our ass. I think we can win this game if the O line comes in with an attitude and doesn't get pushed around. FSU had a bye last week so they have had plenty of time to prepare and get pumped up for this game. Let's go Tigers!! Bring it on!!

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won the Orange Bowl. Yay me! 40-35 against a very good OSU team!