• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 season thread

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big win in the season opener against #5 UGA followed by a solid show against SC State.

Started the season ranked 8th and at the end of week 2 we are up to 4th. We'll see if we can maintain w/out choking when the limelight is on us. GO TIGERS!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shitty game against NC St. No matter what Dabo says about how great they are and how many games they'll win. NC St. is a bad football team and we barely got out of there alive. Lots to work on. I don't see any Cinderella story in our future.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should hang 60 pts this week. Wake could be the worst team we play all year, with the exception of the Citadel. :L

cu_tigers3n8

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shitty game against NC St. No matter what Dabo says about how great they are and how many games they'll win. NC St. is a bad football team and we barely got out of there alive. Lots to work on. I don't see any Cinderella story in our future.

I agree on the shitty game and a lot of work is needed, but the defense still looked good. Any team can be good, but a great team finds a way to win even when their best players are NOT playing to their potential.

Last edited by a moderator:

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on the shitty game and a lot of work is needed, but the defense still looked good. Any team can be good, but a great team finds a way to win even when their best players are NOT playing to their potential.

I agree for the most part. I still think our secondary is very weak. Blanks takes bad angles and isn't sure where the hell he's suppose to be half the time. Our CB's are fair to decent. Our line and LB's are the heart and soul of this D.

cu_tigers3n8

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree for the most part. I still think our secondary is very weak. Blanks takes bad angles and isn't sure where the hell he's suppose to be half the time. Our CB's are fair to decent. Our line and LB's are the heart and soul of this D.

We have 3 games before FSU to correct the problems and we start with Wake this weekend.
I hate to say it, but the first string O and D need to stay in the entire game and get all the reps they can and get on the same page.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tajh just needs to relax in clutch situations and big moments. I think the Heisman hype has gone to his fucking head. We should wax our next three opponents, Wake, Syracuse, and BC. I would say we need everyone to get reps. If there are any injuries, we will be relying on some young guys to step in. The right side of that Oline definitely needs reps. NC State was eating us alive on that right side.

cu_tigers3n8

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tajh just needs to relax in clutch situations and big moments. I think the Heisman hype has gone to his fucking head. We should wax our next three opponents, Wake, Syracuse, and BC. I would say we need everyone to get reps. If there are any injuries, we will be relying on some young guys to step in. The right side of that Oline definitely needs reps. NC State was eating us alive on that right side.

I agree with the younger guys getting reps in the case of injuries, but the starters need all the reps they can get. Even if it's Stoud throwing to Watikins and Bryant.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea of Stoudt getting some time. I think that kids really good. Not a running threat but a damn good QB in the pocket.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like him
nothing but upside
I Don't know about his pass protection though. Will have to pay more attention. But he has good hands and runs hard. That catch against UGA was sweet.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wish Martavis Bryant would step up in big game moments and not just against SC State. We need that guy to be great if we are going to be potent on offense. Although Germaine Hopper has stepped up his game. He looks real good.

cu_tigers3n8

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wish Martavis Bryant would step up in big game moments and not just against SC State. We need that guy to be great if we are going to be potent on offense. Although Germaine Hopper has stepped up his game. He looks real good.

I agree, but we have the receivers and again we have 3 games to find them.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You got your wish Thursday; he caught two TDs

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should hang 60 pts this week. Wake could be the worst team we play all year, with the exception of the Citadel. :L

Best case scenario is the starters play 2-3 quarters and we continue to build our depth. The defense is improved from last year; it's comforting to know they're capable of stepping up when the offense isn't playing lights out.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let's see, for the Wake game, Battle is out for being a dumbass and throwing a punch towards the end of the game, Bryant is out for being a dumbass because he made the throat slashing motion after scoring a TD against NC State (really Martavis? You haven't shown that much), and Carlos Watkins is out after having a car wreck. Seems like there were a few others; someone had a torn ACL and some else had a concussion. Did I miss anything?

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got your wish Thursday; he caught two TDs

true. Still not catching the ball with his hands though. He still let's the ball get into his body. His blocking isn't up to par either. He doesn't sell his route on running plays. He half asses it too much for me.