• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NFC Championship Game

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a temporary sedative to numb the pain of today's playoff loss

It's crazy rewatching this 2013 team and seeing how stacked our defense was. We had Bennett, Avril, and Clemons as pass rushers. Red Bryant, Brandon Mebane, and Tony Mcdaniel in the middle. Wagner, KJ, Irvin, and Smith at LB. And Sherman, Earl, Kam, Maxwell, and Lane in the secondary.

Our backups were all starters or borderline pro bowl players. The depth on this team was insane.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm seriously considering watching Super Bowl XLVIII on youtube in the morning.

Something I was thinking about as the Seahawks game was winding down was that the Georgia Dome was not a very good place to play for Seattle-based football teams in the playoffs this season. First the Huskies and now the Seahawks. I'm kinda glad they're tearing it down.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm seriously considering watching Super Bowl XLVIII on youtube in the morning.

Something I was thinking about as the Seahawks game was winding down was that the Georgia Dome was not a very good place to play for Seattle-based football teams in the playoffs this season. First the Huskies and now the Seahawks. I'm kinda glad they're tearing it down.

This NFL channel on Youtube is awesome. They have like 70 something classic games, signature performances, Superbowl games, etc. in its entirety.

I've downloaded all the key Seahawk games they've uploaded in case they take them off someday. I'd recommend doing the same too. They have the 2012 Divisional game, 2013 NFC Championship, 2014 NFC Championship and Superbowl 48 and 49.

They also have some great games like when Calvin Johnson went for 329 yards, Elway's first Superbowl, Music City Miracle game, etc.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a temporary sedative to numb the pain of today's playoff loss

It's crazy rewatching this 2013 team and seeing how stacked our defense was. We had Bennett, Avril, and Clemons as pass rushers. Red Bryant, Brandon Mebane, and Tony Mcdaniel in the middle. Wagner, KJ, Irvin, and Smith at LB. And Sherman, Earl, Kam, Maxwell, and Lane in the secondary.

Our backups were all starters or borderline pro bowl players. The depth on this team was insane.

Our defense was ridiculously good... I also like the way coach Quinn didn't try anything cute, just line up cover 3 and beat us if you can ... We didn't even disguise anything, offenses knew what we were running and they still couldn't do anything about it...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I think about that 2013 Hawks team, the big thing the team got away from was the D-Line and the O-Line. Okung had a solid year (yes Mr. Glass Ankles), Unger was all pro and I must say Britt played great this season. We also had a pretty nasty right side for the run. Our O-Line this year was pitiful and while Britt played good, he wasn't an all pro.

On the D-Line, yes we had Clemons/Avril/Bennett. That's really no different than Clark/Avril/Bennett... what we DID have was a VERY decent inside group with Mebane, McDaniel, and McDonald who could all generate some GREAT up front pressure in the DT position on passing downs.

We've really lacked both. The O-Line is obvious but the interior D-Line is a GLARING issue IMO. Often times Avril/Bennett are beating both tackles towards the back but our interior D-Line gets absolutely DOMINATED by the C-G and QBs just step up and abuse the lack of interior pass rush.

Looks like we may lose a 2nd round pick now... but I was all for O/D-Line #1 and #2 picks. Just whiffed big time on Ifedi and Reed from the looks of it... Reed was a little bit of a non factor and Ifedi was overall terrible. Hopefully both develop BIG time this offseason.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The O-Line is obvious but the interior D-Line is a GLARING issue IMO.
Seahawks drafted a player last year they feel can fill this position, Quinton Jefferson. Unfortunately he got injured, that kind of a year. Jefferson will be penciled in for that duty next year.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks drafted a player last year they feel can fill this position, Quinton Jefferson. Unfortunately he got injured, that kind of a year. Jefferson will be penciled in for that duty next year.

Fair Harold. Our lines got a little rocked this year. I don't think anybody on the coaching staff was expecting to start Fant at LT. Still, I wouldn't mind building on those lines a bit more. I think it's the real weak part of this team (moreso on D-Line than I feel a lot of people think).

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair Harold. Our lines got a little rocked this year. I don't think anybody on the coaching staff was expecting to start Fant at LT. Still, I wouldn't mind building on those lines a bit more. I think it's the real weak part of this team (moreso on D-Line than I feel a lot of people think).
TBH not sure what the plan was for the OL. Pretty damn sure that originally it didn't include Fant. Mostly feel they wanted to rebuild the OL thru the draft and Ifedi, Glowinski, Britt were the foundation. Think they were counting on Gilliam also, but he flunked out this season. Be interesting to see if he gets resigned, after seeing Britt find himself I'm not ready to write Gilliam off yet.

Bottom line is once your fairly successful, it gets harder. Cap space gets used up resigning players and draft position is near the end so you get the left overs or over looked players. Just the way it is.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TBH not sure what the plan was for the OL. Pretty damn sure that originally it didn't include Fant. Mostly feel they wanted to rebuild the OL thru the draft and Ifedi, Glowinski, Britt were the foundation. Think they were counting on Gilliam also, but he flunked out this season. Be interesting to see if he gets resigned, after seeing Britt find himself I'm not ready to write Gilliam off yet.

Bottom line is once your fairly successful, it gets harder. Cap space gets used up resigning players and draft position is near the end so you get the left overs or over looked players. Just the way it is.

Can't disagree with much of that. You cemented it.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another Ifedi sucks post.

No he wasn't an allstar out of the gate.

I was pretty encouraged about his potential though, ESPECIALLY given that he didn't play with his hand on the ground at all in college.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I think about that 2013 Hawks team, the big thing the team got away from was the D-Line and the O-Line. Okung had a solid year (yes Mr. Glass Ankles), Unger was all pro and I must say Britt played great this season. We also had a pretty nasty right side for the run. Our O-Line this year was pitiful and while Britt played good, he wasn't an all pro.

On the D-Line, yes we had Clemons/Avril/Bennett. That's really no different than Clark/Avril/Bennett... what we DID have was a VERY decent inside group with Mebane, McDaniel, and McDonald who could all generate some GREAT up front pressure in the DT position on passing downs.

We've really lacked both. The O-Line is obvious but the interior D-Line is a GLARING issue IMO. Often times Avril/Bennett are beating both tackles towards the back but our interior D-Line gets absolutely DOMINATED by the C-G and QBs just step up and abuse the lack of interior pass rush.

Looks like we may lose a 2nd round pick now... but I was all for O/D-Line #1 and #2 picks. Just whiffed big time on Ifedi and Reed from the looks of it... Reed was a little bit of a non factor and Ifedi was overall terrible. Hopefully both develop BIG time this offseason.

Okung was good when healthy, but he missed 8 games (maybe more, he was their IR-return player that year). Britt came aboard in 2014, Breno was the RT that year.

As for DLine interior push, McDonald was the only one of hose 3 to provide any of that.

As much as I want the OLine improved, I'm not sure the draft is going to help us much there, certainly not at tackle.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another Ifedi sucks post.

No he wasn't an allstar out of the gate.

I was pretty encouraged about his potential though, ESPECIALLY given that he didn't play with his hand on the ground at all in college.
Although Ifedi didn't perform like a 1st rounder this year, he definitely wasn't terrible. We all saw what happened when he came out of the Falcons game. His backup gave up a drive killing sack and then stepped on Wilson's foot for a safety in the span of a few plays. That's terrible.

Ifedi can be a solid starter moving forward IMO.