• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Clemson Recruiting Thread

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
486150_512674955433130_281913456_n.jpg

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did y'all just lose two wide receivers?

yea, the Jenkins kid and Demarcus Robinson flipped and decided on UF.

Ryan Jenkins just sent a text message that he is de-committing from Clemson and accepting an offer from Tennessee. This is disappointing and will really hurt our recruitment of Carl Lawson. Ryan really wanted an offer from Alabama over the summer and when that didn't come he opted for Clemson. His brother Martin Jenkins is here and has done well and Ryan was very familiar with Clemson (about as familiar as one can get). I know Martin is torn up about this.

This is all about Ryan's dad playing at Tennessee and a childhood connection to UT. His dad is very happy for him but I can't understand the logic here. Perhaps Jenkins knows how close Chad Morris was to leaving and is thinking that after an almost guaranteed redshirt year. he would be stuck with Jeff Scott learning on the job. I wouldn't want that for my son either. SEC schools are just hammering us on this point and the staff better be more prepared for it, along with the fans, because it is not going away and will be worse next year.

DeMarcus Robinson is going to be a Gator. This is after saying at the Army All-American game on film that Clemson leaded and telling the staff the same that night. He even had us out ahead on Sunday. The coaching staff pushed for Robinson to be on campus Monday but Mom wouldn't allow it. She was driving back from San Antonio and now Robinson has switched back to UF. The coaching staff did a great job here of battling through this process. It has been a day by day sort of thing with Clemson ending up on the outside looking in. We will miss Robinson's ability but not this level of drama. Bud didn't want to tell anyone 'no' so it's unclear what the final motivation for picking UF really turned out to be.

His coach was pushing him to Clemson because he genuinely felt like Clemson would provide Bud the support and help he needed to excel. Robinson will be great on the field wherever he goes, but there is legitimate concern that UF doesn't have the support system in place to help off the field, at least to the level of attention at Clemson. Crazy ride.

Ryan Jenkins De-commits, DeMarcus Robinson Headed to Florida - Shakin The Southland

Spruce Moose

Cromulent Sophisticate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There will be quite a few recruits in town this weekend. I really hope we can get Crowder, he's supposedly leaning in our direction.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to get Crowder and Mackensie Alexander. If we could somehow get Lawson to flip from Auburn it would be a huge get as well. Honestly, as long as we can get some help in defensive backfield and add another OL prospect, this class should be fairly well rounded.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is realistic to believe, that in the end, we could land Adams, Alexander, AND Lawson? This could be a huge boost in talent on the D side of the ball.

Spruce Moose

Cromulent Sophisticate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crowder's mother is ill, so they had to postpone his visit until next weekend so she could attend.

They had the stadium lit up last night, obvious sign that the football team has guests in town.

Spruce Moose

Cromulent Sophisticate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is realistic to believe, that in the end, we could land Adams, Alexander, AND Lawson? This could be a huge boost in talent on the D side of the ball.

Landing all 3 is unrealistic, landing 2 is not likely, but landing one seems like a possibility. I think our best shot lies with Alexander.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't understand for the life of me what Lawson sees in Auburn; same with Nkemdiche and Ole Miss. A&M, Bama, and LSU are going to dominate the West for the next four-five years, so unless they're getting the sCam Newton treatment, why go and play for perennial losers and also-rans?

Spruce Moose

Cromulent Sophisticate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't understand for the life of me what Lawson sees in Auburn; same with Nkemdiche and Ole Miss. A&M, Bama, and LSU are going to dominate the West for the next four-five years, so unless they're getting the sCam Newton treatment, why go and play for perennial losers and also-rans?

I'm pretty sure Lawson is from Auburn. Having your favorite team heavily recruit you would be hard to turn down.

I'm not going to say that there's anything dirty going on at Ole Miss, but there's definitely something dirty going on at Ole Miss.

Spruce Moose

Cromulent Sophisticate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you guys know we have a jumbotron in the indoor practice facility? One of the recruits tweeted this pic:

671703605cfb11e2912322000a1f933e_7.jpg

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure Lawson is from Auburn. Having your favorite team heavily recruit you would be hard to turn down.

I'm not going to say that there's anything dirty going on at Ole Miss, but there's definitely something dirty going on at Ole Miss.

:nod:

I guess if Lawson wants to win ~ 20 games in four years he should stick with Auburn; otherwise he's making an "interesting" choice.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn you Edisto!!! You scooped my article; nicely done. Would be very, very interesting if he commits. Be exciting to see the competition between Stoudt, Kelly, and Woulard.

Spruce Moose

Cromulent Sophisticate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's Shaq Lawson, a commit from last year's class who had to go Hargrave Military to qualify academically. He went to my old high school, so did Hopkins.

Carl Lawson is the #2 rated DE from Alabama.

:L

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's Shaq Lawson, a commit from last year's class who had to go Hargrave Military to qualify academically. He went to my old high school, so did Hopkins.

Carl Lawson is the #2 rated DE from Alabama.

Carl Lawson is from Alpharetta GA guise

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 recruits in town this weekend.

OG Tyrone Crowder
WR James Clark
WR Kyrin Priester