• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 preseason Top 25 (really?)

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:dance:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you say that? Key personnel losses? Or just Pelini's coaching?

They're just not a physical team like I grew up watching. They also don't have the same discipline.

I could give them 15-20 I guess.

Maybe they just need a class of leaders to get things going in the right direction, but I don't see Top 15 on any kind of consistent basis.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're just not a physical team like I grew up watching. They also don't have the same discipline.

I could give them 15-20 I guess.

Maybe they just need a class of leaders to get things going in the right direction, but I don't see Top 15 on any kind of consistent basis.

All the Husker fans I know are very disenchanted with Pelini. I'm hearing the same grumblings I heard about Solich. Granted, this is a very small group of fans, but they're passionate.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we get Al Borges or Kerwin Bell as OC, we'll be top 5 for sure.

notsureifserious.gif

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the Husker fans I know are very disenchanted with Pelini. I'm hearing the same grumblings I heard about Solich. Granted, this is a very small group of fans, but they're passionate.

Very very few.

It would get loud if he were to go 7-5 or less

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It's as valid as any other pre-Season Poll. They are all crap.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. USC- this team is clearly dangerous they got a lot of talent, people assumed they would leave for the draft but that doesn't seem to be the case, remember these players toughed it out through the sanctions they may see this season as the reward
2. Georgia- this team looks to be the best in the SEC, they have both a good offense and good defense.
3. LSU- starting a new QB that really hasn't played much will be trouble plus they will lose some people
4. Oregon- they return some players, concern will be that the players never really bought in this last year.
5. Kansas State- they return a lot of people only concern is losing 5 starters on defense.
6. TCU- they return a lot of players from a team that ended the year very strong, Tank Carder will be a loss but TCU is deep at linebacker.
7. South Carolina- Connor Shaw ended the year very strong that and the return of Lattimore will make this offense great, they will lose a few people on defense though.
8. Clemson
9. Wisconsin
10. Alabama
11. Ohio State- I find it tough to rank a team that went 6-6 this high, but if any 6-6 team ever deserves to be this high it's them, Meyer is a major upgrade at head coach and at times this year this team showed it has talent.
12. Boise State- the players we lose takes away a lot of expectations for this year, I'm alright with that
13. Michigan State- the offense is going to be a major issue, they lose their two biggest parts
14. Oklahoma- after a disappointing year this year, their expectations can't be high for next year, especially with them possibly losing some of their best offensive and defensive players, bad news is one of those might not be Landry Jones, if he leaves it might be addition from subtraction for Oklahoma.
15 Virginia Tech
16. Arkansas- Tyler Wilson will be a year more experienced and getting Knile Davis back is a plus, but they will lose some of their best recievers which will hurt.
17. Nebraska- their offense will have issues with some lost starters on the line but other than that their offense should be good, their defense has to improve.
18. Texas- this team can be dangerous if they solve their quarterback issues.
19. Washington- this team will be pretty good, they have a big early test against LSU.
20. Baylor
21. Stanford- Andrew Luck is probably gone, but this team won't fall completely, they have been bringing in lots of talent, whoever their new QB is will get a great chance to ajust to playing in college football because their OOC schedule is simple.
22. Florida State- they don't lose much from this year's team but they weren't that good this year, top 10 is crazy right now for them I can't believe people have them there, especially after this last year.
23. Michigan- the losses on the line aren't going to give Robinson holes to run through which is going to hurt their offense a lot, more than the media wants to think about.
24. Utah- getting Jordan Wynn back is huge for this team, if he can stay healthy their offense will be much better, if it is better this team will be a factor in the Pac-12 because they're one of the few in the conference that has a defense.
25. Arkansas State- why not?? this team returns just about every good player from a 10 win team(maybe even 11 wins) this ranking is assuming they hire a good coach.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. USC- this team is clearly dangerous they got a lot of talent, people assumed they would leave for the draft but that doesn't seem to be the case, remember these players toughed it out through the sanctions they may see this season as the reward
2. Georgia- this team looks to be the best in the SEC, they have both a good offense and good defense.
3. LSU- starting a new QB that really hasn't played much will be trouble plus they will lose some people
4. Oregon- they return some players, concern will be that the players never really bought in this last year.
5. Kansas State- they return a lot of people only concern is losing 5 starters on defense.
6. TCU- they return a lot of players from a team that ended the year very strong, Tank Carder will be a loss but TCU is deep at linebacker.
7. South Carolina- Connor Shaw ended the year very strong that and the return of Lattimore will make this offense great, they will lose a few people on defense though.
8. Clemson
9. Wisconsin
10. Alabama
11. Ohio State- I find it tough to rank a team that went 6-6 this high, but if any 6-6 team ever deserves to be this high it's them, Meyer is a major upgrade at head coach and at times this year this team showed it has talent.
12. Boise State- the players we lose takes away a lot of expectations for this year, I'm alright with that
13. Michigan State- the offense is going to be a major issue, they lose their two biggest parts
14. Oklahoma- after a disappointing year this year, their expectations can't be high for next year, especially with them possibly losing some of their best offensive and defensive players, bad news is one of those might not be Landry Jones, if he leaves it might be addition from subtraction for Oklahoma.
15 Virginia Tech
16. Arkansas- Tyler Wilson will be a year more experienced and getting Knile Davis back is a plus, but they will lose some of their best recievers which will hurt.
17. Nebraska- their offense will have issues with some lost starters on the line but other than that their offense should be good, their defense has to improve.
18. Texas- this team can be dangerous if they solve their quarterback issues.
19. Washington- this team will be pretty good, they have a big early test against LSU.
20. Baylor
21. Stanford- Andrew Luck is probably gone, but this team won't fall completely, they have been bringing in lots of talent, whoever their new QB is will get a great chance to ajust to playing in college football because their OOC schedule is simple.
22. Florida State- they don't lose much from this year's team but they weren't that good this year, top 10 is crazy right now for them I can't believe people have them there, especially after this last year.
23. Michigan- the losses on the line aren't going to give Robinson holes to run through which is going to hurt their offense a lot, more than the media wants to think about.
24. Utah- getting Jordan Wynn back is huge for this team, if he can stay healthy their offense will be much better, if it is better this team will be a factor in the Pac-12 because they're one of the few in the conference that has a defense.
25. Arkansas State- why not?? this team returns just about every good player from a 10 win team(maybe even 11 wins) this ranking is assuming they hire a good coach.

changed them up again and dropped Virginia Tech

also dropped Baylor because since Griffin won the Heisman he is less likely to come back now

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
What? UGA at #5. A true upset. Breaking their streak of Pre Season NCs.

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. LSU
2. Georgia
3. Michigan
4. Alabama
5. Oregon
6. Oklahoma State
7. Wisconsin
8. Clemson
9. Virginia Tech
10. Oklahoma

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mett is the real deal, LSU is going to be sick good next year.