• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 Australian Open

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, this is underway...

Novak Djokovic has to be the favorite. He should be well rested from his late season struggles, and he has the most complete game out of anybody.

Federer should be second favorite. He was the best player towards the end of last season. When his serve works, he is practically unbeatable. He just needs to serve in the 70%+ range in all of his big matches. He also needs to stop missing so many returns. Still, this looks like as good a shot as any for #17.

Maybe Nadal is revitalized, but he sure didn't look like it when he lost to Monfils. He's been leaving his slice relatively short most of the time, and his game has suffered. Don't be stunned if loses to Isner in the 4th or Berdych in the quarters.

Murray has never had the mental game to win a slam, and he never will. Expect a loss to Tsonga in the quarters.

The big hitters (Tsonga, Berdych, DelPo, Isner, Raonic) should all do well, while the veterans who have experience in the heat should also do well. I see a fair amount of chalk throughout the tourney.

My projections from the Quarters on:

Djokovic d. Ferrer in 4
Tsonga d. Murray in 3
Federer d. DelPo in 3
Berdych d. Nadal in 5

Djokovic d. Tsonga in 3
Federer d. Berdych in 4

Djokovic d. Federer in 4

I don't follow the women much, so i'll go with the obvious pick and assume Serena dominates the Aussie like she normally does.