• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2011 Offseason News & Talk Thread

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[YOUTUBE]McU-WISaooI[/YOUTUBE]

Disney Plorster

Taco Salad is not a salad
Hoopla Cash
$ 10.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what bowl game you guys will get this year. I put you guys in the Capital 1 Bowl against Wisconsin. I couldn't guess who would win that one, but it would be a good matchup.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm shooting for more like the Sugar Bowl or the NCG.

Not really expecting it, but it's the offseason.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a VIP account, but it looks like 2011 recruit who has never played college ball, let alone in the SEC, is guaranteeing a NC by the "Dream Team"...

No Access

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 Dawgs were named to the "Pony Express Award" watch list. This is the awards inaugural season. Drew Butler & Blair Walsh as well as, Ben Jones & Cordy Glenn.

The two Bulldog combinations, which consist of four seniors, are among the 48 tandems included on the Watch List for the inaugural award. The award, started by SMU's legendary Pony Express backfield of Craig James and Eric Dickerson, will look at two- and three-player tandems from across the nation, ultimately honoring the combination whose work ethic, desire, on- and off-field leadership and playmaking ability best fuel their team.

Two Pairs Of Georgia Teammates Named To Pony Express Award Watch List - The University of Georgia Bulldogs

Natureboy809

In search of a new e-home
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately they are all on offense or special teams. We don't have a single guy on the first or second team and I am not sure if any deserve it to this point

I think Brandon Boykin should have been on there, but the rest of the defense is young and/or not proven (i.e. John Jenkins, Jarvis Jones).

A lot of people are expecting big things out of our D-line & LBs, but it's just conjecture at this point. I atleast expect a better D than last year, and our D wasn't bad last year, besides some missed tackles, undrsized D-line and late game fatigue and I think all of those issues have been dealt with.

Natureboy809

In search of a new e-home
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Brandon Boykin should have been on there, but the rest of the defense is young and/or not proven (i.e. John Jenkins, Jarvis Jones).

A lot of people are expecting big things out of our D-line & LBs, but it's just conjecture at this point. I atleast expect a better D than last year, and our D wasn't bad last year, besides some missed tackles, undrsized D-line and late game fatigue and I think all of those issues have been dealt with.

I think our d will be better too. I still would not call them "good" last year. Florida couldn't do anything on offense against most teams and hung 34 on us. Auburn scored at will. (I don't buy the crap about an offense being too good to stop either- a good defense will stop a good offense; every Sunday 32 teams play whose offenses are MUCH better than any CFB offense, and they're not scoring 50-60 points in a game.)
But, IMO, our two biggest problems last year on D were:
#1) An undersized DL
#2) Terrible safety play

We have addressed #1. Hopefully experience and/or Corey Moore can address #2 (and I hate counting on freshman)

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, safety is a position with a big "?".

The D-line got pushed around a lot last year.

Some of the DBs got burned with blown coverage last year.

We had nearly zero pass rush.

I think the D-line & LBs have the chance to be really good this year.

Now, the defensive backfield... I don't know. It helps a lot getting Boykin back, he could have bailed for the NFL. He's a Damn Good Dawg. I hope Branden Smith will be much better & he should be improved. The rest of the guys I just don't know about.