• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"2004 Pistons would beat the current Warriors"

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always find it interesting when people bitch about "superteams", but then say they couldn't handle teams of the past.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sheed and Green are very different players and both excellent. Not saying one is better than the other because it is very close.

As for Sheed getting in Green's head? I am sure that is true, but Sheed was not exactly a model of self control. Those two would be at each other constantly and I am guessing neither would be at their best.
Sheed may have lacked self control, but it was with refs, other players didn't get to him. But he sure got in other's head with his trash talk.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you joking? I think maybe, but I am not sure.

I find quotes like these really funny. It is easy for retired players to sit back and say "my team would have beat them." Bottom line, it is an unprovable comment so it is a pointless thing to say. Still though, just because a team can guard 1-5 does not automatically make them better than GS. GS has ridiculous offensive fire power and they can guard a bit themselves too.

In fact, while those Pistons might match up okay defensively, I would go so far as to say they do not matchup well offensively. Their only real 1 on 1 matchup where they have a scorer matched up on a non-elite defender would be whichever of the guards Curry defended.
No offense my friend, but I'm not even going to read your posts on the Warriors. They're that ridiculous to me.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense my friend, but I'm not even going to read your posts on the Warriors. They're that ridiculous to me.

Why? Because I think they are going to be great?

It is far more ridiculous to think they can't be. Nothing is for sure yet, but their ceiling is higher than any team I have seen in the last 20 years.

The '04 Pistons were a good team, but they were far from great. They matched up well with the Lakers and beat them.

These Warriors have a chance to be among the greatest teams ever. The '04 Pistons aren't anywhere near that conversation.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they beat Shaq-Kobe team which I think is one of the most dominant teams ever. They were able to shut down Kobe, and it was just Shaq who was carrying the Lakers that time. With the Warriors not having a legit big, I don't think they have any problem with it.

Ummm....no. The Pistons were lucky that they faced a Lakers team that had so many internal problems that were well documented with Kobe and Shaq. That series was the mere definition of a team beating themselves.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is far more ridiculous to think they can't be. Nothing is for sure yet, but their ceiling is higher than any team I have seen in the last 20 years.

The '04 Pistons were a good team, but they were far from great. They matched up well with the Lakers and beat them.

These Warriors have a chance to be among the greatest teams ever. The '04 Pistons aren't anywhere near that conversation.
Because you aren't interested in anyone else point of view on them.

When they signed Durant you made up your mind that your opinion was the correct one. After your reply of "this is why you're wrong..." To me back then, I decided Id rather not discuss the topic with you. As it's pointless.

I meant the no disrespect part. And the not discussing the Warriors part even more.

llemon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, if Kidd wasn't playing hurt, Pistons wouldn't have beat the Nets that year.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every retired player will say that they would beat the Warriors. Heck, even Stephen Jackson said the 2007 We Believe Warriors would beat the Warriors. It's all meaningless and you can't give much credence to what these retired players say. I'm sure Carl Lewis would also say that he'd beat the top sprinters of today. The reality is that sports and athletes evolve.

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You think they'd be challenging the 95-96 Bulls as the "Best NBA team ever assembled" ?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think they'd be challenging the 95-96 Bulls as the "Best NBA team ever assembled" ?

I am not anointing them until they win rings, but when a 73 win team adds a top 3 player, it would be awfully foolish to dismiss their potential.