• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2 Grievances Against Bengals

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kindly disagree.

The difference between kneeling against the flag, and standing up for oppression in a manner that does not, in some eyes, disrespect the flag is night and day in these instances.

I don't see this working out well for them, and so far that stance has been correct. I don't see that changing over time.

Kindly disagree as well. :)

But look back at the incident I mentioned... Folks were up in arms that the black power symbol was a major disrespect to the normal tradition of putting the hand over the heart during the anthem. It was a very similar incident.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait.....Cincygrad is a Democrat?

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kindly disagree as well. :)

But look back at the incident I mentioned... Folks were up in arms that the black power symbol was a major disrespect to the normal tradition of putting the hand over the heart during the anthem. It was a very similar incident.

I'll agree that people were up in arms. I think we just disagree about the severity of why they were upset. To me, the wilful act of kneeling "against the flag" isn't going to be forgotten anytime soon.

I'll agree history looks more favorably on the Olympic athletes now as time has passed, but again I believe that is more due to protesting their rights in a manner that did not disrespect a national image, nor history/past of the American people. That is not quite the same thing as some of these athletes kneeling against the flag.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it represents the best of this country. It also represents the worst of this country. The flag and the anthem are a symbol. They can represent any of the ideals that America represents.

If someone believes there is a gap in those ideals, if they believe that those ideals are not available to every person living under that flag, why shouldn't they be able to say "I want a change" or "I want this symbol to better represent everyone"

Yes, there are those who believe the flag represents JUST the military and see it as a logo for a sports team who is pretty good at winning wars, but I do not agree with them. A flag represents a lot more than just the lives lost or the sacrifices made for the good of the rest of the country.

And look at what some of those kneeling have done. Look at what some of the NFL's biggest bnd brightest stars have done for those who are living in poverty or with wants. They have done a ton.

yet, they still believe there is a bigger injustice being done and they want to make their voices heard. That is what kneeling is all about. Awareness.

Oh shut the fuck up, you faggot. Wake up and see reality for what it is, already. My God.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently there are still people bitter about players kneeling for the anthem.

oh, it's kinda dumb. but if I knelt for the anthem at my job I'd be fired pretty quick. These guys have a little more rope because they can afford some high priced attorneys. NFL football is such a strange sport. It's part entertainment, part sport, a good way to get seriously injured for life. Can't say I blame these people for trying to get fired, yet still get paid.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh, it's kinda dumb. but if I knelt for the anthem at my job I'd be fired pretty quick. These guys have a little more rope because they can afford some high priced attorneys. NFL football is such a strange sport. It's part entertainment, part sport, a good way to get seriously injured for life. Can't say I blame these people for trying to get fired, yet still get paid.
are you active military? If so, that is really the only time I can see someone being fired for kneeling for the anthem...

if i got fired for that sort of thing, I am pretty sure I would be able to take them to court and win. I am sure I would also get my ass kicked if I did it at a company function and they played the anthem for some super strange reason.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently there are still people bitter about players kneeling for the anthem.

I don't think anyone on this board is bitter. But, it seems that the players are upset that they chose an action that now has consequences and they don't want to face the reality.

They have every right to kneel in protest, and teams have every right to not hire them.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone on this board is bitter. But, it seems that the players are upset that they chose an action that now has consequences and they don't want to face the reality.

They have every right to kneel in protest, and teams have every right to not hire them.
stupid reason not to hire someone, IMO. Even more stupid to say "I'm not going to watch NFL games anymore" because of it.

Send them to the Eagles. We will gladly take in the top level talent you don't want because they kneel.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stupid reason not to hire someone, IMO. Even more stupid to say "I'm not going to watch NFL games anymore" because of it.

Send them to the Eagles. We will gladly take in the top level talent you don't want because they kneel.

It might be a stupid reason to you, but then again you are not in charge of a multi-billion dollar enterprise, where negative of any kind can derail your product. We can agree or disagree on if we would hire, not hire, anyone, but the bottom line is that we have to understand the positions (at least) of why anyone decides what they do. Doesn't mean you like it, or would do it yourself, but you have to at least understand their side of the story.

In my opinion, it comes down to if the players are worth it. There is a reason CK isn't in the NFL, he simply isn't a starting QB, and if you are going to be a backup, then teams probably don't want to deal with that distraction. Eric Reid has only gotten one interview since he was released/contract expired and that was from Cincinnati. Again, his play isn't worth the distraction. It's not just about the kneeling, but the circus parade that comes with it. As a team, you have to decide if the talent level is worth the hassle. You see it all the time in other areas of the NFL with player discipline, and violence, accused of abuse, drugs, etc...etc...Those who have the talent, the team holds off and defend. Those who don't are summarily dismissed.

As for not watching the NFL...my guess is many were already waning in their viewership (and the statistics over the past years prior to kneeling back this up). It probably was just the last straw that pushed them off the sofa.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might be a stupid reason to you, but then again you are not in charge of a multi-billion dollar enterprise, where negative of any kind can derail your product. We can agree or disagree on if we would hire, not hire, anyone, but the bottom line is that we have to understand the positions (at least) of why anyone decides what they do. Doesn't mean you like it, or would do it yourself, but you have to at least understand their side of the story.

In my opinion, it comes down to if the players are worth it. There is a reason CK isn't in the NFL, he simply isn't a starting QB, and if you are going to be a backup, then teams probably don't want to deal with that distraction. Eric Reid has only gotten one interview since he was released/contract expired and that was from Cincinnati. Again, his play isn't worth the distraction. It's not just about the kneeling, but the circus parade that comes with it. As a team, you have to decide if the talent level is worth the hassle. You see it all the time in other areas of the NFL with player discipline, and violence, accused of abuse, drugs, etc...etc...Those who have the talent, the team holds off and defend. Those who don't are summarily dismissed.

As for not watching the NFL...my guess is many were already waning in their viewership (and the statistics over the past years prior to kneeling back this up). It probably was just the last straw that pushed them off the sofa.

Evidently you haven't been watching some of the quarterbacks and safeties employed in this league.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait.....Cincygrad is a Democrat?

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I'm not very political. I think its funny that the party that calls everyone snowflakes and cries about the constitution gets their panties in a bunch when someone actually practices their rights.

I get the whole 'owners protecting their product stuff' but the common man that gets unhinged about a black athlete kneeling during the anthem is pretty sad. Particularly given the fact that they don't care about all the other shit that goes on.

Reactions: ill

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not very political. I think its funny that the party that calls everyone snowflakes and cries about the constitution gets their panties in a bunch when someone actually practices their rights.

I get the whole 'owners protecting their product stuff' but the common man that gets unhinged about a black athlete kneeling during the anthem is pretty sad. Particularly given the fact that they don't care about all the other shit that goes on.

Who says they don't? How do you think Trump became president. People were hoping that things needed a shake up to make things change. I think Trump being president is pretty evident that people are not okay with the status quo.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evidently you haven't been watching some of the quarterbacks and safeties employed in this league.

I have, and you are correct that CK is better than a lot of those backups. You, however, are missing the point. They don't come with the baggage that CK does. Again, if you are a team that is bringing in a guy to only be a backup, you probably want as little distraction as possible. Is it worth having a circus parade around this issue, and your team, just because of the backup QB? Most teams will tell you no, and that is exactly how it has played out.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you active military? If so, that is really the only time I can see someone being fired for kneeling for the anthem...

if i got fired for that sort of thing, I am pretty sure I would be able to take them to court and win. I am sure I would also get my ass kicked if I did it at a company function and they played the anthem for some super strange reason.

it depends on the organization you work for.

too old for active military. the company I work for is kinda old school. you won't find them on the stock market.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are certain things you don’t disrespect. The flag is one of those things.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And fuck the NFL! It’s been a shit product for the last decade or so. The Bengals being halfway decent for half those years had me hanging on. They suck again.....so, fuck the NFL. I won’t go out of my way to watch that crap.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And fuck the NFL! It’s been a shit product for the last decade or so. The Bengals being halfway decent for half those years had me hanging on. They suck again.....so, fuck the NFL. I won’t go out of my way to watch that crap.

This is why ratings are down. People look for convenient excuses for why less people are watching. But turn on some random game on a Sunday. A game where you have no real rooting interest. Is it entertaining? Do people that don't play fantasy football find it interesting? I think I only watched a few regular season games last year that weren't completely disjointed shitshows.... Yes, it improves in the playoffs when only the good teams are playing. But the average and below average teams are hard to watch. Particularly when there is a commercial every 5 minutes.