• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2 Grievances Against Bengals

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals had no comment Monday on reports that the NFL Players Association has filed two grievances stemming from the National Anthem case. According to profootballtalk.com, the first one was filed for 49ers safety Eric Reid “against the Bengals and all clubs he may have spoken with.” PFT reported a few weeks ago that when Reid visited the Bengals a few weeks ago club president Mike Brown asked him if he plans to continue to demonstrate during the anthem and didn’t make him an offer. The Bengals picked Wake Forest safety.

Once again, I am at the point where this is a job and you do your job as your employers sees fit. If you do not want to do the job due to personal agenda, then you do not get hired. I am all for the open platform to allow people to protest equality among fellow humans. However, at your job during the middle of a game is not the place. My personal opinion, these idiots are too lazy to make a difference outside of an area where all eyes are not on them. It is easy as hell to take a knee, it is a lot harder to plan and coordinate something outside of work and do things on your own personal time. I agree with Mike Brown. If AJ Green decided he needed to do this crap during the anthem during work hours, I would say get rid of his ass too. However, I don't see AJ being as lazy as Reid and Kapernick, or any of these other idiots. The reason they are doing it, I agree with, and support it. The way they are doing it, I do not, and never will.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals had no comment Monday on reports that the NFL Players Association has filed two grievances stemming from the National Anthem case. According to profootballtalk.com, the first one was filed for 49ers safety Eric Reid “against the Bengals and all clubs he may have spoken with.” PFT reported a few weeks ago that when Reid visited the Bengals a few weeks ago club president Mike Brown asked him if he plans to continue to demonstrate during the anthem and didn’t make him an offer. The Bengals picked Wake Forest safety.

Once again, I am at the point where this is a job and you do your job as your employers sees fit. If you do not want to do the job due to personal agenda, then you do not get hired. I am all for the open platform to allow people to protest equality among fellow humans. However, at your job during the middle of a game is not the place. My personal opinion, these idiots are too lazy to make a difference outside of an area where all eyes are not on them. It is easy as hell to take a knee, it is a lot harder to plan and coordinate something outside of work and do things on your own personal time. I agree with Mike Brown. If AJ Green decided he needed to do this crap during the anthem during work hours, I would say get rid of his ass too. However, I don't see AJ being as lazy as Reid and Kapernick, or any of these other idiots. The reason they are doing it, I agree with, and support it. The way they are doing it, I do not, and never will.

Agreed.

The Bengals, or any NFL team for that matter, have every right to tell their employees to not take a knee, and have every right to fire, suspend, etc...if that employee does not follow the rules set forth by the boss.

I also agree that the taking a knee is lazy, and it creates more division than it does awareness. How much time has been wasted talking about the actual actions of players taking a knee versus the issues that these players wish to bring to light? When your message creates division, it distracts from the message you wish to share, and you have to change your method of communication.

Not to mention, most of these players are vastly uneducated on some of the issues they wish to talk about. By that I mean, as an example, CK talking about police brutality and "Black lives Matter" but doing so while wearing a Che Guavera shirt, a guy who executed people on the spot and was a full on Communist/Marxist who helped found the very "Police State"in Cuba that Colin, and others, would be trying to prevent against their own here in America.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that our organization is okay with guys that punch women and spit at officers, but not okay with someone staging a nonviolent protest that doesn't hurt anyone is pretty sad. That's just my opinion. Flog away.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that inconsistency seems to be uniform across the entire NFL

it's media attention they don't like. they could care less about behavior. You can be a saint who attracts unnecessary media attention with more playoff wins than Andy Dalton and you will be blacklisted out of the NFL.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that our organization is okay with guys that punch women and spit at officers, but not okay with someone staging a nonviolent protest that doesn't hurt anyone is pretty sad. That's just my opinion. Flog away.

What costs the organization and league more money?

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What costs the organization and league more money?

If players kneeling is costing the organization money (I'm skeptical) and players abusing women is not, than I am also embarrassed for our society.

I don't think declining numbers have much to do with kneeling.... I think they have more to do with rule changes, slow pace of games, horrible offensive lines and high prices for tickets and merchandise. The kneeling is just a convienent excuse used by our president to make a political point.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

The Bengals, or any NFL team for that matter, have every right to tell their employees to not take a knee, and have every right to fire, suspend, etc...if that employee does not follow the rules set forth by the boss.

I also agree that the taking a knee is lazy, and it creates more division than it does awareness. How much time has been wasted talking about the actual actions of players taking a knee versus the issues that these players wish to bring to light? When your message creates division, it distracts from the message you wish to share, and you have to change your method of communication.

Not to mention, most of these players are vastly uneducated on some of the issues they wish to talk about. By that I mean, as an example, CK talking about police brutality and "Black lives Matter" but doing so while wearing a Che Guavera shirt, a guy who executed people on the spot and was a full on Communist/Marxist who helped found the very "Police State"in Cuba that Colin, and others, would be trying to prevent against their own here in America.

They said the same stuff about the 'black power salute' in the 1968 olympics - Now considered one of the most famous pictures from the modern games. The athletes were completely rejected for their 'actions' and even forced out of the games. But, now they are celebrated for their actions and their contributions to the civil rights movement.

My guess is that history will look more fondly upon Colin Kaepernick than it will the owners that lived in fear of a peaceful protest.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They said the same stuff about the 'black power salute' in the 1968 olympics - Now considered one of the most famous pictures from the modern games. The athletes were completely rejected for their 'actions' and even forced out of the games. But, now they are celebrated for their actions and their contributions to the civil rights movement.

My guess is that history will look more fondly upon Colin Kaepernick than it will the owners that lived in fear of a peaceful protest.

I think a peaceful protest is fine, and most those peaceful protests do not occur at work, nor do they coincide with the honoring of our men and women who have sacrificed their lives to protect all citizens of this great country, both white and black.

Let me ask you a question, how do you think a Marine would fare if during a salute to the National Anthem and flag that he took a knee while in uniform while on a base to protest inequality? You think his Sargent wouldn't tear him a new one, have him do things he would not rather do, etc? If it was a white dude doing it, he would get dealt with just as swiftly. There are plenty of places in this country where inequality raises its ugly head and can and should be dealt with. However, the only real statement you are making with a national platform by doing this during the national anthem is just a slap in the face of the men and women who faithfully served this country.

In my area, I am friends with a lot of folks who attend my church, and I would say 75% of the people at my church who enjoyed NFL football stopped watching the game and no longer goes to NFL games due to the athletes taking a knee during the anthem. The other idiots beating women and getting in trouble should just be in jail. If they are not in jail, they can still be productive players even though some guys you want to distance yourself from, and as long as those guys don't start doing things to decrease attendance / interest in the brand, they have employment chances.

If someone starts affecting the bottom line of a business, then that person is no longer a solid contributor to the brand and should be fired or let go. Protest on your own time, not on my time.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So 3 out of every 4 people at your church stopped watching football?

And it was kneelers that did it for them?

If it were a 'effecting the bottom line' issue, there is an easy solution. Get back to having the anthem played while the players are in the locker room. It's how it used to be done. Problem solved. Owners are arrogant assholes so it will remain a problem.

As for disrespect, etc... There is nothing in the constitution that states that we need to blindly pay tribute to symbols of our country, when our country is letting us down. The freedom to dissent is one of the many freedoms we have acquired through fighting.

Reactions: ill

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a peaceful protest is fine, and most those peaceful protests do not occur at work, nor do they coincide with the honoring of our men and women who have sacrificed their lives to protect all citizens of this great country, both white and black.

Let me ask you a question, how do you think a Marine would fare if during a salute to the National Anthem and flag that he took a knee while in uniform while on a base to protest inequality? You think his Sargent wouldn't tear him a new one, have him do things he would not rather do, etc? If it was a white dude doing it, he would get dealt with just as swiftly. There are plenty of places in this country where inequality raises its ugly head and can and should be dealt with. However, the only real statement you are making with a national platform by doing this during the national anthem is just a slap in the face of the men and women who faithfully served this country.

In my area, I am friends with a lot of folks who attend my church, and I would say 75% of the people at my church who enjoyed NFL football stopped watching the game and no longer goes to NFL games due to the athletes taking a knee during the anthem. The other idiots beating women and getting in trouble should just be in jail. If they are not in jail, they can still be productive players even though some guys you want to distance yourself from, and as long as those guys don't start doing things to decrease attendance / interest in the brand, they have employment chances.

If someone starts affecting the bottom line of a business, then that person is no longer a solid contributor to the brand and should be fired or let go. Protest on your own time, not on my time.
worst take ever.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
worst take ever.

Worst take ever?

Way I see it, you want to bring good attention to something to try and make a change, don't do it while slapping other people in the face. Plain and simple. There are a lot of good men and women of all color that have served this country faithfully. Many have died to enforce our freedoms, including this "peaceful protest". Is it their right, sure. Should people all of a sudden say, "hey, he is kneeling during our anthem due to injustices in society. That is wonderful, lets all sing Kumbaya and hold hands." NO. There is absolutely nothing this form of protesting and action does to change this issue accept alienate those assholes even more. In the meantime, this action is dividing the country even more and slapping all our veterans in the face at the same time, who deserve to met with honor and respect.

Worst take ever? Get bent.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kindly disagree.

The difference between kneeling against the flag, and standing up for oppression in a manner that does not, in some eyes, disrespect the flag is night and day in these instances.

I don't see this working out well for them, and so far that stance has been correct. I don't see that changing over time.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
f

If it were a 'effecting the bottom line' issue, there is an easy solution. Get back to having the anthem played while the players are in the locker room. It's how it used to be done. Problem solved. Owners are arrogant assholes so it will remain a problem.

As for disrespect, etc... There is nothing in the constitution that states that we need to blindly pay tribute to symbols of our country, when our country is letting us down. The freedom to dissent is one of the many freedoms we have acquired through fighting.

Lots of peopled have stopped watching because of the kneeling. Not just because of that specifically, but because sports is a break from real life, politics, etc...and once that is being brought into the diversion that is sports, people get turned off.

Multiple polls and TV ratings have shown this is a problem that has had a major effect on already declining audience. Maybe it isn't the 100% first reason many walked away, but statistics are showing it could have been the straw that broke the back for many.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst take ever?

Way I see it, you want to bring good attention to something to try and make a change, don't do it while slapping other people in the face. Plain and simple. There are a lot of good men and women of all color that have served this country faithfully. Many have died to enforce our freedoms, including this "peaceful protest". Is it their right, sure. Should people all of a sudden say, "hey, he is kneeling during our anthem due to injustices in society. That is wonderful, lets all sing Kumbaya and hold hands." NO. There is absolutely nothing this form of protesting and action does to change this issue accept alienate those assholes even more. In the meantime, this action is dividing the country even more and slapping all our veterans in the face at the same time, who deserve to met with honor and respect.

Worst take ever? Get bent.
no one is being slapped in the face.

The flag represents what you feel it represents. it is a symbol that means different things to different people. It doesn't JUST represent the military. It represents freedom. It represents the country and the people in it. It doesn't represent Trump or any individual. It represents every person and how they are created equal and everyone has the rights given to them by God.

If they have a problem with how the country is protecting those rights and that belief, then why not protest the symbol?

Also, if it affects your viewing pleasure, then you are a moron.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They should, so these guys have no chance of disrespecting the men and women who fought and/or died for this country. I agree about having anthem while teams are in the locker room then to make it stop. However, it just makes this a bigger issue, because these same assholes would be the ones screaming that this is just another way for the man to hold them back. They are afraid of what their protest will cause, so what better way to shut them up, but force these players to stay in the locker room during the anthem.

They will start wearing crap on their equipment, will get fined, and start bitching about how the NFL is doing everything they can to hold back this acknowledgement of injustices even though it clearly states in the rule book about uniform requirements. Then I can sit back and watch these idiots get fines 10k, 20k for uniform infractions and think, damn, that money they just paid in a fine could have been used to help further their cause in the community instead of give it back to the NFL front offices.

The folks at church stopped watching the NFL due to lack of respect these millionaires who play a game show to the men and women of the armed forces and the sacrifices they made so they can do something as ignorant as this while living in houses that cost more than 20 of theirs put together.

You want to make a difference, get out in your community and do something about it, because taking a knee on the sideline of an NFL game will accomplish nothing except alienating that same population even more, and proving that "you against me attitude". How can their be healing and the change of injustices if it is always us against them type of attitudes?

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should, so these guys have no chance of disrespecting the men and women who fought and/or died for this country. I agree about having anthem while teams are in the locker room then to make it stop. However, it just makes this a bigger issue, because these same assholes would be the ones screaming that this is just another way for the man to hold them back. They are afraid of what their protest will cause, so what better way to shut them up, but force these players to stay in the locker room during the anthem.

They will start wearing crap on their equipment, will get fined, and start bitching about how the NFL is doing everything they can to hold back this acknowledgement of injustices even though it clearly states in the rule book about uniform requirements. Then I can sit back and watch these idiots get fines 10k, 20k for uniform infractions and think, damn, that money they just paid in a fine could have been used to help further their cause in the community instead of give it back to the NFL front offices.

The folks at church stopped watching the NFL due to lack of respect these millionaires who play a game show to the men and women of the armed forces and the sacrifices they made so they can do something as ignorant as this while living in houses that cost more than 20 of theirs put together.

You want to make a difference, get out in your community and do something about it, because taking a knee on the sideline of an NFL game will accomplish nothing except alienating that same population even more, and proving that "you against me attitude". How can their be healing and the change of injustices if it is always us against them type of attitudes?
I take it back

this is the worst take ever.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no one is being slapped in the face.

The flag represents what you feel it represents. it is a symbol that means different things to different people. It doesn't JUST represent the military. It represents freedom. It represents the country and the people in it. It doesn't represent Trump or any individual. It represents every person and how they are created equal and everyone has the rights given to them by God.

If they have a problem with how the country is protecting those rights and that belief, then why not protest the symbol?

Also, if it affects your viewing pleasure, then you are a moron.

I can agree with a piece of what you are saying, but to say this "symbol" doesn't represent the blood, sweat, tears that every man, woman or child has sacrificed in some way is ignorant. It represents the best of this country, just what you said in your post. So when you disrespect the "symbol" as they are doing, it is degrading the good of this country and that which was sacrificed for it and turning it into a boring piece of canvas with no meaning anymore. Because if you take away the good, all you are left with is the bad, and how can you heal as a country when all you have is the bad to focus on.

Once again, this form of protest does nothing to change the scenario of injustices, now does it? Has it done anything since this began a couple years ago accept make the country even more divided? This was occurring even before Trump took office. You want to protest, go protest in front of the white house, demand our president and our government officials make laws that create better opportunities and right these injustices. Nothing will change in the community based on one douchebag kneeling on the sideline during the national anthem except piss people off.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree with a piece of what you are saying, but to say this "symbol" doesn't represent the blood, sweat, tears that every man, woman or child has sacrificed in some way is ignorant. It represents the best of this country, just what you said in your post. So when you disrespect the "symbol" as they are doing, it is degrading the good of this country and that which was sacrificed for it and turning it into a boring piece of canvas with no meaning anymore. Because if you take away the good, all you are left with is the bad, and how can you heal as a country when all you have is the bad to focus on.

Once again, this form of protest does nothing to change the scenario of injustices, now does it? Has it done anything since this began a couple years ago accept make the country even more divided? This was occurring even before Trump took office. You want to protest, go protest in front of the white house, demand our president and our government officials make laws that create better opportunities and right these injustices. Nothing will change in the community based on one douchebag kneeling on the sideline during the national anthem except piss people off.
it represents the best of this country. It also represents the worst of this country. The flag and the anthem are a symbol. They can represent any of the ideals that America represents.

If someone believes there is a gap in those ideals, if they believe that those ideals are not available to every person living under that flag, why shouldn't they be able to say "I want a change" or "I want this symbol to better represent everyone"

Yes, there are those who believe the flag represents JUST the military and see it as a logo for a sports team who is pretty good at winning wars, but I do not agree with them. A flag represents a lot more than just the lives lost or the sacrifices made for the good of the rest of the country.

And look at what some of those kneeling have done. Look at what some of the NFL's biggest bnd brightest stars have done for those who are living in poverty or with wants. They have done a ton.

yet, they still believe there is a bigger injustice being done and they want to make their voices heard. That is what kneeling is all about. Awareness.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it represents the best of this country. It also represents the worst of this country. The flag and the anthem are a symbol. They can represent any of the ideals that America represents.

If someone believes there is a gap in those ideals, if they believe that those ideals are not available to every person living under that flag, why shouldn't they be able to say "I want a change" or "I want this symbol to better represent everyone"

Yes, there are those who believe the flag represents JUST the military and see it as a logo for a sports team who is pretty good at winning wars, but I do not agree with them. A flag represents a lot more than just the lives lost or the sacrifices made for the good of the rest of the country.

And look at what some of those kneeling have done. Look at what some of the NFL's biggest bnd brightest stars have done for those who are living in poverty or with wants. They have done a ton.

yet, they still believe there is a bigger injustice being done and they want to make their voices heard. That is what kneeling is all about. Awareness.

So get an awareness symbol for their cause, like Breast Cancer Association did! Make your own symbol, make it accessible to the masses in the way of commercials, car decals, put together community rallies. Use your symbol in relation to our countries symbol as a proud country united as one. Present two strong symbols side by side that mean something. Don't use a symbol of all that is good and the sacrifices made and tear it down.

Instead of lifting up, it is only being torn down. What these idiots should be doing is making their own symbol and holding it as high as they do their flag. Honor their country, bring their cause to light, inspire people and strengthen their brand instead of tearing another strong brand down that is so emotionally regarded as our flag.