• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2)Golden State Warriors vs 7)San Antonio Spurs

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what is exactly wrong with this? No team wants to get swept. When you know that the chances of your team winning the series was almost impossible, you will take not being swept.
Oh relax, goodness.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for the Spurs.

Would have been a shame to see them get swept after Pop's ordeal.
Yea, I guess they deserve a moral victory. But I think we can agree they've only prolonged the inevitable.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I guess they deserve a moral victory. But I think we can agree they've only prolonged the inevitable.
Everyone knows that. The fans deserve to be happy about this W, though. Always great to see Manu work his magic, and all the majority of us as fans wanted was at least 1 win this series. Everyone knows and knew the Warriors are gonna win this easily.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This idea that the SPURS are the worst team in the playoffs is ridiculous.
Who keeps bringing up that stupidity over and over on these playoff threads.

They are down their best player. They are down their hall of fame coach.
They are still a competitive team. They are better than at least 3 or 4 of the teams while equals with another 3 or 4.

Golden State has went 18-2 in their last 20 playoff games.
They are one Draymond Green bad decision from being the most dominant 3 year stretch in modern league history.

Give the Warriors credit for being a good team.

Paging @Montalban

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This idea that the SPURS are the worst team in the playoffs is ridiculous.
Who keeps bringing up that stupidity over and over on these playoff threads.

They are down their best player. They are down their hall of fame coach.
They are still a competitive team. They are better than at least 3 or 4 of the teams while equals with another 3 or 4.

Golden State has went 18-2 in their last 20 playoff games.
They are one Draymond Green bad decision from being the most dominant 3 year stretch in modern league history.

Give the Warriors credit for being a good team.
You'd be surprised.

They're definitely not the worst team this playoffs. Pretty bad, yeah, but at least they have a reason. They're better injured than a few teams are healthy this postseason.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd be surprised.

They're definitely not the worst team this playoffs. Pretty bad, yeah, but at least they have a reason. They're better injured than a few teams are healthy this postseason.

There's only one person who seems to think the Spurs are the worst team in the Playoffs.

I didn't get a chance to see the game yesterday, but I would imagine based on the score that the Spurs dictated the pace and controlled the game. The Spurs are a good team. You don't win that many games in a loaded West by accident. The outcome was bad for the Warriors. The "it gives Curry extra time" reason is just stupid. You put another games wear and tear on guys like KD, Klay and Draymond who have all been banged up this year just to get Curry, who's also injured, an extra day to recover? That just doesn't make sense to any logical person.

Good win for the Spurs, bad loss for the Warriors. The only consolation (and this could be a stretch) is that this reminds the Warriors that nothing is given. Come out focused and prepared, or lose.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's only one person who seems to think the Spurs are the worst team in the Playoffs.

I didn't get a chance to see the game yesterday, but I would imagine based on the score that the Spurs dictated the pace and controlled the game. The Spurs are a good team. You don't win that many games in a loaded West by accident. The outcome was bad for the Warriors. The "it gives Curry extra time" reason is just stupid. You put another games wear and tear on guys like KD, Klay and Draymond who have all been banged up this year just to get Curry, who's also injured, an extra day to recover? That just doesn't make sense to any logical person.

Good win for the Spurs, bad loss for the Warriors. The only consolation (and this could be a stretch) is that this reminds the Warriors that nothing is given. Come out focused and prepared, or lose.
The stats besides rebounding (61-34 Warriors advantage...yikes) were all pretty much in the Spurs favor and by looking at them, you'd expect a Spurs W. 16 turnovers to 8 for the Spurs, 15/28 from deep compared to 7/28 for the Warriors. Warriors had twice as many offensive boards and yet the Spurs had more 2nd Chance points.

Point is, we all know Montalban is a tool.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

who said that?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are saying there is no excuse for the Warriors' lackadaisical effort today? I thought the sooner both teams were ready, the sooner they started the next round.

There is no excuse for it. They should have tried to close out the series. Extra wear and tear on guys who were banged up like KD, Klay and Draymond doesn't make up for an extra day or two of Steph trying to make it back.

Reactions: LAD

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no excuse for it. They should have tried to close out the series. Extra wear and tear on guys who were banged up like KD, Klay and Draymond doesn't make up for an extra day or two of Steph trying to make it back.
it looked like they were back to their bad habits on the defensive end - all except JaVale. Seems like he's always auditioning for that starting position when he's on the floor.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those saying that it's good that Golden St. lost....and damn you for making me use this guy as a reference

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those saying that it's good that Golden St. lost....and damn you for making me use this guy as a reference

Told these fools this yesterday.

The start of their series with the Pelicans only change if they lose game 5

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.