• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) Cleveland Cavaliers vs 7) Indiana Pacers

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3,000 posts on a series sweep. I LOVE LeBron.
He is THE KING for a reason. lol.

Getting this week off should be nice. Next series is highly unlikely to be a sweep- I think itll be Toronto and I think itll either go 5 or 6 games. Actually think that Game 1 is when they will be most vulnerable- and as the series goes on the Cavs being able to rest will benefit them more and more. Hopefully they wont be too rusty early on.

I dont think the Cavs go 12-2 in the EAst like the last 2 years--- but i think 12-4 is very reasonable at this point.

12-2 WOULD be nice though.... :)

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is THE KING for a reason. lol.

Getting this week off should be nice. Next series is highly unlikely to be a sweep- I think itll be Toronto and I think itll either go 5 or 6 games. Actually think that Game 1 is when they will be most vulnerable- and as the series goes on the Cavs being able to rest will benefit them more and more. Hopefully they wont be too rusty early on.

I dont think the Cavs go 12-2 in the EAst like the last 2 years--- but i think 12-4 is very reasonable at this point.

12-2 WOULD be nice though.... :)

And yet, none of it matters after June.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, guess there's something to it if you AT LEAST show some balls...

^^^THIS^^^

Be cocky and pimp your team all you want, but have the balls to back it with bets that don't involve conditions or timelines.

@msgkings322 (among others) understands this...certain others do not.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, guess there's something to it if you AT LEAST show some balls...

To be fair it's easier to be cocky when your team is heavily favored. I'm just riding the favorite

Also, it's just bullshit about sports, and an anonymous avatar bet. Why the hell wouldn't you? You get way more respect repping your team and owning it with an avatar if you lose..

Reactions: LAD

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will bet my account that the Cavs beat the Warriors in the finals, if said match up happens.

Doesn't mean that if you lose, you can't come back, just means your account is banned and you have to start over.

Now lets see which one of you Showers fans has the balls

lebron-juice-spot-closing.jpg

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron's playoff minutes don't worry Cavs' Lue

interesting article quoting Lue quite a bit on LeBron's high minute count.

Obviously what Lue says makes sense- You'd rather finish the series in 4 then in 5---- I also think its funny that LeBron actively tries to lobby to stay on the court EVENMORE than he currently does.

great points by Lue:

"I mean, I don't understand why people make a big deal out of minutes," Lue told reporters Wednesday, when his team had its first full practice session as a group since sweeping Indiana on Sunday. "He had a week off before the series started. We won four straight games, and then he had a week off again. So next [series] he might play 48 minutes."

Reactions: TJL

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Teams are suffering because they listen to what the media is saying about guys playing minutes."

Suffering?

"Some teams should play some guys more minutes, and it would've been different series," Lue explained without naming names. "So, whatever."

Oklahoma City's Russell Westbrook averaged 38.8 minutes per game in the Thunder's five-game loss to the Houston Rockets. The Thunder struggled mightily when he went to the bench in the series. OKC was plus-15 with him on the court and minus-58 with him off of it. That minus-58 came in just 46 minutes, so the Thunder were outscored 137-79 in an amount of time nearly equivalent to a regulation game, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

"I think a lot of guys are capable of doing that," Lue said when asked what percentage of players could play 40-plus minutes and not have a significant drop off in performance. "A lot of guys are taking care of their body. NBA players are some of the best-conditioned guys in athletics in their sport, so they can definitely do it. I think a lot of times coaches get sidetracked by what other guys, what the media said or whatever. But you just got to go off what you feel, how the guys feel, how the players feel and what your team needs at this time. So, if Bron plays 46 minutes and [Kyrie Irving] plays 45 minutes and we win, then it's worth it. And if we need them to play that many minutes to win in the playoffs, then it's absolutely worth it."

Reactions: TJL

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Teams are suffering because they listen to what the media is saying about guys playing minutes."

Suffering?

"Some teams should play some guys more minutes, and it would've been different series," Lue explained without naming names. "So, whatever."

Oklahoma City's Russell Westbrook averaged 38.8 minutes per game in the Thunder's five-game loss to the Houston Rockets. The Thunder struggled mightily when he went to the bench in the series. OKC was plus-15 with him on the court and minus-58 with him off of it. That minus-58 came in just 46 minutes, so the Thunder were outscored 137-79 in an amount of time nearly equivalent to a regulation game, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

"I think a lot of guys are capable of doing that," Lue said when asked what percentage of players could play 40-plus minutes and not have a significant drop off in performance. "A lot of guys are taking care of their body. NBA players are some of the best-conditioned guys in athletics in their sport, so they can definitely do it. I think a lot of times coaches get sidetracked by what other guys, what the media said or whatever. But you just got to go off what you feel, how the guys feel, how the players feel and what your team needs at this time. So, if Bron plays 46 minutes and [Kyrie Irving] plays 45 minutes and we win, then it's worth it. And if we need them to play that many minutes to win in the playoffs, then it's absolutely worth it."

All dust in the wind, after June

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO takers on my bet yet?

WHERE"S YOUR BALLLS?

BECAUSE MINE ARE BIG ENOUGH TO FUCKING BOUNCE ON

giphy.gif