• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2 and Oh in the Garopollo Era

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen enough of Jimmy Garoppolo...regular TV angles, All 22....whatever....he's the real deal. It will take something flukey to drag him down from the pedestal that he sits on as far as I'm concerned. He checks off all the boxes when it comes to that so-called 'elite' QB.

His footwork, whether it's on a drop back, transferring weight in the pocket, sliding in/around/out of said pocket? Check. Arm talent - quick, compact, accurate...and can deliver when feet aren't in perfect position. Check. Anticipatory throws? Check. Teammates rally around him/view him as a leader? Check. Does he make teammates better? Check. On and on with this guy.

Jeez....did Belichick trade him to SF as a return for Shanahan throwing him a Super Bowl?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen enough of Jimmy Garoppolo...regular TV angles, All 22....whatever....he's the real deal. It will take something flukey to drag him down from the pedestal that he sits on as far as I'm concerned. He checks off all the boxes when it comes to that so-called 'elite' QB.

His footwork, whether it's on a drop back, transferring weight in the pocket, sliding in/around/out of said pocket? Check. Arm talent - quick, compact, accurate...and can deliver when feet aren't in perfect position. Check. Anticipatory throws? Check. Teammates rally around him/view him as a leader? Check. Does he make teammates better? Check. On and on with this guy.

Jeez....did Belichick trade him to SF as a return for Shanahan throwing him a Super Bowl?

I think more than anything he let it play out for too long and lost all leverage and that 2nd rounder was the best pick they could get for him.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a little skeptical of Jimmy when we traded for him. I was really pulling for C.J., but he was getting the living $hit kicked out of him because he couldn't get through his progressions fast enough. Jimmy is very comfortable in the pocket and fluid when it starts collapsing AND he's making the right//good decisions.

Although we will use up a lot of that cap space to sign him as well as some other FA's on our team, I think that we should still be pretty major players in the market and guys will want to come play for us with the powers that be at the reigns. Quite the turnaround performance wise the past few weeks...let's hope we can keep it up!
Winning cures a lot of things.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Both sides have been tight lipped about what when down. It sounded like The Pats had a real high price last off season asking for two 1st rounders which there were no takers. Even Lynch admitted the 49ers tried to acquire him during the offseason. I think Cleveland was really wanted him but Bellicheck didn't want to send him there and Lynch and Bellicheck have a good relationship

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both sides have been tight lipped about what when down. It sounded like The Pats had a real high price last off season asking for two 1st rounders which there were no takers. Even Lynch admitted the 49ers tried to acquire him during the offseason. I think Cleveland was really wanted him but Bellicheck didn't want to send him there and Lynch and Bellicheck have a good relationship

C'mon dude, lets get serious...the phone conversation probably went like this:

Kyle Shanahan - 'Bill...it's Kyle Shanahan....I got John Lynch here with me as well....how yah doin?'

Bill Belichick - 'Pretty good Kyle, say hi to John for me....so what's up? What can I do for you?'

KS - 'Bill....just a reminder of that solid I did for yah in the Super Bowl, right?'

BB - 'I thought all deals were off Kyle when you guys kept kicking our ass....that's a risky job you guys did to give us all those opportunities to even remotely get back into the game. It looks too close to a fix.'

KS - 'Well...now that we've given you another SB, it's time you pay up....remember our deal? Jimmy G at the trade deadline.'

BB - 'C'mon Kyle, I know what we talked about...he's our future when Brady goes down. Can't we just give you Brady?'

KS - 'Bill...I'm rebuilding...I don't need a guy for 2 years. We're gonna stick to the original deal. You knew I was gonna be the HC of the 49ers. You knew I'd need a QB. Besides. I already know the collusion between you and Pete Carroll that gave you THAT Super Bowl....you wouldn't want that getting out, would you?'

<BB turns into the typical press conference BB>

BB - 'OK....you win. How'd you know about Pete?'

KS - 'Pretty obvious, wasn't it? By the way....what did you have to give up to Seattle for that?'

BB - 'Eerrr uhhhh...we're on to 2015 <click>

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn’t it amazing how much one player can turn this team around?

This is exactly why the team was driving me crazy for the last several years at the QB position. You either have the right guy or you’re doing everything to find the right guy. But don’t sit there with some idiot in the starting lineup who can’t get the job done.

This is our guy. We will be competetive next year.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn’t it amazing how much one player can turn this team around?

In this day and age, when the QB position determines wins/losses more than ever before, it doesn't surprise me at all. If they were all on par, JG will have a greater affect on the team today, than Steve Young did in his day....and Steve Young would've had a greater impact than Montana did in his era.

Now, the actual pecking order is reversed as nobody was better than Montana....but that's another story.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We also have a really good offensive minded coach. Now with Jimmy G playing you can see Kyle Shanahan's system starting to work. Look at how Matt Ryan has slipped this year. Coincidence?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We also have a really good offensive minded coach. Now with Jimmy G playing you can see Kyle Shanahan's system starting to work. Look at how Matt Ryan has slipped this year. Coincidence?

There is something to it, and it makes for good reading and all....I just think Ryan had one of those crazy years that happens to almost every player if they play long enough, where everything fell into place. He's not THAT good, and he's just reverting back to his norm.