• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2-5

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also don't think he's getting fired. Can't fire him after 1 bad year as he previous 6 seasons were solid. Some seasons such as 2012 and last year was really good. I think if he has another year like this in the next 2 years then he is gone
I don't know it looks like he lost his players. Im with you, u don't fire a coach for 1 bad season but when he loses his players u might have to. I think Kelly is coaching scared and u can see he is confused on whats going on. He lost his swag just like Kizer lost his. Oline is a mess.

1 positive the D actually looks ok and exciting to watch. They got tired at the end but u can't blame them. 2nd half the O killed them and gave stanford 9 pts.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also don't think he's getting fired. Can't fire him after 1 bad year as he previous 6 seasons were solid. Some seasons such as 2012 and last year was really good. I think if he has another year like this in the next 2 years then he is gone
BK what a great trade by the Bulls. Im fired up. Bulls needed help with back up PG and Tony wasn't going to play and he isn't a good player. Stole that trade.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't get me wrong Kelly coached a bad 2nd half but overall the oline sucked and Kizer was a mess out there tonight. I don't blame him for pulling him. Some times u have to do that to start a fire. I think Kizer got to comfy out there. Like Kelly said after the game Kizer is the starter. Kelly was right on this move.

Then why leave Zaire in for as long as he did, I don't agree with pulling Kizer if anything it made matters worse because it stalled the offense for the entire half and then he hoped Kizer could come in in short time with one time out and save his ass and it didn't happen which part of that was poor O-Line play and part Kizer, but they did move the ball some on that final drive.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why leave Zaire in for as long as he did, I don't agree with pulling Kizer if anything it made matters worse because it stalled the offense for the entire half and then he hoped Kizer could come in in short time with one time out and save his ass and it didn't happen which part of that was poor O-Line play and part Kizer, but they did move the ball some on that final drive.
He left him in for 2 series. LOL Thats not long.

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not as mad after I slept on it... just came to realization that there is nothing we can do about it and season is over.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He left him in for 2 series. LOL Thats not long.

I could tell after the first series that it was too much he kept him in which included the over the head snap and then the next series. I'm sorry Purguy but Kelly's game management is terrible and has been for some time, just go back to throwing the ball so damn much in a hurricane once again shitty game plan for the weather.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could tell after the first series that it was too much he kept him in which included the over the head snap and then the next series. I'm sorry Purguy but Kelly's game management is terrible and has been for some time, just go back to throwing the ball so damn much in a hurricane once again shitty game plan for the weather.
I agree with the game management part but that call was right on Kelly. Kizer was lost and that last 3 plays of the game proved that. All 3 plays were on him and the Oline.

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Kizer is really good and meant to be the Starting QB for Notre Dame the rest of the season... he just needs to calm down when he plays he gets way too pressured.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the game management part but that call was right on Kelly. Kizer was lost and that last 3 plays of the game proved that. All 3 plays were on him and the Oline.

To me after getting benched for throwing two picks one on a 4th and 7 wasn't the right move and you can't get me to agree that it was just watching Zaire under throw and over throw on the next series was enough to know he wasn't going to get it done. To me that is part of the management end of it. Kizer wasn't great on those last three plays but how much of that was leaky O-Line play, I would argue a fair bit. I'm not saying Kizer played great I'm saying Kelly's mismanagement of the game (and the team all season) in totality is what cost them the most.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me after getting benched for throwing two picks one on a 4th and 7 wasn't the right move and you can't get me to agree that it was just watching Zaire under throw and over throw on the next series was enough to know he wasn't going to get it done. To me that is part of the management end of it. Kizer wasn't great on those last three plays but how much of that was leaky O-Line play, I would argue a fair bit. I'm not saying Kizer played great I'm saying Kelly's mismanagement of the game (and the team all season) in totality is what cost them the most.
I agree he has been 2nd guessed and it all started week 1 with the 2 QB system. In this case Kelly was right on to make the move. Kizer just didnt have it in him. Again this is how I saw it. Watching the game with my friends we all said the same get Kizer out he is shot. No one was saying bench him for the year. He is still the starter but sometimes you need to start a fire.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think Kizer should have benched after throwing the second interception but just benched for 1 series. Kizer is trying to do way too much and is forcing the ball. It is always something. They just can't play well as a team. The defense looked like they were having fun and were flying around the ball. They played well for the 1st time all year. Then, Kizer and the O-line ruin the game. All I ask is this team play well from both sides of the ball after the bye week. For now, Go Cubs Go

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think Kizer should have benched after throwing the second interception but just benched for 1 series. Kizer is trying to do way too much and is forcing the ball. It is always something. They just can't play well as a team. The defense looked like they were having fun and were flying around the ball. They played well for the 1st time all year. Then, Kizer and the O-line ruin the game. All I ask is this team play well from both sides of the ball after the bye week. For now, Go Cubs Go
Yes they cant play well as a team. I mean this was the game to have a full complete game. D showed up but now the Offense didnt show up. They need to both show up at the same time.

Credit to the D for playing a good game. I hope we still hire outside for our next DC. I know we are seeing good changes with this new guy but I want a Big name DC.