• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 2-1 Oakland Raiders vs 2-1 Denver Broncos

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on the win, guys.

Had me nervous for sure. Could not lose that game and still think we could win the division.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You take wins any way they come, especially against rivals. And the Broncos did have a good day moving the ball on the ground, as well as a pretty stout defensive performance (despite letting EJ make it a game toward the end). Still something about the way this game played out has left me a bit disappointed.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not impressed at all. Only plus a win that's most important. We won't win on the road playing like this.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not impressed at all. Only plus a win that's most important. We won't win on the road playing like this.
Would you rather lose 33-30 at Carolina OR win a disappointing performance at home vs Raiders?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll take the win for sure! Any time the Broncos can win against the Raiders I don’t care how ugly it looks!

Plus seeing the Chargers lose once again and seeing the Patriots lose makes it a pretty good day in football. Now just need the Chiefs to lose tomorrow.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you rather lose 33-30 at Carolina OR win a disappointing performance at home vs Raiders?

Too close for comfort but you got to experience the crowd noise at Mile High.

Should have been a comfortable win 19-10. Thought the missed FG was going to come back to haunt the team.
Carr had one great pass otherwise the last 2 weeks they have looked very pedestrian.

What was kinda disappointing from the defense both Raiders scoring drives started at the OAK 1 and 4.

IMac will break one soon.

Could not watch NE win another game. Glad they lost.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shit ! Teams like Atlanta,Dallas and NE lose at home and some bitch that Denver didn't win " big " enough vs a tough division foe Unbelievable. True knowledgeable fans alright. :)

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong wrong wrong wrong Randy. Our flaws are few but, big ones so I expect ugly wins. Wins are the most important thing. I just don't think you will win alot of games scoring 16 pts on the road. Scoring 16 pts at home with Sanders and DT vs a banged up secondary that isn't impressive was the point I was trying to make.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to figure out our right side. Watson is bad, but Stephenson is absolutely terrible. Siemian missed a wide open Sanders for a TD. We need to stick with the run game more. McManus needs to get his head out of his ass

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensive play calling at the end of the game was bad too.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our run D is surprisingly one of our biggest strengths. Wolfe has amped it up a notch.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our run D is surprisingly one of our biggest strengths. Wolfe has amped it up a notch.

This run defense I think is better than what we had during the 2015 season. Now we don't have the pass rush that we had back then and the secondary is having a few more communication errors leading to some big plays in the pass game.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been trying to really put my finger on why I felt so dissatisfied even after a win over the Raiders. The defense had another great day at the office, and at the end of the day a win is a win. I think it's frustrating to see the offense start off looking so good but then bottom out later in the game. The play calling has a lot to do with that. For example the pass attempt on 1st and goal from the 4 was Siemian's first attempt since the 2nd quarter. That wasn't the time to renew the pass attack. Even a bootleg could have sprung Siemian for a rushing TD. I guess I was just hoping they'd more successfully exploit that Raiders defense. It felt like there was no killer instinct and the team's ability to finish is suspect. The pass protection is marginally better than last year but not improved enough to

Now with all that said, the rushing attach has been great. In fact, I can live with our pass attack hovering around 20th (naturally I prefer a better performing unit than that) if our ground game continues to rank top 5. I think we'll have a semblance of a functioning offense in that setting.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My greatest frustration is the OL pass Pro. They are doing great as a run blocking unit. But when Siemian is pressured 55% of the snaps, the highest margin of the 28 teams that played yesterday, we have a problem. Yes, Siemian isn’t perfect but he didn’t have a turnover and helped get us on the score board early which allowed the run game to be more effective.

I saw a lot of good things yesterday.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My greatest frustration is the OL pass Pro. They are doing great as a run blocking unit. But when Siemian is pressured 55% of the snaps, the highest margin of the 28 teams that played yesterday, we have a problem. Yes, Siemian isn’t perfect but he didn’t have a turnover and helped get us on the score board early which allowed the run game to be more effective.

I saw a lot of good things yesterday.

Siemian also had the 5th slowest snap to pass rate over the weekend. He is holding onto the ball way too long. Yes the OL has to be better but Siemian is a big part of the problem as well. I would say 50% OL not doing their job and 50% Siemian putting them in difficult situations. He is struggling to get off his first read in time to find the open man. He had Sanders wide open for a TD. He had DT on that same play if Siemian had trusted how the play was developing open in the corner of the end zone. He just isn't trusting his eyes and is hearing footsteps even when they are not there. That sack by Mack when Watson was in the game came because he panicked, tucked the ball, and just ran into Mack. A quick side step buys him another second to scan the field to find somebody open or becaues Mack had crashed down escape to the side and maybe take off running for a gain.

Siemian has done decent this year but his pocket awareness really is terrible. He has to improve if this passing offense is going to do anything.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking with team source the Broncos clocked him under pressure 32% of his dropbacks and 20% of his throws as off target. They weren't happy with him yesterday. Also sounds like they may start limiting his checks at the LOS.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking with team source the Broncos clocked him under pressure 32% of his dropbacks and 20% of his throws as off target. They weren't happy with him yesterday. Also sounds like they may start limiting his checks at the LOS.
I don't know who to blame , whether it's TS checking out of play or bad play calls but this team definitely is struggling in red zone once again. Seems like they mix up the play calling pretty well between the 20's then just make lame calls and stupid penalties inside the twenty. They definitely need to figure that out soon or even a wildcard spot will be tough to get. The one silver lining , they ( offense ) is at least staying away from boatload of 3- outs, thus keeping the D much fresher than years past. If they can just continue to do that but trade some of those red zone Fgs into Tds, this team with fresher healthy D , can make a good playoff push and more. I know it's still early but this season looks wide open with only one undefeated team in KC and that could change tonite. Going to be interesting. PS.. was could to see Booker back.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a pretty fun game to attend even if we only scores 16 points. Mostly because I got to sit by Geo and eat one of his hamburgers with he and CEH.

We should have beaten them a lot worse then we did, but it was still a Win.

Not a lot to share from my trip. I toured the field first time doing that of the new field since they tore the old one down.

I did get to stop at Demaryius Thomas house on Monday morning and pick up my signed jersey so that was kind of cool. He needs targeted a bit more.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a pretty fun game to attend even if we only scores 16 points. Mostly because I got to sit by Geo and eat one of his hamburgers with he and CEH.

We should have beaten them a lot worse then we did, but it was still a Win.

Not a lot to share from my trip. I toured the field first time doing that of the new field since they tore the old one down.

I did get to stop at Demaryius Thomas house on Monday morning and pick up my signed jersey so that was kind of cool. He needs targeted a bit more.
A bit more? I’d say a bunch more than the 5 passes thrown his way on Sunday.