• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1st Round Bye

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't pretty, but the job got done. The Defense needs to play much better than this once playoff time comes around though if they want to advance past the first game. Foles did really well for his first game back in action ... he gets another "warm-up" type team next week in the Raiders to continue knocking off the rust. Getting home-field advantage remains critical without Wentz. Hoping A Rodgers does us a favor next week and takes out the Vikings so that week 17 won't matter.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, except that my wife and I are going to the Dallas game, and I want our starters to play, and beat the girls. I ordered the tickets early in this season, and had to pay a premium to get the tickets, plus valet parking, so we want to have a great time!

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe if we beat the Raiders we clinch home field. We can also clinch with a Vikings loss to the Packers. Either way I am good. :D

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe if we beat the Raiders we clinch home field. We can also clinch with a Vikings loss to the Packers. Either way I am good. :D
I think they need to beat an NFC team to clinch.

HuskerNGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings loss Saturday, Eagles rest vs Oak, everybody plays vs Cowgirls, First round bye rest before playoff game. That wold be the ideal scenario IMO

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they need to beat an NFC team to clinch.

I'm not an expert but what am I missing in the tie breaking scenario?

1. Head-to-head, if applicable.

We did not play head to head.

2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

We have 1 loss in the NFC and they have 2 with 2 NFC games to play. So the worst we can do is tie if we lose to the Cowboys and they beat the Packers and the Bears.

3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.

Redskins - Eagles (w) Bears (w)
Rams - Eagles (w) Bears (w)
Bears - Eagles (w) Bears (w)
Panthers - Eagles (w) Bears (l)

HuskerNGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We have 1 loss in the NFC and they have 2 with 2 NFC games to play. So the worst we can do is tie if we lose to the Cowboys and they beat the Packers and the Bears.

Correct. If Eagles win Monday, no matter what, they win home field throughout. Tiebreakers would favor Eagles.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems feasible. So we win the tiebreaker vs the bears:dhd:

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Rodgers reportedly getting shut down for the season I think we will need to play and beat the Raiders on Monday night to clinch home field advantage. But once we do, Doug should rest the starters for the final game. I read a report this morning that suggested the defense is playing poorly because it is just tired. Guys have dead legs and Pederson has been practicing them a lot. It is understandable when you are trying to make sure guys don't lose focus with Wentz out. But if they beat Oakland, they should rest up for a while, then get back to practice the week before the second round game.

HuskerNGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Rodgers reportedly getting shut down for the season I think we will need to play and beat the Raiders on Monday night to clinch home field advantage. But once we do, Doug should rest the starters for the final game. I read a report this morning that suggested the defense is playing poorly because it is just tired. Guys have dead legs and Pederson has been practicing them a lot. It is understandable when you are trying to make sure guys don't lose focus with Wentz out. But if they beat Oakland, they should rest up for a while, then get back to practice the week before the second round game.

I saw an interesting report stating teams that have clinched prior to week 17 and rested starters on week 17 are only 3-9 since 2000? And teams who play starters week 17 are much better 12-5? Can't remember the records or stats exactly but it was something of that effect.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Doug should play the starters for at east a quarter before resting them.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would play Foles all game regardless and even play him a half week 17. Dude needs as much "live" game action as he can get in prior to the post season.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would play Foles all game regardless and even play him a half week 17. Dude needs as much "live" game action as he can get in prior to the post season.
Nate Sudfeld could use some live action.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nate Sudfeld could use some live action.

He can have the 2nd half of the Cowpie game ... either way, our hopes are shot if we get to the point of having to rely on Nate Sudfeld.