• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1st Pick! Hinkie, the God, made it all happen.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B E N

Now we're stacked.

Too bad the league wouldn't give us the 1st pick until after we hired a bunch of guys from the league office. What a fucked up league. Hinkie got done dirty for having a great plan.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA is set up that it is very difficult to go from mediocre to contender. What Hinkie did was the only way to do it. He did not deserve what happened. Other teams are going to do it in the future. If the NBA does not want it to happen again they need to make some changes to the rules for acquiring talent.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, and we get the Sacramento pick in 2019. Hinkie absolutely fucking nailed this shit.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did what needed to be done. The owners caved.

NDIrishGuy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hinkie was done dirty. His plan was a smart one that was definitely difficult to endure, but smart. With a little luck the Sixers would've had Wiggins and Towns. The one thing he screwed up IMO was selecting Okafor over Porzingis (and I was actually on record prior to the draft saying to take Porzingis). Hinkie should still be GM right now and I am terrified that waiting through these 3 years for the payout will be ruined because the Colangelos have no ability to build properly and will take every possible shortcut ensuring this team only reaches mediocrity again.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hinkie was done dirty. His plan was a smart one that was definitely difficult to endure, but smart. With a little luck the Sixers would've had Wiggins and Towns. The one thing he screwed up IMO was selecting Okafor over Porzingis (and I was actually on record prior to the draft saying to take Porzingis). Hinkie should still be GM right now and I am terrified that waiting through these 3 years for the payout will be ruined because the Colangelos have no ability to build properly and will take every possible shortcut ensuring this team only reaches mediocrity again.
I am with you on that. They have been in the NBA a long time, and have not won much.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is not acceptable to tank unless you hire Kahn, then it is ok because it was not on purpose. He was just incompetent!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm worried too. Hinkie set this up wonderfully. The Colangelos have no appreciation for the work it took to get here. The accumulated assets come to them for free. They did no work for it. They're likely to squander it all, but hopefully Hinkie set this up too good for messing up.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm worried too. Hinkie set this up wonderfully. The Colangelos have no appreciation for the work it took to get here. The accumulated assets come to them for free. They did no work for it. They're likely to squander it all, but hopefully Hinkie set this up too good for messing up.
I feel the same. I sm not convince Bryan colangelo and his dad can make the right moves. They are aleady talking of moving assets for established players. If our young players reach their potential, not many established players will be as good as them.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the idea of trading Okafor
I think he is going to be a very good player in this league

I would rather wait another year at least to see what the Sixers have as far as players and how they all fit together

There is no guarantee that Embiid is going to stay healthy
Who knows how Saric is going to play

I don't want to see the Sixers trade good young players and get back a veteran Elton Brand just so they can win a couple more games

I agree there is a log jam in the frontcourt and that Sixers need backcourt help but I don't like the idea of the Sixers making rash decisions just to add a couple of more wins to the total but not really progressing towards being a contender

NDIrishGuy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would rather wait another year at least to see what the Sixers have as far as players and how they all fit together

I don't want to see the Sixers trade good young players and get back a veteran Elton Brand just so they can win a couple more games

I agree there is a log jam in the frontcourt and that Sixers need backcourt help but I don't like the idea of the Sixers making rash decisions just to add a couple of more wins to the total but not really progressing towards being a contender

I like trading Okafor, but only if it gets good young players/high draft choices. I hate the idea of trading Okafor for mediocre veterans that will make the Sixers an 8 seed.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds:

God Bless, Sam Hinkie, Accumulator of Talent in a corrupt league.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think that it's likely that the 76ers will trade good young players for fill-in veterans. If they're going to make a move a trade young players and assets, it's going to be for something of significant value. At least, it ought to be.

The myth that continues to be perpetuated by the sports media is that the 76ers need to trade a big man soon. A big man will probably have to be traded at some point in the future, but due to the fact that Embiid will be on restricted minutes, that both Okafor and Noel each have injury histories themselves, and that no one knows which of the big men will gel best with Simmons, it makes little sense for them to trade one of the big men until all of those issues play themselves out.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that it's likely that the 76ers will trade good young players for fill-in veterans. If they're going to make a move a trade young players and assets, it's going to be for something of significant value. At least, it ought to be.

The myth that continues to be perpetuated by the sports media is that the 76ers need to trade a big man soon. A big man will probably have to be traded at some point in the future, but due to the fact that Embiid will be on restricted minutes, that both Okafor and Noel each have injury histories themselves, and that no one knows which of the big men will gel best with Simmons, it makes little sense for them to trade one of the big men until all of those issues play themselves out.

+1
#keepallthebigs

Pretty sure Boston was floating the idea that we 'had' to trade one of them and that they had all the leverage.
They have no leverage.
Okafor for Avery Bradley? I don't think so.