• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1940-2010 Divisional Bucket NHL Draft QF2 : OBX vs Ritzy

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OBX

LINE 1
LW - Ted Lindsay (L) : C - Phil Esposito (L) : RW - Maurice Richard (L)

LINE 2
LW - Kevin Stevens (L) : C - Bobby Clarke (L) : RW - Dave Taylor (R)

LINE 3
LW - Keith Tkachuk (L) : C - Stan Mikita (R) : RW - Owen Nolan (R)

LINE 4
LW - Zach Parise (L) : C - Ted Kennedy (R) : RW - Sergei Makarov (L)

DEF 1
Doug Harvey (L) : Stefan Persson (L)

DEF 2
Bill Hajt (L) : Kevin Lowe (L)

DEF 3
Rob Ramage (R) : Ruslan Salei (L)

GOALIE
Patrick Roy

BACKUP GOALIE
Roberto Luongo

VS

RITZY

LINE 1
LW - Frank Mahovlich (L) : C - Mario Lemieux (R) : RW - Jaromir Jagr (L)

LINE 2
LW - Rick Nash (L) : C - Denis Savard (R) : RW - Peter Bondra (L)

LINE 3
LW - James Neal (L) : C - Adam Oates (R) : RW - Milan Hejduk (R)

LINE 4
LW - Patrick Sharp (R) : C - Steven Stamkos (R) : RW - Pat Verbeek (R)

DEF 1
Nicklas Lidstrom (L) : Erik Karlsson (R)

DEF 2
Al MacInnis (R) : Viacheslav Fetisov (L)

DEF 3
Borje Salming (L) : Kevin Bieksa (R)

GOALIE
Henrik Lundqvist

BACKUP GOALIE
Billy Smith

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OBX - 4
Ritzy - 2

Voted - Ritz, Femur, UK, Robot, OBX, Ducey

Race to 4

Last edited:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ritz.

Not a fan of OBX all lefty 1st line and 5 out 6 Defenseman who are also lefty shooters. 13 out of 18 players are lefties. Good players but feel he should have picked a few more righties.

This is not my vote its Ritz's write up

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love ritz'z offense and the Mario Jagr connection. But I like the grit n OBX's lines. Like both defenses. I think Roy may be the difference in this game

OBX

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ritz.

Not a fan of OBX all lefty 1st line and 5 out 6 Defenseman who are also lefty shooters. 13 out of 18 players are lefties. Good players but feel he should have picked a few more righties.

This is not my vote its Ritz's write up
I read up on the whole R/L thing to see if it's as important as in baseball, and it's not. Whereas 70%+ of the NFL and MLB are RH, 65% of the NHL shoots lefty and paired lefty is preferable to paired righty.
That said, I liked Ritz team too lol

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read up on the whole R/L thing to see if it's as important as in baseball, and it's not. Whereas 70%+ of the NFL and MLB are RH, 65% of the NHL shoots lefty and paired lefty is preferable to paired righty.
That said, I liked Ritz team too lol

You should look at the % of players who shoot lefty from the US and everywhere else. A lot of coaches teach at a young age in Canada and other places to have the weaker arm low on the stick that is why more players shoot lefty especially in other countries.

That said if possible you do not want an all lefty or all righty defense and you certainly don't want all three forwards shooting the same.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should look at the % of players who shoot lefty from the US and everywhere else. A lot of coaches teach at a young age in Canada and other places to have the weaker arm low on the stick that is why more players shoot lefty especially in other countries.

That said if possible you do not want an all lefty or all righty defense and you certainly don't want all three forwards shooting the same.
From what I read the view on that is pretty split, probably depending on what country you're from and the style you play

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I read the view on that is pretty split, probably depending on what country you're from and the style you play
Tbh I think style of play and the players skill set plays a big role. A dump and chase physical team isn’t going to be effected as much. I lean more on the players roles and positioning. You also have guys like Forsberg,Gretz, etc who were just as dangerous and accurate passing or shooting back hand. One of the best defensive tandems Devils history. Stevens and Niedermeyer both shot left. There may be a slight advantage like keeping the puck in the zone etc...Or in certain situations. It may be preferred to have R L. Normally it is preferred on D and lines.But its not always a disadvantage. A lot of variables imo

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off keeping the puck in the offensive zone a R\L Down tandem is preferred, other then that I could care less JMHO. Next my team was built with enough firepower to score a few goals each game, but once I have the lead to shut the other team down. My second line was put together with the sole purpose of shutting down the opponents first line. I feel like I would wear Ritz down over a 7 game series.

OBX