• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #17 VT vs. East Carolina University 12pm ESPN

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The non thrown jump ball to Hodges is just a lack of situational awareness. That can be fixed and I am sure Lefty will address it. You have Bucky one on one with a 5'11"-6' CB in the red zone on 4th down you throw the jump ball every time. Brewer just needs to recognize that matchup. Hodges was aware of it from his theatrics following the play.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was anyone else a little frustrated with the offensive play calling? seemed very repetitive and predictable, and not productive.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was anyone else a little frustrated with the offensive play calling? seemed very repetitive and predictable, and not productive.

Heard Loeffler had a stomach bug in the first quarter and let Stiney call a few plays.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frech did a pretty good writeup on the ECU game. He broke down the OL play pretty well as a part of his analysis...

Exploiting Matchups: ECU Film Review | The Key Play

Good as usual. But I disagree with him on the "overlooked/effort" stuff. You don't get spanked that soundly on both sides of the ball for an entire half just because of exploiting a match up. Not from ECU at least. They're a good, respectable team but they aren't loaded like the 01 Canes or some of those 90s Huskers teams. I don't think we spent the whole week partying from the OSU win or that the players said "LOLECU. We got this". But I think what happened was they looked at what they've done against them in the past, felt confident enough with in their abilities (both coaches and players) that they could play with them awhile and still put out a win. But they got knocked on their ass so fast they didn't have any answers or back up plans until halftime. If that's not an overlook, even in the slightest, then overlooks don't exist.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good as usual. But I disagree with him on the "overlooked/effort" stuff. You don't get spanked that soundly on both sides of the ball for an entire half just because of exploiting a match up. Not from ECU at least. They're a good, respectable team but they aren't loaded like the 01 Canes or some of those 90s Huskers teams. I don't think we spent the whole week partying from the OSU win or that the players said "LOLECU. We got this". But I think what happened was they looked at what they've done against them in the past, felt confident enough with in their abilities (both coaches and players) that they could play with them awhile and still put out a win. But they got knocked on their ass so fast they didn't have any answers or back up plans until halftime. If that's not an overlook, even in the slightest, then overlooks don't exist.

I agree with you for sure. One other thing I hope I never see again in Lane Stadium whether it's a Noon game or Prime Time -- offensive talent feeling so comfortable that they are smirking, laughing and feeling good. To me that is complete bullshit. Remember the days of Corey Moore or Adibi? They got into the opposing team's head.

In case we all forgot how our D's demeanor used to be:

Last edited by a moderator:

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Media: "Corey, how have you guys been handling the media?..."
Corey: "Man, fuck you guys...."

With crazy eyes!!!

Love it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Media: "Corey, how have you guys been handling the media?..."
Corey: "Man, fuck you guys...."

With crazy eyes!!!

Love it.

My god he was awesome.

How the fuck did we lose that game.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I never saw that interview. Wow, just wow.

They'd have never lost to ECU if they had THAT attitude and single-minded purpose, but that's a lot to ask of a young team.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i knew ECU was pretty good this year, but this past weekend makes it a little easier, seeing what they did to UNC

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i knew ECU was pretty good this year, but this past weekend makes it a little easier, seeing what they did to UNC

It eases it a little but at the same time, UNC has struggled with every team they've played this year.