• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

'17 MLB Playoffs

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(spoiler alert: the Phillies didn't make it...)

Though I haven't been watching the Phillies much this September, I am committed to watching some/most of the MLB playoffs. The good news is that I am taking a medical leave of absence from the University, so I should have plenty of free time to do it.

How is everyone feeling about the playoffs- who's going to win it all?

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side note, just finally got a prescription for a z-drug like I had wanted. Doc didn't feel comfortable prescribing Lunesta (he can be weird about things like that- where the most well-known drugs of a class, i.e., Adderall, Xanax, Ambien, Lunesta, etc. aren't prescribed- but he'll prescribe you a similar drug in the same exact class:noidea:).

Anyway, I got Sonata 10 MG. They're all right thus far, but we'll have to wait and see if it produces the loopy-ness inherent in Lunesta/Ambien.

A little Tanqueray should get the ball running.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go Phillies here we go

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck you Matt Harvey

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Though I haven't been watching the Phillies much this September, I am committed to watching some/most of the MLB playoffs. The good news is that I am taking a medical leave of absence from the University, so I should have plenty of free time to do it.

I'll be pulling for the Nats and AZ. Anyone but the dogs. If AZ keeps hammering HRs like they were several games ago they'll be hard to beat.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Hoskins got a hit there, but I haven’t done this yet- Hoskins is Garbage!

Ahhhh- that felt good. Long overdue.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dubes!

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ Matt Harvey

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win for the Phils tonight.

Rockies' magic number is at 2, and they're up 9-1 in the 7th against the Dodgers. However, barring an epic choking job (think 2007 Mets) on the Brewers' half, who are up 5-1 in the 9th, their postseason hopes should stay alive.

EDIT: Someone homered for the Cards, it's now 5-2 Brewers
willie-randolph.jpg

Last edited:

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Playoffs?? Playoffs????????

I'm going to go with the Astros this year. They have a very solid offense and pitching should be good enough. I think old man Verlander has one good three week run left in him.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, get well soon, man. And don't get lazy if you're taking a semester off or it will be tougher when you get back. You can keep sharp by continuing to do all that stuff you do with the advanced stats in baseball. (plus that will allow me to call you a nerd from time to time, which amuses me)

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I went to the football game today, and, believe it or not, the girl who I may have vomited on was sitting two rows ahead of me. (Thanks Obama)

She and her friends were there before me and my roommate got to the game. After I took a picture of the field, I literally realized she was there when I looked at the photo. She spotted me about 10 minutes later. It was the first time I had seen her since Big Z's ruined it all.

If there was a Japanese guy who was told by his very hot girlfriend that she would finally have sex with him after waiting 3 years and then was "relocated" to an internment camp and separated from his girlfriend, and then his girlfriend dies in her internment camp, along with the whole guy's family, and then the guy kills himself; if that guy met FDR in the afterlife, I imagine the dirty look he would give Delano would be slightly less menacing than the look this girl gave me today.
52849245624__E6BC3BFE-1632-4FA3-BAA7-28B6CE2A8C5F.JPG

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, get well soon, man. And don't get lazy if you're taking a semester off or it will be tougher when you get back. You can keep sharp by continuing to do all that stuff you do with the advanced stats in baseball. (plus that will allow me to call you a nerd from time to time, which amuses me)
Thanks for your well-wishes. I am technically taking the leave because of mental health related things, but I do incidentally have surgery in a couple of weeks. And the healing time does require taking a painkiller until the time that the pain can be managed by Advil or Tylenol or something.

I am not a fortune-teller, but nonetheless I somehow foresee my pain being too strong for just Advil for an extended period of time, probably longer than most, actually....

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom of the 4th- Wheels sighting at CBP!

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did I miss Wheels?!? Watching too much football. Anyway, a classic trolling effort by Franco, hitting a couple bombs the last few days of the season to get everyone hoping that he finally "gets it" .

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did I miss Wheels?!? Watching too much football. Anyway, a classic trolling effort by Franco, hitting a couple bombs the last few days of the season to get everyone hoping that he finally "gets it" .
Yep, and thanks to your hedonistic pursuits of watching grown men giving other grown men serious, life-long, and irreversible brain injuries, you missed out on Chris Wheeler's final day as an official member of the Phillies' organization. Chris Wheeler to retire from Phillies organization

Rot in hell, asshole!

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOOOOOOOO! First Sarge, now this. Then again for the last 5 years he has been an "ambassador" , which I'm guessing means they've just been paying him for doing nothing. He must be getting senile if he is willingly "retiring" from that

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But anyway, I have no clue what you're talking about- Franco is going to be a star next year! I was at the game to receive my award for the completion of my 11th official year following the Phillies as part of the festivities surrounding fan appreciation day (you were honored too for your 60th year of allegiance- they called your name and everything, but when everyone was looking around for you and you weren't there; Middleton, Montgomery, and MacPhail realized that you skipped the game in order to watch the Eagles and the NFL, so they revoked the award and instead gave it to Retro for his 78th year).

Anyway, after the award, there was a reception in the clubhouse right before the first pitch. I don't know what it was, but Klentak gave me some sweet, red drink from a bowl with a spoon. I downed it, and then quickly asked for another cup. Anyway, Franco is hitting 50 bombs next year, book it, slam, rub it down!

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I went incognito on my browser so that I would be signed out and then went to my old stomping grounds, the actual Phillies board- from which a "certain asshole on this site" had me banned, in order to look up the thread from last year (2016) that covered the final series of the year for the Phillies against the Mets. I was just curious as to when that season ended, because I remembered that it was a Sunday afternoon game against them, but wasn't sure if the season went into October or not (it did- the last game of the season for us was Sunday, October 2nd).

Anyway, I hadn't checked out that board in a while, so I was moseying around for a little while, when I happened upon this gem in the thread about Mackanin being fired

Yep Northeast. I can handle a .45. I have quite a family of guns including handguns, shotguns, rifles, and specialty equipment!!

I've never been much of an advocate for implementing serious gun control laws- but if I were, I would definitely seize upon this quote as evidence supporting (proving?) my cause.

Oh, and Retro, since I know you will get an alert from this- how you been? I actually owe you a thank-you. Right after I "bullshitted" all those posts of yours and you made that post that is now my signature and then had me banned, I bought a shitload of stock in Kleenex. I knew you were crying then, and I figured you would continue to cry in the future over anything that violated your safe space- but I didn't know there'd be that much crying!