• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

16-17 Season Thread

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we wind up with a top 3 pick and the LAL pick at either 4 or 5 *and* SAC winds up with 4 or 5 and let's say the 7th or 8th pick from NO, would you consider trading the LAL pick to SAC for both of their 1st rounders????

You could get one of Fultz/Ball/Smith/Jackson
Then pick up two among Tatum/Isaac/Ntilikina/Markannen or possibly Smith or Jackson if we didn't select them with our 1st pick.

Twist our arms and we can throw in Okafor to sweeten the deal....

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I follow. Is the premise that the Kings would trade picks 5 and 7/8 to get pick 4? I know Kings gonna King, but I don't see why they would do that.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I follow. Is the premise that the Kings would trade picks 5 and 7/8 to get pick 4? I know Kings gonna King, but I don't see why they would do that.

Something like that.
I agree, I don't think they would do that.

Let's say some combination of Fultz, Ball, and Jackson go 1-3.
Let's say SAC really likes Dennis Smith Jr. or Jonathan Isaac.
Would they give up those 2 picks to move up?

What if it were #4 and Okafor for #6 and #8?

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Noel didn't think he was gonna come in here and show the sixers they've made a mistak of trading him. I said it before on this board, Holmes is way better than Noel.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big win for the sixers today. Even though the IT wasn't playing, Boston did have a 13 point league. This afternoon game reminded me of those 80s sixers vs Celtics CBS Sunday afternoon games with dick Stockton and Tommy Hinson. I hope these players pan out because it would be great to have the Celts and sixers be good at the same time.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big loss for the 76ers. Hopefully the 76ers and Kings can end up at 4th and 5th worst when all is said and done. Currently they sit at 5th and 6th worst. Pesky Orlando stands in the way. That's why it was such a huge loss.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big loss for the 76ers. Hopefully the 76ers and Kings can end up at 4th and 5th worst when all is said and done. Currently they sit at 5th and 6th worst. Pesky Orlando stands in the way. That's why it was such a huge loss.

If you look at the remaining schedules, NYK and ORL should wind up with 28 wins, but PHI and SAC will most likely wind up with 29 or 30. I'm guessing SAC finishes 6th and PHI 7th. Still decent odds, but ORL is just terrible and the Knicks have mailed it in. SAC and PHI still playing with heart.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Embiid is having surgery now. there goes the 2017-18. you know he's not playing next season.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Ben Simmons is throwing down trick-shot dunks but he's not able to play. Got it.

As far as Embiid goes, better to get the surgery now then wait and have it not heal properly. It will hopefully go well -- but obviously there has to be some concern that he's going to have nagging injuries his whole career. Injuries to the back, foot, and knee all within the last couple years. I'd still max him -- but maybe he'd be willing to take slightly less since he'll have made $14 million to play 31 games (which is the equivalent of like $36 million for 82 games.)

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Ben Simmons is throwing down trick-shot dunks but he's not able to play. Got it.

As far as Embiid goes, better to get the surgery now then wait and have it not heal properly. It will hopefully go well -- but obviously there has to be some concern that he's going to have nagging injuries his whole career. Injuries to the back, foot, and knee all within the last couple years. I'd still max him -- but maybe he'd be willing to take slightly less since he'll have made $14 million to play 31 games (which is the equivalent of like $36 million for 82 games.)

Have another year to see what to do about a contract for him. If it's another injury riddled season with few games played, I'd be hard pressed to give him max and hope he would take less, be it in amount of years or per year. His own injury history aside, it's still worrisome that Okafor is missing time from this supposed 6 week injury a year later.

As far as Simmons, as soon as I saw that my first thought was, when do we hear he needs another surgery. All of that being said, the team showed some good improvements this year.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Barkley was and is a role model to Snow.

NDIrishGuy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have a lot more confidence in the Sixers future if they had a seemingly competent medical staff, but based on what I have seen over the past 3 years, they do not have that.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have a lot more confidence in the Sixers future if they had a seemingly competent medical staff, but based on what I have seen over the past 3 years, they do not have that.
At times I wondered if they were being overly cautious, which helped out the tank. But, more and more, I don't know if it was misuse, misdiagnosis, etc... i know they drafted players already injured, bad luck or no, i still can't say.

Going forward, I'm still high on the future, it's honestly hard not to be. I know summer league is what it is, but Simmons, especially his passing looked nice. There's no reason to think he won't be healthy come next year and into the future. Covington is a legit starter on a good team. The homie Dario might not be athletically gifted, but he gets it done somehow. If Embiid can stay healthy is the big piece. I still don't know if he'll every average more than 30 minutes a game if healthy, but Holmes ain't too shabby if he has to pick up the other 18. Be nice if we can pick up 2 more pieces in this draft. TLC has shown vast improvement throughout the season as well. I like where the team is at.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At times I wondered if they were being overly cautious, which helped out the tank. But, more and more, I don't know if it was misuse, misdiagnosis, etc... i know they drafted players already injured, bad luck or no, i still can't say.

Going forward, I'm still high on the future, it's honestly hard not to be. I know summer league is what it is, but Simmons, especially his passing looked nice. There's no reason to think he won't be healthy come next year and into the future. Covington is a legit starter on a good team. The homie Dario might not be athletically gifted, but he gets it done somehow. If Embiid can stay healthy is the big piece. I still don't know if he'll every average more than 30 minutes a game if healthy, but Holmes ain't too shabby if he has to pick up the other 18. Be nice if we can pick up 2 more pieces in this draft. TLC has shown vast improvement throughout the season as well. I like where the team is at.

Big win for the Lakers last night. They currently have the 3rd worst record, which means that their pick is more likely than not to convey to the 76ers. Having them finish the season with the 3rd worst record is really important.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers win again! Fantastic.

The Lakers finish the season with: SAC, MIN, NO, @GS

Hoping for 1-2 more wins in there.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richaun Holmes is a monster. I hope he has a future role for you guys. I love watching him play.

McConnell is a good player too. But he has a shelf life because of Point Simmons. Still, he should be a solid backup for his career.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers win again! Fantastic.

The Lakers finish the season with: SAC, MIN, NO, @GS

Hoping for 1-2 more wins in there.
Fucking suns beat thunder, now I'm watching the end of this lakers-kings game.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking suns beat thunder, now I'm watching the end of this lakers-kings game.

The last few games have been nerve racking. I'll be rooting for the Kings tomorrow night, even if it ends up locking them in with the 8th or 9th worst record. Very important that the Suns ends up with the 2nd worst record.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well whadoyaknow, the last game of the year and Simmons has been clear to play. strange coincidence huh