• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

'13-'14 Beavs Thread

NativeWebfoot

Live to race-Race to live
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you bought into the Mannion hype last yr, but when out, Vaz had the Beavs rolling 3-0 with ZERO INTs and would've rolled right over Wash as well as the rest. The left side of the O-line is still starters and shows strength. Why not run behind them? The right side has been banged up with rotating players filling in. Why are we trying to run behind them? On defense, the Beavs only lost 1 lineman to the NFL and had depth as well as a stud juco transfer. I think Banker just tried changing up the defensive scheme during the off-season and screwed up. Last season, the Beavs were focused on stopping the run and NOBODY could run against them. This season, they couldn't stop a HS offense from running against them. WTF happened? The Beavs have a history of getting stronger as the season progresses but I'm not seeing enough improvement to be confident. Maybe if they blow out Colorado as they SHOULD, I'll feel like they're making strides in the right direction. I know Woods got a concussion, but where's the rest of the run game? Storm wasn't the ONLY RB on the team and if the Beavs are going to have any chance, they've got to work with the other backs to develop them and develop some kind of run game or defenses will go after the QB with no respect for any play-actions.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully there a bowl team because Colorado and Utah have been a joke so far, Utah more because Colorado is building a very good basketball team.

Combined record for the 2 schools (Utah and Colorado) is like 5-1 so far this year...don't make yourself sound like an idiot all the time and worry about YOUR OWN team on YOUR OWN TEAM PAGE, so GTFO!

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Native...Vaz lost To Stanford on his "Phantom fumble" play and completely eroded in the 4th @ the Alamo. Sure his TO ratio was down, but he had his faults last year too. Surprized YOU have bought into the Vaz hype when Mannion lost hist last year starting job due to an injury and was 3-0 at the time.

How can you NOT DENY Mannion's stats this year are incredible for what's currently protecting him? The Beavs run game will come back at some point when injuried players return. Until then LIGHT EM UP I say thru the air...

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Banker's 3-4 BASE D schem sucks balls right now, but it's probably has to do more with team speed instead of interior lineman size. GO GET some fat guys Riley! To be honest, the most damage being done to the Beaver D right now is on the edges, which a 3-4 is suppose to help out with. IT'S NOT and thats where mobile QB's and their running backs are getting yardage from. Not sure what to think about the defense. Banker has been with Riley since his HC days @ the Chargers, so he IS a good DC. Kids are having a hard time figuring out that defense tho.

NativeWebfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree that Mannion's stats look better so far this season, the Beavs have struggled against their easiest opponents. The sched only gets tougher from here. There was never any hype about Vaz to buy into, and I think the only reason Mannion is the starter is political. Mannion's dad is a coach and probably a key booster for the team. He says his son starts, and Sean is the starting QB. Last season's defense got the job done and I don't see any reason why Banker wanted to change it. The D should be nearly the same as last season.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the ol' man MUST know sumptin, his kid is leading the nation in passing, TD's and yardage thrown.

Reason most havn't heard a peep out of Crieghton this year is he getting double-teamed, where the "bookend" to him I ask?

Injuries to our biggies IS a big story for the team. They will return, but NO MORE Doctor @ LB either...that got to leave a mark. Beaver secondary is coming around tho and they need to "contain" @ the edges if possible. Tight bump coverage at the line and then crash down if it's a run play coming @ them.

NativeWebfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's about time the Beavs beat one of the easier teams by more than a TD. Beating Colorado was expected and the spread was what the Beavs should've been beating all their prev opponents by. It only get's tougher from here on. The competition is going to be way above what the Beavs have faced so far and they'd better get ready for it. With the turmoil at USC, I'd expect the Beavs to beat USC this season and while I expect the Beavs to beat WSU, they've been looking a LOT better so far this season. It won't be any kind of automatic win for showing up. I think the Beavs will be more prepared for UW just because UW has been steadily getting better and will be expected to beat the Beavs. The Cal game could go either way also depending on which teams show up. Cal's good or bad team, and the Beavs good or bad team.

NativeWebfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mannion better not keep throwing up hail mary passes like he did against the inept defense of Colorado. The rest of the teams on the schedule have much better defenses and he'll set another record for INTs like last season. Last season he was injured, didn't play in 4 games if I remember right, and still threw the most INTs of any FBS QB. He's started out this season with only 1 so far, I think, but against the bottom teams. Playing @ WSU this weekend and the Cougs have shown a lot of improvement so far. The Beavs better be prepared for a battle and a high scoring boat race. Without a running game, it's looking like a scary game.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good, solid win @WSU. NEXT victim ??? :laser:

Tank gawd I didn't have to hear about Mannions 1 INT tonite from you Native. "PUT VAZ IN" as he tossed a garbagetime INT @ the Wazzou goaline tonite with his 1st pass gas attempt tonite.:laugh3:

Rest assured Mannion and his 500 yrdz passing stats tonite keeps him @ the top of the nations passin stats for yet anudda weeker.

Beavs HAVE a runnin game now...Woods et al...

HELLO!:suds:

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tanked game 1 against EWU and have run the table now @ 5-0. Cal next week, lets call that 1 as it will be... a "W".

Next up is that Stand-the-turd-up club that just passed major gas in Utah tonite.

Are you people "visualizing" with me now?

NativeWebfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tank gawd I didn't have to hear about Mannions 1 INT tonite from you Native. "PUT VAZ IN" as he tossed a garbagetime INT @ the Wazzou goaline tonite with his 1st pass gas attempt tonite.:laugh3:

Rest assured Mannion and his 500 yrdz passing stats tonite keeps him @ the top of the nations passin stats for yet anudda weeker.

Beavs HAVE a runnin game now...Woods et al...

HELLO!:suds:
Since you brought it up, Vaz's INT was in "garbage time", inside the 7 yard line, and the coaches call for a PASS ???? Beavs SHOULD'VE been just running it in to eat up more clock and wearing down their D a little more. No reason to be passing it in such a tight, crowded area in the first place. That's how Mannion got intercepted earlier. By passing it in the crowded endzone when they had 1st and goal at the 3 yrd line. I wasn't going to bring it up because Mannion only threw 1 tonight and the Beavs got it rolling in the 2nd half to pull away.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since you brought it up, Vaz's INT was in "garbage time", inside the 7 yard line, and the coaches call for a PASS ???? Beavs SHOULD'VE been just running it in to eat up more clock and wearing down their D a little more. No reason to be passing it in such a tight, crowded area in the first place. That's how Mannion got intercepted earlier. By passing it in the crowded endzone when they had 1st and goal at the 3 yrd line. I wasn't going to bring it up because Mannion only threw 1 tonight and the Beavs got it rolling in the 2nd half to pull away.

What Native? This reply post "leaks" of urine and too much pizza pie. Get real and understand that Riley and Langendork have it fingered out of late. Did you get in the 2nd halfer that the Beavs came back to the screen pass? That tore the shit outta the Cougz tonite, many more will bow to that kind of play calling in the future.:laugh3:

NativeWebfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Native? This reply post "leaks" of urine and too much pizza pie. Get real and understand that Riley and Langendork have it fingered out of late. Did you get in the 2nd halfer that the Beavs came back to the screen pass? That tore the shit outta the Cougz tonite, many more will bow to that kind of play calling in the future.:laugh3:
Screen passes work fine out between the 20s but not when you're inside the 5 yard line, going into the crowded endzone.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screen passes work fine out between the 20s but not when you're inside the 5 yard line, going into the crowded endzone.

I'm sorry Vaz ejaculated inside your 5 yard line tonite, spose it really wasn't his fault, but continueing your denial on Mannion is fruitless. Join the party boat or get off and swim a mile or two instead down the Willamette till you hit the Pudding River, hang a right at some farmers field and THEN call it a day. When are you going to give Mannion his due due?:laugh3::suds:

NativeWebfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope the Beavs coaches worked on tweaking the defense and getting a run game to make opponents respect the play-action passes. Even if using 1 run play per set of downs for no gain, it makes them respect the possibility of a run and opens up the pass game. ASU is on fire right now and going down to play in Tempe will take a very good game plan and the team playing focused, lights-out, mistake free football. The Beavs haven't won a "statement" game yet this season against a team with a winning record. This is the time to "git 'er done". GO BEAVS !!!!:laser: