• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

'13-'14 Beavs Thread

NativeWebfoot

Live to race-Race to live
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanted to get a current thread started. My thoughts, the Beavs are going to make another deep run with the softer than usual schedule. I see them having trouble with Oregon (obviously) but I think they can beat everyone else if prepared and play solid, fundamental, and focused. They lost only 3 key players to the NFL, picked up a couple top JUCO transfers and the rest of the team has experience. They should be ranked around 13th - 16th preseason in my opinion and I can see them playing with a chip on their shoulders for starting the season ranked at 23rd-25th or unranked. As the offseason has been passing (tooooo slowly) the publications and BCS have been dropping the Beavs and putting all the SEC back up there.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am on the record. Wallace has convinced me... No way Stanford beats OSU in Corvallis. Will not happen.

NativeWebfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am on the record. Wallace has convinced me... No way Stanford beats OSU in Corvallis. Will not happen.
I don't think USC will win in Corvallis this season either. :rollseyes:

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have you guys going 10-2, upsetting Stanford but also being upset by Arizona State

a little sneak preview of my Pac-12 predictions that I'll post tonight on the CFB general board

NativeWebfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm expecting the Beavs to beat Stanford and agree it could be the game @ASU. It could as easily be against Washington again. I'm allowing a loss to Oregon, but the other loss will probably come from overlooking a team, not being prepared and focused. OR St and Stanford both play pro-style and match up pretty even. It's the schools that play gimmick or other styles that give the Beavs trouble.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU wont win up here either Sutton and Bradford to much pressure and we added depth everywhere.

NativeWebfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife (ASU alum) and I went to the game @ ASU 2 yrs ago and Mannion was QB for the Beavs. I saw him hitting the ASU defenders between the numbers all night. ASU's defense could'nt catch a cold in the 1st half, but intercepted Mannion 5 times in the 2nd half and ASU won the game. My biggest concern is if coach Riley puts Mannion in as starter again this season and the INTs will keep the Beavs from winning a few games they should.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife (ASU alum) and I went to the game @ ASU 2 yrs ago and Mannion was QB for the Beavs. I saw him hitting the ASU defenders between the numbers all night. ASU's defense could'nt catch a cold in the 1st half, but intercepted Mannion 5 times in the 2nd half and ASU won the game. My biggest concern is if coach Riley puts Mannion in as starter again this season and the INTs will keep the Beavs from winning a few games they should.

Graham is much more discipline though you have to look at ASUs defense and say wow they can really get to the qb. Under Ericskon we were undisciplined couldn't tackle and would drop easy passes. The reason why we lost up at Oregon State was because there was a point in the season where we couldnt run the ball and it forced Kelly to be one dimensional but once the Washington state game came and we started doing more read option stuff it opened up something completely new in our playbook and we ended up winning the last 3 games. I think ASUs defense could be a force this season if ASU is healthy.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grice is very good and DJ can line up as a wr and has some of the best hands of any rb in the nation Foster also gained 20 pounds and looks a lot faster. Should be interesting we added depth to the line with Harddison.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly is really good I know he played bad against you guys but hes actually really good and I hated that announcer that kept stating hes throwing in a 15 yards box his arm strength has gotten a lot better and it always has been there its just hes throwing on the run a lot.

NativeWebfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beavers defense really rocked last season and I think it was the difference maker in some games. The Beaver D held almost every team to under a hundred yds on the ground and CBs were either intercepting or breaking up most passes. I like the offense better with Katz instead of Mannion at QB. Katz is shorter and can't see over the linemen as well, but he'll take a sack and keep the ball in the Beavs hands rather than Mannion who just airs it downfield hoping a Beav receiver gets it instead of a defender.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beavers defense really rocked last season and I think it was the difference maker in some games. The Beaver D held almost every team to under a hundred yds on the ground and CBs were either intercepting or breaking up most passes. I like the offense better with Katz instead of Mannion at QB. Katz is shorter and can't see over the linemen as well, but he'll take a sack and keep the ball in the Beavs hands rather than Mannion who just airs it downfield hoping a Beav receiver gets it instead of a defender.

I know your d is good I hope we can win the south and hopefully we meet you guys in the pac 12 championship game we have to get by UCLA I think our d is better than UCLA but they have some very talented freshmen starting.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A qb I think is your only problem any talented freshmen coming in we have Kelly who I think is a top 3 qb in the conference you could argue if you wanted to.

NativeWebfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last season, OR St's opener was postponed and the Beavs had to open a week later against Wisconsin. They had a RB that was the Heisman front runner until OR St shut him down. UCLA had the next Heisman front runner until OR St shut him down also, knocking him off the Heisman radar. IF UCLA gets him on track and starts opening holes for him, UCLA might be a force this season. ASU will need a very good run D to stop UCLA from running up & down the field on them.

NativeWebfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way the rotation is working, the Beavs don't have to play UCLA or AZ this season and both look like they could challenge for the South this season. Glad the Beavs don't play them or I'd have to predict a 3rd loss for the season instead of 2 losses.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASUs run defense is good though we just lost sutton for a little bit and mix that with no line depth but Sutton,Harrdison,Hood,Onyeali,Davon Coleman are all solid dlinemen and will be very good. Ucla still has no defense. Remember we played Ucla and lost on a last second field goal without Sutton!

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Removing Onyeali from the starting lineup and only using him on 3rd downs which we did at the end of the season. Not having Oregon on our schedule and keeping Sutton healthy will improve our run defense tremendously mixed with more depth and putting down 4 linemen against teams like Wisconsin. Our d line I think is the best in the nation I mean I cant name a d line with as much talent,strength and speed as ours.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Explosive, Athletic, Dominating, Attacking, Longer,
Faster, Stronger, and Smarter" These are the adjectives that Coach Todd
Graham uses to describe the future of Arizona State University Football. Now
that signing day has come and gone, it's officially that time to project the
Depth Charts of the 2013 Sun Devils starting with what else, D-Fence.

Defensive Line:

No other position group is harder to predict than Arizona
State’s Defensive Line next year. With six defensive lineman drafted and a
group that was ranked top-2 in tackles for a loss and sacking the quarterback,
how do you bench players? It’s scary, but the answer to the question is easy, we
have better players..

Nose Guard & Three Technique:

1. Demetrius Cherry (6'6" 265)

2. Jaxon Hood (6'0" 295)

This is a crucial position in Todd Graham
"attacking" style defense. The Nose Guard needs to plug the holes,
pressure the QB, and bat down balls. Hood did a fantastic job for us last year
and made it clear that he wanted to play early in his career. But Graham made it
clear over and over in his press conference that he wants length, and when you
recruit a 6’6 7/8” junior college defensive lineman that was rated as one of
the top in the nation, the plan is to use him immediately.

Defensive Tackle:

1. Will Sutton (6'1" 267)

2. Davon Coleman (6'2" 282)

This projection is obvious, you play the consensus All
American. Benching Coleman however and taking him out of his position
(Defensive End) should seem very strange. I'll explain below.

Defensive End:

1. Marcus Hardison (6'4" 290)

2. Kisima Jagne (6'5" 230)

You see a trend here? “We want to add length.” Marcus Hardison
is the #1 DE JC recruit in the nation and the #6 JC recruit period, you play
the kid, and you play him now. Kisima Jagne is big, explosive, local, and I
would think very hungry. He was rated as the #28 Defensive End out of High
School, but still needs to add strength and weight to start.

This is where you might start wondering, where is our former
starting Freshman All American Defensive Lineman go in Junior Onyeali? I'm sorry,
I don’t know where Graham will use him. Honestly, he's going to have to switch
to Spur or Devil linebacker because he’s not seeing the field with this new
depth..

NativeWebfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for the brain fart earlier. I called for Katz for QB, but he's graduated and moved on. It's Cody Vaz that impressed me last season. He came in when Mannion got hurt, won all 3 games he QB'd then Mannion came back just in time for the Wash game. Mannion threw another 5 INTs if I remember right. Wash won and it really made a big impact on the final standings. Vaz was QB in the Stanford game and was beating Stanford for 54 minutes until he dropped the ball in the backfield while scrambling. Stanford recovered and won. Vaz may not throw for as many yards as Mannion but he SURE is a lot more accurate.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for the brain fart earlier. I called for Katz for QB, but he's graduated and moved on. It's Cody Vaz that impressed me last season. He came in when Mannion got hurt, won all 3 games he QB'd then Mannion came back just in time for the Wash game. Mannion threw another 5 INTs if I remember right. Wash won and it really made a big impact on the final standings. Vaz was QB in the Stanford game and was beating Stanford for 54 minutes until he dropped the ball in the backfield while scrambling. Stanford recovered and won. Vaz may not throw for as many yards as Mannion but he SURE is a lot more accurate.

I would rather have a qb that can control the game rather than a qb that turns it over. As long as you have a qb that is adequate with your defense you will be you just need to find ways to score and I think you guys can.