• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #11 USC Trojans vs UCLA Bruins 8PM EST ABC

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,871.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.

I thought both showed why NFL scouts are excited about them. Rosen, because he already knows how to work through progressions and he can make every throw needed to be successful in the NFL. He's ready right now.

Darnold can also make all of the throws and his athleticism adds another dimension. But he needs another year in college to learn to stay in the pocket and go through his progressions before relying on his athleticism. I think people forget that he really doesn't have a lot of experience. He has less than 2 full seasons as a starter in college and never focused completely on football when he was in high school. A fair amount of his success last year was because he had 2 experienced, NFL ready receivers in Juju and Darreus Rodgers.

The secondary isn't quite as bad as they looked. Rosen is just really good and was on last night. They had to use man coverage to put pressure on Rosen and disrupt him which led to 4 sacks, batted down passes and hurried throws. But, when they didn't get there, it left them vulnerable to some big plays.

When they decided to rush fewer players, it gave Rosen time to pick them apart.

Darnold only started at QB his senior year I believe....