• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

11 Seconds

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were left on the clock. We got screwed even if his knee was really down.

O8nROYULJoS8aasZuRplw-D1D8rK4MaLRRPDuCQ5CFQ.jpg

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I think the time was photo shopped. There was only 13 seconds when the play started so it had to be at least 3 seconds for that play.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was not photoshopped. The NFL.com highlight shows 11 seconds, too.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got screwed even if his knee was really down.
You're getting technical with the clock, I've never seen a game with that kind of precision. Look at the top of Tate's foot and where the balls at, not his knee.

The Lions do it to the fan base every week in the 4th quarter with the down to the wire crap. I don't know why you guys can't see... "THAT" the Lions offense can move the BALL AT WILL WHEN IT MATTERS, but only dick around to keep the games close until the 4th quarter.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was not photoshopped. The NFL.com highlight shows 11 seconds, too.

OK, I could not tell. Looked like there was only 13 seconds when the play started so its hard to imagine that was only 2 seconds for the play.

Do you have a link. I can find one.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're getting technical with the clock, I've never seen a game with that kind of precision. Look at the top of Tate's foot and where the balls at, not his knee.

The Lions do it to the fan base every week in the 4th quarter with the down to the wire crap. I don't know why you guys can't see... "THAT" the Lions offense can move the BALL AT WILL WHEN IT MATTERS, but only dick around to keep the games close until the 4th quarter.

Maybe this will snap Caldwell out of his self induced coma. Shit like this wont matter if you blow a team out.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I argued this too, initially. The thing is though, would the clock have stopped when his knee hit? (No). The runoff starts from the point when the clock was stopped/should have stopped. The clock stopped when the TD was signaled. If replay had shown that he went out of bounds will 11 seconds left, then the clock goes back to 11. But here, I don't know.

The whole thing just sucks. Should never have been reversed.

Rob

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In this situation, with the game on the line, the refs need that level of precision.

Golden Tate's would-be go-ahead touchdown is called back, ending Falcons-Lions in bizarre fashion

If a 10 second run off was to occur then it should be from when the previous play ended. The play ended at 11 seconds when Tate's knee supposedly touched.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this will snap Caldwell out of his self induced coma.
A gut feeling tells me the fan base will be happier when they(the fan base) steps down from trying to run the Lions Organization. Twice(different years) I've asked you guys to tell me WHEN and WHAT the fan base was whining about to see if the Lions didn't deliver on shutting the fan base up. Example... WCF wanted a West Coast Offense and the fan base whined about the lack of a running game... Rod Marinelli came out and said we're going to pound the Rock. Another example... the fan base whined about a defense and got a top 3 defense, but the offense held back. The list goes on with answers to the fan base whining. WCF and Millen were still friends after the media and fan base got Millen oust. Millen had 10 million extra reasons to like WCF when buying out the rest of Millen's contract. Call it BS if you like, but the NFL is on board.
Shit like this wont matter if you blow a team out.
Keep doubting when the Lions start out fast putting points on the board and dick around until the other team passes the Lions up or the other team starts out fast and the Lions stay within striking distance until the 4th quarter. They win some and they lose some when it comes down to the wire. I'm only seeing 10 million reasons why the Lions are only doing enough to sell tickets.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this situation, with the game on the line, the refs need that level of precision.

If a 10 second run off was to occur then it should be from when the previous play ended. The play ended at 11 seconds when Tate's knee supposedly touched.
It was clearly defensive holding as Tate was falling to make the catch, it is down by contact nonetheless(can't call a penalty under review). There was 12 seconds left on the clock according to the NFL Network and what you're trying to say is that it only took 1 second to run that play giving the Lions another shoot to win the game.

Rob

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was clearly defensive holding as Tate was falling to make the catch, it is down by contact nonetheless(can't call a penalty under review). There was 12 seconds left on the clock according to the NFL Network and what you're trying to say is that it only took 1 second to run that play giving the Lions another shoot to win the game.

All I am saying was it certainly didnt take 5 seconds. If they are gonna break out the 4k displays to say his knee or shin indisputably hit the ground then they should have looked at the bottom of the screen and adjusted the clock too.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I am saying was it certainly didnt take 5 seconds. If they are gonna break out the 4k displays to say his knee or shin indisputably hit the ground then they should have looked at the bottom of the screen and adjusted the clock too.
All I'm saying is it isn't on the officials, it was the correct call. The Lions have 7 years of down to the wire 4th quarter come from behind tries for Stafford's 28 comeback wins. The last few years they've been moving the ball at will when it matters but dick around when it doesn't. Give the Lions enough time and they'll beat themselves.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....Give the Lions enough time and they'll beat themselves.

At their current salaries, they don't need to beat themselves. Unlike the game, they should be able to get a happy ending.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet they set themselves up for failure to sell Honolulu Blue Kool-Aid for 51 years.

Kool-Aid-1.jpg

I like to have a glass every now and then. It is sweet at first, then leaves a shitty after taste.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not in the same boat. I think we have turned the corner and are 1 year from being a SB contender. 1 more draft and FA from BQ and we should be where we need to be.

Although I did a better job drafting this year then they did. We basically traded away Kareem Hunt for Reeves-Maybin and Roberts. I am still pissed about that. Hopefully they realize we need another back that can be a workhorse unless somehow Green actually gets a chance this year. I doubt he will though.