• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10-1

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan State was defeated by Nebraska.
OU was defeated by Texas.

Why the fuck are those teams ahead of us?

I'm with you on OU, but MSU got completely hosed in that loss. The Husker receiver didn't IMO get pushed out of bounds. But it's whatever. I've never liked committees, it's a beauty contest and you never know who's going to like what, if you have Red hair and they prefer Blondes... well, nothing you can do. It makes no matter, best thing to do now is to beat the snot out of the next two opponents and make the committee look bad with their choices.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing I hate about the committee is that they don't take a whole body of work into consideration which is the nonsense

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing I hate about the committee is that they don't take a whole body of work into consideration which is the nonsense

They do though. They have the body of work to this point and still there's issues with the rankings, even from an objective point of view. Their opinions change every week as does their supposed criterion. Shouldn't it be the same week in and week out? How can anyone measure up to a standard that's always moving?

The idea that a close win or a close loss becomes part of how teams get into a playoff is a position and an idea I reject. Sure you can have an opinion on it, but it shouldn't affect whether you're eligible for playoffs or not.

Take any other sport for an example; if in the NFL a team goes 8-8 an makes the playoffs because they won their division no mention of whether or not they 'almost' lost in that 8th win makes a difference as to whether they get in or don't. The rules should be known before a whistle blows. Win your conference, in. Win all your games, in. So on and so forth. This whole, well if you almost win against whom someone thinks is the best team, plus have a SoS good enough, don't play any cupcakes, have good game control, etc, etc, etc, is an insult not to fans so much (we've had to deal with the AP for decades) but to the players themselves. Winning all your games isn't even enough in some cases. Like I said, beauty contest.

Still a long way to go before it's remotely fair to all involved and bias is removed from the equation.

It is what it is. If the bias was in our favor, we'd be happy we're still in. As it turns out, we're not the beneficiary of the bikini contest results. As if looks have anything to do with it.

Still a solid season considering everything. Maybe Kelly will re-evaluate his approach until this CFP becomes a little more sensible (4 spots for 5 conferences was dumb to begin with) and stop letting up on teams we have beaten. The players too will have to consider that just beating a team you're favored to beat isn't enough, and that just squeaking by with a win isn't going to cut it. From that perspective I see why Baylor tries to score 70 every game. I don't agree that it should come to that, but it is what it is.

At least now I might not have to spend my New Year's eve watching the T.V. I think that's pretty stupid as well.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do though. They have the body of work to this point and still there's issues with the rankings, even from an objective point of view. Their opinions change every week as does their supposed criterion. Shouldn't it be the same week in and week out? How can anyone measure up to a standard that's always moving?

The idea that a close win or a close loss becomes part of how teams get into a playoff is a position and an idea I reject. Sure you can have an opinion on it, but it shouldn't affect whether you're eligible for playoffs or not.

Take any other sport for an example; if in the NFL a team goes 8-8 an makes the playoffs because they won their division no mention of whether or not they 'almost' lost in that 8th win makes a difference as to whether they get in or don't. The rules should be known before a whistle blows. Win your conference, in. Win all your games, in. So on and so forth. This whole, well if you almost win against whom someone thinks is the best team, plus have a SoS good enough, don't play any cupcakes, have good game control, etc, etc, etc, is an insult not to fans so much (we've had to deal with the AP for decades) but to the players themselves. Winning all your games isn't even enough in some cases. Like I said, beauty contest.

Still a long way to go before it's remotely fair to all involved and bias is removed from the equation.

It is what it is. If the bias was in our favor, we'd be happy we're still in. As it turns out, we're not the beneficiary of the bikini contest results. As if looks have anything to do with it.

Still a solid season considering everything. Maybe Kelly will re-evaluate his approach until this CFP becomes a little more sensible (4 spots for 5 conferences was dumb to begin with) and stop letting up on teams we have beaten. The players too will have to consider that just beating a team you're favored to beat isn't enough, and that just squeaking by with a win isn't going to cut it. From that perspective I see why Baylor tries to score 70 every game. I don't agree that it should come to that, but it is what it is.

At least now I might not have to spend my New Year's eve watching the T.V. I think that's pretty stupid as well.

there are what, 12 teams with one or no losses? the criteria you talk about is worthless here. you still have to juggle the 1 loss teams and how do you do that? by making comparisons of the foes of those teams (sos) or HOW they won ..... as in ND stinking up the joint the last 2 games.
i don't think you can lay this on the committee. i doubt their opinions change week to week. at SOME point there has to be a judgement call. a consensus.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are making too much of a big deal out of the Wake game. It was 21-0 at half and Wake was never in it. Clemson just beat that same Wake team by 20. We beat them by 21